NFL Week #9 - 11/6/2022 - The Bills at the (NJ) Jets - Post Game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, RyanC883 said:

do you see that’s NOT what I’m saying.  it would be 8 quarters at that point.  And I’m not saying bench him, I’m saying take him out for a quarter to reset if the first half bs Minny looks like his last 6 quarters.  Something is mentally off with him.  

You don’t just sit your QB1 when he’s Josh Allen no matter what. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

how is he top 3 QB?.  mvp awards?   SB win?  Heck, SB appearance?   Right now, and that’s what matters, in the last 6 quarters he is bad.  If he has 2 more bad quarters, sit him for one to reset him.  He can be a top 3 QB, but right now he’s not 

🤡

This team has not been very sharp since the bye week.

There were some sloppy play and turnovers even before that, but some solid games too.

I think defenses are figuring out some ways to bottle up the offense that Dorsey likes to run and making the games more difficult.

We have shored up the soft middle of the DL we had last year, but now regularly give up chunks of rushing yards outside the tackles.

Nothing is a given in this league and this team needs to focus on improving their fundamentals and understand they are going to have to go out and win the hard way.

This is where McD has to step up and rally his coaches and the vets on the team lead by example.

Edited by WideNine

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Eh.  It was a catch that a top WR in the NFL makes - a DeAndre Hopkins/OBJ type. 

But I don't think it would be scored as a drop by anyone rational.  The DB was draped all over him, Gabe was hand-fighting him to the OPI point, DB had one of his arms probably before the ball got there and Gabe couldn't haul it in but I wouldn't call it a drop.  The Zebras could have probably flagged DPI there, but then if Gabe had made it they would have had a legit case for OPI as well. 

The Zebras were letting that kind of thing play out all game.

Looked clean live and looked contested but they made it sound like it was a drop. Oh well doesn’t matter 

12 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah you can.  If the rut is that long.  Superster?   What has JA won that makes him a superster?  

100% Josh is absolutely not a superster. I don’t think he even knows what that means. That’s how far away from superster he is.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, muppy said:

imo there were hands on Davis' jersey with body on body contact before the ball arrived but it was deemed a clean play incompleted pass.  I thought a flag could have been thrown but it reads on the board that I am in the minority there 

It was a penalty and should have been called.  The db holds him, doesn’t track the ball, and it impedes the ability to catch the ball. 

I understand the perspective that one call doesn’t win or lose a game, and the Jets were the better team today.   Still, when you’re not playing up to your standards, and things aren’t going right, it absolutely does not hurt when a call is made that should  be made regardless of what point of the game you are in. 

Luck matters in the game as well. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dan said:

...after letting the Jets literally run rigjt over them with a drive starting at the 4yard line.  Yah they stopped them. But ever hear the expression.. too little too late. ??  

Color me officially concerned about our inability to stop the run.   We had chances to win, the offense and Josh struggled.  But in a tie game, mid 4th quarter, the defense collapsed.  

I get that but they didn’t allow a TD. They gave Allen more than enough time to get at least a FG. 

1 minute ago, Flucod said:

He was causing them to run away from him, essentially taking away part of the field, do you get it now?

And they continued to run between the tackles and away from his side after he was out of the game, just like they did when he was in there.  Your logic makes no sense.

This game just exposed us to what we are - a team way over dependent on our QB to play lights out every single week. If Josh has an off day, we have no way to win. He’s getting no help from receivers outside of Diggs. The biggest problem, which stems from last year, is we have no will or ability to run the ball. Dorsey is pass happy, that’s obvious. I like the guy, but the play calling was abysmal given what we saw from Josh early on. You can tell real quick when Josh is on or not, and it was clear from the first drive he wasn’t on. That doesn’t mean running the triple option, it means calling plays with easy throws and catches to get him in rhythm. We refuse to do this. 

His only short option in the passing game is RBs. Idk if it’s because no one else is getting open, but Gabe sucks right now, Shakir is invisible, McKenzie is McKenzie, and where the F is KNOX?? If Josh doesn’t have a perfect game we are toast.

The Jets 100% deserved to win this game. We were outcoached, outplayed, out everything. Our superstar QB sucked but even the last throw of the game he hit Gabe between the 1 and the 3. MAKE A PLAY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

You guys nailed the D. Yeah, we have a lot of injuries and Frazier is too stubborn but we only gave up 20 points. Should be able to win with that.

1 minute ago, par73 said:

Bottom line--- what happened to the team that was the SB favorite, and beat KC and Baltimore on the road?

That's the frustrating part.  It's not like our wins were smoke and mirrors or "lucky" wins.  We had legit beat downs, close hard-fought games, etc...then 2 stinkers in the division.

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The league will allow us to win whatever games they see fit. It's been that way since the dawn of time.

Yeah it’s trash. This was the first instance this season and it’s disgusting. Point blank. Clearly land shart is a jets fan… 

6 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

how is he top 3 QB?.  mvp awards?   SB win?  Heck, SB appearance?   Right now, and that’s what matters, in the last 6 quarters he is bad.  If he has 2 more bad quarters, sit him for one to reset him.  He can be a top 3 QB, but right now he’s not 

You are seriously suggesting sitting him? Man I love this message board after a loss-it is WILDLY entertaining the dumb things people say!!😂😂😂

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

did you miss his last throw of the game? The one that traveled farther than any other NFL throw in 6 years. He'll be fine

That means nothing.  He chucked the ball far.. great.  The best QBs don’t necessarily have the strongest arms.  The truth is that strong armed QBs get  themselves into trouble by forcing it a la Jeff George, Brett Fabre etc.  I saw Favre throw 7 ints in a playoff game once.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.