On to Minnesota (get this game in the rear view mirror!)

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I’ll be disappointed in McD if Cook is inactive.  That would be effed

Agreed. I don't see any reason why that would be the case.

It would be one thing if Cook had been playing poorly recently. On the contrary, the past two games were two of his best as a Bill, and the staff has started to trust him more. Also, in terms of really pissing off and alienating a young player, benching him against his brother's team would really be the way to do it. If anything, I want to see Cook with a big role in the gameplan tomorrow.

It's GOTTA be either a special teams thing, a sickness/health thing we don't know about, or Duke's gonna be a game day inactive.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What is Frazier going to do to stop Justin Jefferson?

We usually just play our 2-high Safety look and don’t change.

But does Jefferson warrant a deviation from the usual, and command a true 100% double team? 

Sack the Vikings QB a lot so Jefferson gets less targets.  

Our DL needs another coming out party.  It been a while since we had a lot of pressure.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Lot of speculation that Cook is inactive, can't see that happening.  Just wondering if they are using Duke as "insurance", in case something unlikely happens pregame (ie: injury).  Or perhaps someone came down sick today, that we don't know about.

For Rhodes, Elam is very very likely out.  I'm wondering if both Rhodes and Tre dress.  Both these guys haven't played in a full NFL game in quite a while.  They have 1 extra game day roster spot, by dressing just 8 DL.

Agree. I think they are featuring three RBs this game, and Johnson is going to be the inactive. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

A thanks for all your updates. Can you please start every “Upcoming Game” thread? Most of us like the “recent” updates (Twitter stuff). The nostalgia and YouTube videos from 1982 are cool, but have no relevance to the game being played each week. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

A thanks for all your updates. Can you please start every “Upcoming Game” thread? Most of us like the nostalgia and YouTube videos from 1982. The “recent” updates (Twitter stuff) are cool, but whatev.  

They should try Xavier Rhodes at safety.  He can't be any worse than the guys we have had filling in this season.  Our safety position has been a major weakness in the last few weeks.  I'm only semi-kidding here.

As for Duke getting the call-up, it could be for a number of reasons.  Sickness, new injury, etc.  And who knows if he will actually be activated.  Regardless, the only thing I would be upset about this is if it takes a healthy James Cook off the field.  Not only has he been improving over the last few weeks, but you know he's been dying to play in this game since draft night.  If he is sat down in this game for the first time all season, the coaching staff is seriously tone deaf  and I don't see it playing well in the locker room.  But if he is activated for any other reason, fine.

3 minutes ago, sven233 said:

They should try Xavier Rhodes at safety.  He can't be any worse than the guys we have had filling in this season.  Our safety position has been a major weakness in the last few weeks.  I'm only semi-kidding here.

As for Duke getting the call-up, it could be for a number of reasons.  Sickness, new injury, etc.  And who knows if he will actually be activated.  Regardless, the only thing I would be upset about this is if it takes a healthy James Cook off the field.  Not only has he been improving over the last few weeks, but you know he's been dying to play in this game since draft night.  If he is sat down in this game for the first time all season, the coaching staff is seriously tone deaf  and I don't see it playing well in the locker room.  But if he is activated for any other reason, fine.

Maybe they just brought Duke up because they had a spot they didn't need and wanted to reward him with a bigger pay check for being a good soldier on the PS this season. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.