NFL Week #12 - Bills at Lions - Pregame Thread

oldmanfan

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

When should I start drinking? 

Thinking now as my wife has the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on, and there's only so much Hoda Kotb one can take...

I think right now :)   I need to go to the store and then I think a thanksgiving drink is in order

Happy thanksgiving to all.   Hope all goes well

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am sort of stressed about this game. Lions on a 3-game winning streak. They have very close losses to Vikings and Dolphins. Seems like they are scrappy. We are going to have to play with some fire.

They are a very good offensive team.  The defense is up and down.  If the Bills play sound football and no sloppy stuff they should win.

• Like (+1) 1

My concern going into the game is Josh’s elbow. It’s funny as this is only from watching the Browns game back, but being able to watch analytically rather than emotionally, some of his throws looked like they lacked his usual power. The one which really stood out was the TD to Diggs - it went at a usual pace and strength that we’d expect from him but he ended up on the turf he’d put so much into it. Normally I don’t think this would be an issue for him. Then we had the moment when he was unusually agitated when his elbow was touched out of bounds.

Hopefully the last three days have helped him but, certainly on Sunday, I’m confident he was not 100%.

38 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Today would be a great day for a Cook coming out party. I started this post without even connecting the dots of the name “Cook” on thanksgiving….I love Singletary and I appreciate what he’s done. Cook is just different. He’s lightning quick and a dangerous threat every time he touches the ball. The guy has been turning 1 yard runs into 6 yards for the last month. Let’s give this guy 20+ touches today in-front of a National audience and show everyone that we are going to be a problem going forward. Make the switch to Cook as the starter and let’s go on a run. Go Bills!

The Lions have a stout run D. They can’t defend the pass very well. Guess what the Bills will do?

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

My concern going into the game is Josh’s elbow. It’s funny as this is only from watching the Browns game back, but being able to watch analytically rather than emotionally, some of his throws looked like they lacked his usual power. The one which really stood out was the TD to Diggs - it went at a usual pace and strength that we’d expect from him but he ended up on the turf he’d put so much into it. Normally I don’t think this would be an issue for him. Then we had the moment when he was unusually agitated when his elbow was touched out of bounds.

Hopefully the last three days have helped him but, certainly on Sunday, I’m confident he was not 100%.

That TD a pass to Diggs he did look really odd. Josh probably won’t be 100% until next season

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Thinking now as my wife has the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on, and there's only so much Hoda Kotb one can take...

Drink now, if your wife is watching Hoda she's obviously comfortable with day drinking.

• Haha (+1) 5

37 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I’m going through same thing.  What time can I make myself a drink without strange looks from the wife.  

We were supposed to go to my brother-in-laws house for Thanksgiving but got a call last night that they have COVID so here we are switching everything to our house at the last minute.  
i told them that if the Bills loose, I’ll be having Wild Turkey for dinner.

Let’s Go Buffalo 🦬 🦬 🦬 🦬 🦬 🦬

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

On Sunday, I elected to take a 3 hour mountain bike ride during the game and watch the replay. As that was a success, I will repeat today. If this works again, I may never watch a live Bills game. The sacrifices I make for this team!

I hate you. I have to take an ibuprofen just to drive 3 hours!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1