Highest graded defenders for Week 10 (Look who's 1st)

Gambit

PFF grade or no, I have done a total 180 on Edmunds this year and now want us to re-sign him. The defense clearly looks different without him. He's stopped making some of the head scratching plays. I don't mind that he doesn't make game changing turnovers, I'll take the consistency.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 10

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

PFF grade or no, I have done a total 180 on Edmunds this year and now want us to re-sign him. The defense clearly looks different without him. He's stopped making some of the head scratching plays. I don't mind that he doesn't make game changing turnovers, I'll take the consistency.

I completely agree. Even at the start of the season, I didn't want him re-signed. Now, I don't know how we don't. 

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I was at the game and focused on him throughout. He was phenomenal on Sunday. Just amazing, particularly in coverage. When he went down, the D went south. He's an imposing threat in coverage. Is he as good as a CB? No, but he's certainly among the elite for coverage among LBs. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Body of work of this year has been pretty good. He has some massive PBU’s and some good tackles.

It’s actually a shame that he’s closer to the top end of player that teams let walk. May end up being a situation where he’s gonna get too much as a FA

A guy that played for 1 half and dropped an easy INT was the best defender in the league ? Color me skeptical 

I thought he had a decent game. Couple nice pass breakups and generally a good job in coverage. He did drop that INT though. 

I'm not buying the narrative that the DEF did so much worse with Edmunds out. 

Vikings offense scored 10 points in the 1st half (Edmunds playing).

Vikings offense scored 13 points in the 2nd half (Edmunds not playing). 

And as far as a sample size of our DEF playing with or without Edmunds. The only game he missed this year was against the Steelers. I don't think we missed him that game. 

10 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

A guy that played for 1 half and dropped an easy INT was the best defender in the league ? Color me skeptical 

I thought he had a decent game. Couple nice pass breakups and generally a good job in coverage. He did drop that INT though. 

I'm not buying the narrative that the DEF did so much worse with Edmunds out. 

Vikings offense scored 10 points in the 1st half (Edmunds playing).

Vikings offense scored 13 points in the 2nd half (Edmunds not playing). 

And as far as a sample size of our DEF playing with or without Edmunds. The only game he missed this year was against the Steelers. I don't think we missed him that game. 

If you were at the game and focusing on what was going on in the secondary, you'd realize how much of a threat he presents. He is very fast for a LB, extremely tall, and has an incredibly big wingspan. And he was playing with anticipation on virtually every play. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.