It Just FEELS as Though Buffalo Lost A Lot more Than the Game Yesterday

BuffaloBaumer

It looked to me like Josh lost all his confidence after that 2nd interception. I don’t like that. I hope it was a bad day and I hope he just didn’t take the game serious enough and just let down. If this guy loses anything he had we have no shot. We are great because he is great. We can’t absorb him regressing back to some wildcard out there.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I agree on the Allen part but Mahomes looked Bad as well and if it wasn't for some terrible officiating, they lose.

He was missing wide open guys all day. It happens 

Agreed, but when the chips were down, and KC absolutely needed a score (and the refs to assist on the 2-point conversion attempts), Mahomes got it done.

6 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

The most terrifying thought is maybe this is what Allen is supposed to be.  The last two years where he put up incredible MVP numbers was a fluke. He finally landed to Earth in the 2nd half of the Green Bay game. If this continues against the Vikings, it will be a miracle to get the #1 seed.

This is by far my number 1 concern 

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

I think we are experiencing a mild slump.  The Bills will be back at it, doing handsprings, in no time. 

I saw this on my feed this morning. The Bills WILL weather this storm and get back on track. They are too good not to. 

novcaring.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

The day after the night before, I'm trying to think logically. Josh looked average to poor for much of the regular season last year post bye and look what he did in the play offs. The disappointment is I thought he had raised his floor but he hasn't. But he still has his ceiling.

Making the post season is key. Anything after that is on the day, whether at OP or away.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Except we are still the NO1 seed. 

we are still top dog in AFCE. 

on pace for a 12-4 record going into final week. 

still have 4 division games with 3 of them ar home. Yeah we will be fine. 

I feel like only like 2% of the posters on this board right now even understand this info.  Someone should pin this so the rest of people ready to jump off a cliff because we lost a game can process this info.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This team is built entirely on Josh Allen’s shoulders.  It’s Allen and Diggs on the O, there’s not one other special player out there.  I said it before the season, everybody WANTS Davis to be special, he never has been, McKenzie, same thing.  We signed back less talent than we let walk away on O.   If Allen falters, this team is dead.  The part that sucks is he’s been so bad the last 6 quarters it feels like we have lost 2 games in a row. 

I know you can’t say it around Bills loyalist, but the lie about this being the most talented roster in football is being exposed. I’ll give the D a pass, even decimated but injuries they are holding teams to low point totals (though it’s ugly), but the O?  You got what you should have thought you had, Allen, Diggs and a bunch of guys nobody else would pay either. McKenzie has been a real disappointment after all the camp buzz, Crowder is doing what Crowder does which has always been his issue, Davis has not stepped up, Knox has been invisible and there’s still no run game.  It’s all on Allen, pray he figures it out again.

10 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I'm very concerned to watch the all 22 and see what the Jets did to confuse him. Our offense is usually unstoppable and for whatever reason it's been suspect for the better part of 6 quarters. 

We only had nine possessions yesterday, two of which were shortened end of half scenarios.  The defense has got to get off the field, so that we even have the ball.  And then when we get the ball, gotta have better pass protection, WRs have to get open and make plays, and Josh has got to stop throwing boneheaded INTs.  If just one of those things is better yesterday, we probably win the game.

Edited by strive_for_five_guy

SMH fans sound like whipped puppies today moaning and crying oh woe is me ....I get it. Disappointing loss.  

A lot more football to play this season . Lets get some of our starters back. 

a bit of adversity and the fanbase folds like a cheap suit.

/vent

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Mahomes was literally the main reason the Chiefs lost the AFCCG last year FWIW

Mahomes is the best QB in the league and has been from the minute he stepped into the league. He’s won one already and they have hosted 4 straight afc championship games…he can do whatever now, they got theirs. And he’s the reason they are still great

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Mahomes is the best QB in the league and has been from the minute he stepped into the league. He’s won one already and they have hosted 4 straight afc championship games…he can do whatever now, they got theirs. And he’s the reason they are still great

I don't disagree. But the OP stated he is never the reason the Chiefs lose. He was by far the biggest reason they lost a chance to go to a 3rd consecutive Superbowl last year. 

I'm still a Mahomes #1, Allen #2 guy... but the statement that he is never the reason his team loses is false. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I've often wondered about the "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" aspect of being a Bills fan.  But I also think what will end up killing me is all of those years of things that didn't kill me...finally piling up.  I hate football.

Well you could give football up then.

My view is that losing is the worst feeling in the world, much worse than winning feels good.  The best thing about winning is the absence of that feeling when you lose.  I think particularly for Josh, he feels the same way.  A reminder of the pain is always good to motivate you not to feel it next week. And that can be done only by winning. Then no awful "what ifs" that litter the Board today.

But I think you will be just fine.  Hang in there!

Edited by Casey D
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well we have been pregnant for 63 years! Show us the baby! 

i get it, but that's not necessarily how these long seasons work.  we've seen teams struggle for periods only to right the ship and gain steam.  we just have to hope it all lines up with the start of the playoffs.  we'll see.

• Agree 1

These games happen to every team.  Even when its not expected.  All 32 teams are filled with world class athletes and top notch strategic minds who are hyper-competitive.

Looking at the Jets yesterday, they were a motivated, driven team with young talent who played like their season and reputation was on the line.  The Bills looked kind of like they felt like they already had been awarded the win and just needed to not lose it and get through the game.

Hopefully lesson learned and it sharpens their drive and preparation moving forward.  

I would rather have this happen now, than go 16-1, and fall on their faces in the Divisional Round

Edited by May Day 10
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The biggest concern for me yesterday that hasn't had much attention in all the handwringing about Josh (who sucked) and the run defense (which was bad) is that YET AGAIN in a game on the line situation the offensive line collapsed. 

This is a repeating pattern now:

• In Tennessee (2021) the offensive line got blown up on the sneak when the Bills were going in to try and win at the end;
  • In Jacksonville (2021) Allen was under duress the entire drive and sacked on the final 3rd down knocking us out of FG range to tie;
  • Against the Pats (2021) we turned 1st and 10 at the NE 13 into 3rd and 14 with a false start and then Allen was harassed on both 3rd and 4th down causing incompletions;
  • In Miami (2022) Allen was under duress that entire drive and then Quessenberry took a holding penalty that knocked us out of FG range to tie;
  • Yesterday with plenty of time to drive down for a tying FG the Bills have a holding penalty on 1st down then give up a strick sack on 2nd down.

I feel like I am stuck on repeat but the offensive line IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, ChasBB said:

Agree with OP - it was a sickening loss very similar to Jags loss last season.  I guess the cute little "don't blink" mantra has worn off already - maybe just aim for "don't suck".

This isn't the same as the Jags loss. Jacksonville was a bad team last year and with Urban Meyer as their HC. I hate saying this, but the Jets are good minus the QB. I don't think JD did this with the Bills in mind or maybe he did, but he built a roster that matches up very well with Buffalo. The Jets are going to be a pain in the ass for the Bills. The rematch in Buffalo will be another close one.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Casey D said:

Well you could give football up then.

My view is that losing is the worst feeling in the world, much worse than winning feels good.  The best thing about winning is the absence of that feeling when you lose.  I think particularly for Josh, he feels the same way.  A reminder of the pain is always good to motivate you not to feel it next week. And that can be done only by winning.

But I think you will be just fine.  Hang in there!

Good post. Regarding Josh, I mentioned last week how impressed I was when he knew immediately after the Packers game that he didn’t play well….but…yesterday when he threw the early pick it all seemed to come crashing down on him again. Josh needs somebody on the sideline telling him to get his head in the game, or maybe telling him to lighten up. I’m not sure Keenum is that guy. I actually loved Barkley in the court jester role, where he seemed to be keeping things light. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, teef said:

i get it, but that's not necessarily how these long seasons work.  we've seen teams struggle for periods only to right the ship and gain steam.  we just have to hope it all lines up with the start of the playoffs.  we'll see.

I think people are just tired of having the Bills do Billsy things and pulling the rug out. Mostly just disappointment from a good team underwhelming when they shouldn’t be. Gabe Davis and particularly McKenzie have been soul crushers lately and it sucks. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.