Bills trade for Nyheim Hines

BLeonard

I watched him play through High School in Garner college at NC State.  He clearly is a talented athlete and very quick. 

Perfect fit for this team and I expect that he will gain the confidence of the team and excel rapidly.

I love the trade and fully expect to see him around the Garner area in the office season. 

Go Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Too much to give Singletary 71% of the snaps?   I haven't heard any media saying this, nor on the board, help me out here?

Now mind you, he doesn't get that many targets or touches, not by a long chalk.  Maybe 14 targets or touches a game out of 46-47 snaps a game, rest of the time he's blocking.

I haven't honestly seen or heard lobbyists for less blocking touches for Motor.  Most people seem to think he's "got it going on" these days.

But, if Hines can equal or surpass him blocking - more power to it.

So as discussed in the post you're responding to:

"Bills have been giving their RBs about 17 touches per game.  Motor gets 10 of them, Cook and Moss have been splitting the rest."  By touches here I meant rushing carries.  (They get about 7 passing targets per game, most to Motor)

So right now if we give Motor 10 runs as he's currently getting and you suggest, and split the rest Cook and Hines would each get about 3-4 per game.  If we "up" our run game to 20 carries by RBs and nibble away a few of the 7-8 rushes per game Josh currently takes, I don't think anyone here would think that's a Bad Thing

But I think most of those are scrambles, and Dorsey seemed to be pretty adamant in this week's presser that they want to keep in a few designed QB runs each game to maintain them as a threat the opponent's D must defend.  So reducing them might be easier said than done.

On the other hand - if Josh believes he can check down to a guy who could rip off a 30 yd run at any time like Hines can - maybe he'd be more attuned to that option.

That's a ton of stuff to respond to. Sal and others on WGR have been saying this. Beane and McDermott have also said they didn't want to keep giving Singleterry so much action. I don't know where or when it was but it was.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah...it wasn't Taylor that started that comeback against us, it was Hines...especially turning short passes into big gains.

Believe Doyle the TE was the receiver with all the short passes and big gains. Hines had 1 catch for 8 yds but 6 carries for 75 yds  

Edited by freddyjj

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does anyone here think I could beat him in a 40 yard dash if I got a 10 yard head start?

not anyone.

Even after heavy drinking.
still luv ya though

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

My car is not running well, probably needs gas

perhaps someone could take a look at some point.

Or just avoid the issue entirely. Nice you have options House :)

This is a nice move to add more speed to the offense but what I really like about this move is the special teams component that this brings. One of the few areas of the roster where you could for sure say the Bills were below average in was kick and punt returning. 

Mac is a pedestrian kick returner and Shakir a below average punt returner. Now the Bills add one of the better punt returners in the league and someone who can represent an upgrade on kickoff returns too. That’s a nice little addition to the team well worth what they gave up.

But then you add the offensive ability and it’s a smart addition overall. Not weather shattering but patching up a weak area of the team and adding more to the skill position units.

• Like (+1) 2

I've been watching what I can find on him and I like the move a lot. He does a few things that I think the Bills have struggled with on runs/shorts passes. 

1. He catches the ball, then makes a move. I've felt that too many times this year, I've seen guys worry about making the play after catching the ball and it ending up on the turf. 

2. He's surprisingly north/south(ish). He does run outside, but I've felt like the Bills have tried running outside and run out of space. He tends to make a cut before he gets to the sideline and make a guy miss then he has room to run towards the sideline still if he needs it. 

3. He seems to make the 1st guy miss. I didn't see him getting tackled solo a lot and he doesn't get slowed down trying to get around that guy. I've also felt the Bills have struggled with letting the first guy make the tackle on short passes/screens or spend so much time getting away from that 1st guy that the rest of the defense is there. 

He also has a crazy high catch rate and like I mentioned is good at making sure he catches the ball. He seems to have a good focus on it then transition smoothly to running. The speed helps there and lets him get moving north/south where he's shifty. Coupled with his ability to run to the outside of the tackles (and cut up instead of trying to outrun everyone to the sideline) and the possibility of the Bills running the "McKenzie" play where he lines up as a WR and motions across the line to run the opposite direction (and it's ability to have him motion as a decoy) should be a good fit. 

I'm looking forward to what he can do with this offense and what adding the element of teams needing to worry more about that part of the Bills offense will do for the whole team. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I really like the idea of Cook, Hines and McKenzie on the field at the same time.  That's a lot of speed

Run those three down field on middle vertical routes along with Davis and Diggs on the outside and let see how many 30 yard runs Josh can get if they aren’t open. We can track meet teams way more than Miami can now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.