Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

3 minutes ago, Success said:

The MN game is non-conference, and hardly make or break at this point.  I'd guess they'd be cautious if it looks at all like something that rest could help with.

We need to take care of business against our division opponents. I'd rather have a healthy JA and a 2 or 3 seed than risk anything.

Too late. We handed Miami and the Jets those games. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Too late. We handed Miami and the Jets those games. 

I'd put heavy odds on us going 4-2 in division (as long as JA is only out short term)

I do not see the Jets or Fins sweeping us, with both games remaining Buffalo, and the Pats are the worst team of the three with two remaining against them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Success said:

The MN game is non-conference, and hardly make or break at this point.  I'd guess they'd be cautious if it looks at all like something that rest could help with.

We need to take care of business against our division opponents. I'd rather have a healthy JA and a 2 or 3 seed than risk anything.

Agreed.  I'd rather go into the playoffs as a low seed with a healthy Josh Allen than to go in as a higher seed with this injury lingering around,  or worse, being unavailable in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I'd put heavy odds on us going 4-2 in division (as long as JA is only out short term)

I do not see the Jets or Fins sweeping us, with both games remaining Buffalo, and the Pats are the worst team of the three with two remaining against them. 

Miami & NY would need a miracle to beat us in Buffalo.

I'd never put anything past BB, but that team can't compete w/ the Bills this year. Their wins come pretty much only when the opposing offense is completely anemic.  They might get the 2nd game if we're resting starters, which is unlikely.

• Like (+1) 1

The thing that pisses me off the most in this whole thing is that Allen got hurt essentially because Dawkins was called for holding because he blocked his man too well and basically pancaked him. Sadly these get called as holding a LOT even tho they are just damn good blocks.

I think the completion to Diggs would have been overturned due to him not having his second foot down but that would have left us at 2nd and 10 instead of 1st and 20 and forced deeper drops by Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I'd never put anything past BB, but that team can't compete w/ the Bills this year. Their wins come pretty much only when the opposing offense is completely anemic.  They might get the 2nd game if we're resting starters, which is unlikely.

Agreed if we are reasonably healthy for those games we likely curb stomp them 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

The fish and Jets both played the Bills close for 3+ quarters in Buffalo last year. So I disagree that they need anything close to a miracle to win in Buffalo especially since they have the 'house money' factor on their side now and can be more aggressive and take chances.

Also the Patriots just beat the same Jets team in NY handily despite their offense being very inconsistent and also somewhat a work in progress. Their defense is ridiculously good this year again if the Dolphins and Jets can beat the bills in their home fields no reason the Pats won't be able to do the same.

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Agreed if we are reasonably healthy for those games we likely curb stomp them 

The Jets defense is really good, and they match up well with Buffalo. I think the Bills would win but it would be close. I agree with you on the Fins. I think the Bills win that one fairly easy. Of course, this all depends on them getting healthy.

Just now, Gene1973 said:

Bills just got ass handed to them by Jets. In a game you most likely thought was going ro be a Bills blow out...

Hilarious what constitutes "ass handing" around here nowadays. Bills fans got so spoiled so quickly. Any other team dares to compete with us and keep it a close game and all of a sudden we had our asses handed to us.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The thing that pisses me off the most in this whole thing is that Allen got hurt essentially because Dawkins was called for holding because he blocked his man too well and basically pancaked him. Sadly these get called as holding a LOT even tho they are just damn good blocks.

I think the completion to Diggs would have been overturned due to him not having his second foot down but that would have left us at 2nd and 10 instead of 1st and 20 and forced deeper drops by Allen.

Wut?  He got hurt because Queeezenberry got smoked.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Deeper drop = worse angle for Quesenberry to block.

Really its Bass' fault for missing a field goal and forcing us into a position where we had to go the length of the field to win.  Or Allen's fault for throwing horrific INTs in scoring position.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.