Duds of the Game- Buf vs NYJ

VaMilBill

25 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Yeah. I think this game seals it for me that Mahomes is the better player at this point. Josh just couldn’t do anything. 

Mahomes lost to the Colts. Let’s not overreact here. 

Josh played HORRIBLE. But no one is perfect and every great player will have a clunker from time to time. Get back home, stop listening to pundits sing your praises, study some film, and go get the W next week. 

26 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agree on all but coaches.  We tried a lot, but can only do so much missing 3 All Pro secondary players + our best LB

Not to mention Groot going down with an ankle.

Jaquan Johnson needs benched, plain and simple.  Had this conversation with @GunnerBill at beginning of year, that Hamlin was the much better safety and JJ lacks too much athletically.

Agree with you on the coaches. The offense put the defense in bad spots with turnovers and we held them to 20 points. 
As to the bold:
Edmunds played today. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The organization and fans have overrated him. 

until he starts catching 4-5 normal balls a week, I have concerns.

the deep balls are great but your number 2 guy has to help move the chains at least once in awhile. 

at 210 lbs, 4.55 forty I am concerned about how long he can live on blowing the top off the defense instead of winning contested slants, crossers, etc…

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Gabe Davis. Dude is boom or bust. Dropped third down pass on comebacker early... last ball I get is tough with defender contact, but it hit his numbers

Gabe has been very disappointing since the Steelers game

• Agree 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

He’s all or nothing. Hated their approach to the WR position this off-season. 

And unlike a small speedy guy, the “all” is the opposite of his physical gifts. It’s a strange dynamic that he’s a big, physical hands catcher. The “all” should be the exception, not the rule, for him

50 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Bass: missing a field goal. Yes it’s 55 yards, but a lot of kickers can make that…including him. In a 3 point loss, that missed FG means a lot.  

Josh: two horrible, horrible picks that would even make Justin Fields blush. Josh couldn’t make any throws and even ones where he connected, he was off target preventing YAC. Notably is the first pass of the game to Diggs, if that is accurate, that’s a TD. Same with the overthrow of Hines and Diggs later in the game. Just a terrible performance by him. This game should be the dagger in his MVP hopes. Hopefully he’s not hurt otherwise our season is sunk. 

Jaquan Johnson: he was absolutely brutal today. Just like giving up the bomb on 3rd and 15 that would be the go ahead touchdown against Miami, he cost us this game. He had numerous missed tackles, poor instincts, bad angles, weak in coverage. The last drive alone the kept running to the weak side right at him and he couldn’t stop squat. I honestly don’t see how they can start him from now on with dean Marlowe now here. Anytime JJ is on the field, we can’t stop anything. 

Coaches: bad game plan. Seems like we didn’t have any game plan on offense at all. They just want Josh to go out and make a play which is terrible. Frazier couldn’t do anything on defense to stop the run for two weeks in a row. 

D played well enough to win.   17 gotta stop giving the ball away.

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No he wasn't.

You can’t reason with them.  

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

until he starts catching 4-5 normal balls a week, I have concerns.

the deep balls are great but your number 2 guy has to help move the chains at least once in awhile. 

at 210 lbs, 4.55 forty I am concerned about how long he can live on blowing the top off the defense instead of winning contested slants, crossers, etc…

He can’t catch a cold lately.   I hope he gets it together because if not he might need to have a seat.  And where in the world is Knox?

Josh gets a pass from me because I remember how bad our qbs were for 20 years. 

Gabe Davis failed to show up and Tyler Bass with the 55 miss and the KO outta bounds. The latter being inexcusable. OL was crap today too. Why didn’t we use Cook more? He was effective! 

Elam seemed like he had a rough one too. 

Pretty sure we used this as a get healthy week…the irony being Josh getting hurt with little to no time left 🙄 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PolishPrince said:

Gabe Davis. Dude is boom or bust. Dropped third down pass on comebacker early... last ball I get is tough with defender contact, but it hit his numbers

At this point, I'm hoping that the Bills do not shell out big $$ for Davis.  His hands are erratic, and he disappears far too often.

Also, Jaquan Johnson was REALLY bad...again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, hemma said:

Allen wasn’t prepared, which in turn points to Dorsey.

How do you know he wasn't prepared?  How could you know?

You can comment on what happened on the field today, but that may or may not have had anything to do with preparation.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, par73 said:

Allen and the OL. Defense (especially vs the run).

That's Frazier. The Jets are ripping off 8 yards at a time on the run, and have basically one guy that can get open, what is his answer?

A six man box and cover 2. He set up a defense that the Jets adjusted to until they were successful and kept right on with it until he secured the big L.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.