NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, ngbills said:

what was bright? The td run when get pushed back into end zone 10 yards? Or the missed tackles? A few good hits don’t cut it. He and Johnson are way too slow recognizing plays.  

He tackled and hit all game, every safety in the league would be pushed into the endzone by a OL. He stopped a ton of runs and was a solid tackler.

Just now, RichRiderBills said:

I just want to discuss the notion we've never found a short outlet guy to replace Beasley. 

That's been a huge problem...

Coupled with our lousy screen execution/ inability to run this basic NFL play, we've gotten worse on our need to go down field into high risk throws.....

Nate Geary? Is that you?

Don’t really have much confidence in them winning the division let alone the conference.  Zero confidence in this defense and all of a sudden, the same goes for the offense.  Those two division losses could be killers.  I don’t see them being able to keep pace with Miami and who knows, NE might even sneak one out against us.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Josh threw a terrible screen to McKenzie in the second half. We were lucky to get out of that without a huge loss.

I am not a huge footwork guy. But it looks like Josh’s drop back has been a lot wider/longer the last two weeks. Same with his base when he throws. Wasn’t that something he worked on his first two years as a rookie? Looks like it might be back. 

It might be pressure too (real or imagined (not saying he's seeing ghosts)).  Seems like he might be hurrying and getting sloppy.  Doesn't look crisp.

• Like (+1) 1

Land shark is a dumb ********* piece of **** 

eggregious. No call on the last play but a phantom hold on the catch to diggs…  **** bull****

what the jets should post is that they paid off the refs or have a ref who is a homer officiating there game. Hilarious the lack of accountability this league has. 

• Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Ok then stop watching, buh bye. Didn’t realize the season stopped after 8 games, thought they played 17

If we were 0-8 I wouldn’t stop watching. One has nothing to do with the other. Trust me I’m not here because they are good. If I could have stopped I would have a long time ago. Need to get this thing fixed now 

1 minute ago, Old Coot said:

I don't fault the D on this one.  Back 7 are really banged up and playing replacements.  Plus they gave up only 20 points.

This loss is on our offense.  For the second straight game the 2d half offensive performance has not been very good.  Josh seems to be less accurate than usual.  Your thoughts on why.  Is it poor mechanics? Good coverage?

Some of both probably, plus a lot of pressure.  I think he may have got dinged a little bit at the end of the 1st half in the GB game. I think if a QB has a little sprain or strain, sometimes he can throw through it with pristine mechanics but when he's off platform it bites him.  And when a QB is under pressure, he usually doesn't have pristine mechanics.

The coverage was good, but IMO (and caveat, obviously the all-22 isn't out yet and I haven't watched it) I think Josh is passing up some underneath open stuff to take the "kill shots".  I believe that to be the case in the 2nd half vs. Green Bay.

1 minute ago, RichRiderBills said:

I just want to discuss the notion we've never found a short outlet guy to replace Beasley. 

That's been a huge problem...

Coupled with our lousy screen execution/ inability to run this basic NFL play, we've gotten worse on our need to go down field into high risk throws.....

People laughed when I said 80+ catches wouldn’t be easy to replace and we can just plug in Isiah no it is not 

Have we lost 8 straight coin flips or do we not defer if we win the toss?  I thought losing the toss (or not deferring) bit us in the rear today.  Jets score late first half and control opening drive of second half.  Both losses involve missed from Bass (yeah, 55 yards but it would have restored some momentum going into the half.  Both losses have horrible plays from Q-Berry directly contributing to loss.  Ugh.  

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Even then they where tied at 17-17 and all the 2nd highest paid defense had to do was make one stop with 6 minutes to go from the other teams freaking 4 yard line 

No doubt.  Losses are usually the result of multiple failures not just one or two.  Missed field goal, bad run defense, turnovers .............. any unit steps up and makes a game winning play it was there to be had.  Von Miller is still pretty clutch.  

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

You are seriously suggesting sitting him? Man I love this message board after a loss-it is WILDLY entertaining the dumb things people say!!😂😂😂

Benching Allen is not realistic.  Keenum is a "break glass in case of emergency" guy, as in if Josh gets hurt.  This team wins or loses with Allen.  He played bad today, no question, but Allen's bad is still better than anything else we got.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Josh threw a terrible screen to McKenzie in the second half. We were lucky to get out of that without a huge loss.

I am not a huge footwork guy. But it looks like Josh’s drop back has been a lot wider/longer the last two weeks. Same with his base when he throws. Wasn’t that something he worked on his first two years as a rookie? Looks like it might be back. 

Whatever it is , he looks different and he’s making some bad decisions. Hopefully they can make some adjustments.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Flucod said:

He tackled and hit all game, every safety in the league would be pushed into the endzone by a OL. He stopped a ton of runs and was a solid tackler.

Bc he didn’t get to the home quick enough.  I will watch the game back but was not impressed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.