NFL Week #12 - Bills at Lions - Pregame Thread

oldmanfan

Today would be a great day for a Cook coming out party. I started this post without even connecting the dots of the name “Cook” on thanksgiving….I love Singletary and I appreciate what he’s done. Cook is just different. He’s lightning quick and a dangerous threat every time he touches the ball. The guy has been turning 1 yard runs into 6 yards for the last month. Let’s give this guy 20+ touches today in-front of a National audience and show everyone that we are going to be a problem going forward. Make the switch to Cook as the starter and let’s go on a run. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3

On Sunday, I elected to take a 3 hour mountain bike ride during the game and watch the replay. As that was a success, I will repeat today. If this works again, I may never watch a live Bills game. The sacrifices I make for this team!

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

The Lions LBs suck in coverage. This should be a Knox/McKenzie/Cook over the middle game with a complimentary play-action game for deep shots to Diggs/Gabe because their CBs suck too. I want to see Dorsey come up with a game plan that exploits the Lions defensive deficiencies which are all over the place. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m kind of at the point where I’m blocking out the fact that Tre White is even on the team. When or if I see him on the field again..fine. Until then if Elam gets back I’m hoping he starts with Dane. Last week was very rough on our corners. I think Elam has been very underrated here and was getting jerked around a little early on. This guy is probably going to end up being our CB1 here going forward. I want to see Elam out there with Jackson and if Dane is getting abused again maybe see what Rhodes has. He has a lot of veteran craft and looked good in limited action last week. He may have lost a step physically but he was one of the best CBS in the league not too long ago. He knows what he’s doing and he won’t embarrass you out there. Especially with Poyer behind him.  

• Agree 1

This team has been through the wringer this year, and at 7-3 are still in position to get to the promised land. Sometimes it's easy to hyper focus on every problem, and forget to be thankful that this current group is giving us a legitimate kick at the can every season.

LET'S GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Going to be rough for me. Have people

coming to eat around 2 PM. I think I am going to watch the first half, and then DVR the second half. I just get so stressed out when I know the game is occurring and I am not watching it. 

I am the same way.  I feel like the something terrible might be happening when I can't see what is going on on the broadcast.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

The Lions LBs suck in coverage. This should be a Knox/McKenzie/Cook over the middle game with a complimentary play-action game for deep shots to Diggs/Gabe because their CBs suck too. I want to see Dorsey come up with a game plan that exploits the Lions defensive deficiencies which are all over the place. 

The two best things about last week were the emergence of Knox and Cook. This offense was on the verge of being broken and wether people want to realize it or not…a change was necessary. You really change the eye of a defense if you have threats on every level. We needed that Beasley vacated underneath void filled and if Knox can be that guy, we are going to be dangerous. Now you throw in a home run hitter at RB to maybe you pay on a light box…last week was great for our offense. I’m just hoping the Defense get it together. The defense sent us home last year in KC. That’s the thing we need to sure up. I know there have been injuries but we got what we got. Coach it up.

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I would much prefer our game today to be played on Sunday.

Lots going on today, but now Sunday will have a big hole in it.

Assuming the bills win today, it'll be nice to kick back and watch other games stress free 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I am the same way.  I feel like the something terrible might be happening when I can't see what is going on on the broadcast.

Just do what I do on such (thankfully) rare occasions--I just keep my fingers crossed until I can see a score of the game--works like a charm (well, most of the time)....