Isaiah Hodgins claimed off waivers by Giants

Roundybout

seems as the is nfl ecosystem is now set. buffalo stalk panthers at the waterhole. giants grab buffalos when they are not under the herds protection. 

Hakuna Matata.

i think the guy had immense talent and a great redzone threat. glad he's finally making a roster to show it off. sad we couldn't find room on ours. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, benderbender said:

That old chestnut. Everyone is so worked up over nothing. Every year there's a preseason star. Nobody wants our PS players like Blackshear and Hodgins.

Hey, Blackshear has 4 carries for -4 yards in Carolina. So maybe you start using some respect when you talk about Blackshear. OK?

On 11/2/2022 at 1:50 PM, Scott7975 said:

Not really surprising.  Giants just traded one of their better receivers.  Hope the kid gets a good shot there.

Toney was never one of their better receivers. He was one of their most talented receivers.

On 11/2/2022 at 5:57 PM, MasterStrategist said:

Agree.  Something about IHs style of play reminds me of Jordan Mathews.  

Good comparison. Hodgins is actually not that different from their present highest-paid receiver, Kenny Golladay. Both have plus size and good hands but lack a bit in the ability to separate.

The next step for Daniel Jones is that he needs to be able to spot the 1 on 1 matchups and throw 50/50 balls to his big-bodied receivers. The elite QBs are not afraid to throw to receivers that are "covered."

• 1 month later...

Wasn't the issue with Hodgins that he couldn't stay healthy?  He had a good preseason here, and hasn't broken down yet for the Giants, but i'm guessing the big brains at 1BD decided that there was too much risk with him on a team that, at the time, was pretty stacked at WR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, T master said:

And he is doing well with the Giants he's scoring TD's for them i hated to see him go because of all the Bills had invested in him & i thought he would have been a good add to our offense ... But it is what it is .

Hodgins apparently is not a good fit with our offense…he never drops a pass.

• Haha (+1) 4

When a team is lacking talent, it's easy for players like Hodgins to get reps and catches.  Similar to Robert Foster here.  Once they start improving, he goes back to becoming a fringe/PS type player.  Happy he is getting a chance, but I doubt he becomes a regular 500-600 yard player year in and year out.

Edited by Big Turk

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Hodgins apparently is not a good fit with our offense…he never drops a pass.

But he truly didn't have not or wasn't given a real chance as far as week after week to be on the roster & develop a chemistry so how can you say he wasn't a good fit ?? 

43 minutes ago, T master said:

And he is doing well with the Giants he's scoring TD's for them i hated to see him go because of all the Bills had invested in him & i thought he would have been a good add to our offense ... But it is what it is .

All they invested was a 6th round pick. Fringe players like Hodgins come and go every year throughout the league.

38 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

When a team is lacking talent, it's easy for players like Hodgins to get reps and catches.  Similar to Robert Foster here.  Once they start improving, he goes back to becoming a fringe/PS type player.  Happy he is getting a chance, but I doubt he becomes a regular 500-600 yard player year in and year out.

See Duke Williams, our WR1 against the Texans in a WC Game a few years ago.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.