All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Is that possible?  I thought there was a rule you had to draft a defensive tackle with your first pick.

Which we have done (checks notes) four times in 57 years.

7 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

The WR’s is the 2020 class might go down as the best ever.  Gabe fell in our laps because of how many other talented receivers were drafted before him.  

We traded our first-rounder in that draft for Stefon Diggs.  What's your point?

5 minutes ago, BRH said:

We traded our first-rounder in that draft for Stefon Diggs.  What's your point?

I have no point other that what’s verbatim in my post.  There’s not too many drafts where WR’s the caliber of Davis are available in the 4th.  The 2020 WR class was deep!

Edited by TheWeatherMan

14 minutes ago, Simon said:

The only way he's going to draw any coverage away from Diggs or anybody else is if he first gives teams a compelling reason to do so.

That may be so, but Diggs hasn't really shown that he needs someone to draw coverage away from him.  He draws coverage away from others and still makes plays.  I'm not looking at OBJ as a decoy.  I'm looking at him as a better option than what we have out there to take advantage of the opportunities that Diggs creates.

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Considering some of links in it and grammar I would not take it seriously.  Looks like one of the manuals I get which were written overseas.

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Considering some of links in it and grammar I would not take it seriously.  Looks like one of the manuals I get which were written overseas.

Those articles are the worst! Scroll forever, click through 5 different ads, click off the video ad that auto loads, click back after you realize you just missed the X and instead clicked the video itself and were redirected to some product website, scroll some more looking for the point, and finally finding something you either knew a week ago or is nonsense.

Half of the recipes online are the same format. Just the worst! 

Edited by TheFunPolice

20 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Half of the recipes online are the same format.

For some reason the newly popular "Jump to recipe" button strikes me as having some sort of cultural significance that I cant quite put a finger on. :blink:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/12/2022 at 4:32 AM, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Im actually sick of hearing about OBJ.  I don't think the Bills need him.  And, as mentioned earlier, he had an ACL injury in Feb.  If the Bills go after anyone, I hope it's a O lineman.

We are in the middle of the season, what o linemen do you suggest? OBJ is available and can help take our offense to another level (especially if the run game stays improved like the last couple weeks). 

Also, as mentioned, Robert Woods tore his ACL mid November last year and was back for the start of the season. A big factor being that DB’s put more strain on their ACL’s and play more reps than a number 3 wr. 

Probably best to stay out of an OBJ thread if your sick of hearing about him. Because your presence and comment show that you want to hear/talk about him 🤦‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The window dressing theory has crossed my mind too.  Similar to this writer’s theory with the Giants, Beane may have just hosted OBJ as a courtesy to the likes of Von, without a super strong intent to sign unless being blown away.

5 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I find this part of the article interesting and confusing.

After having visited the Bills earlier this week, the third among his teams of choice for a visit, Beckham announced he’s headed home to Arizona to consult with family and make a decision on where he plans to take his talents next.

So are they saying he visited the Bills again after the Cowboys? And are they implying that they know Buffalo is third on his list of choices?

19 hours ago, Limeaid said:

It looks like one of those “Top 50 of your favorite celebrities that got fat. Try not to cry when you see number 31” links.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I find this part of the article interesting and confusing.

So are they saying he visited the Bills again after the Cowboys? And are they implying that they know Buffalo is third on his list of choices?

I don’t think so…I think they meant buffalo was the final of his three scheduled visits and they worded it weird  

NFL Insider Ian Rapoport summarizes what he knows to date:

https://www.nfl.com/news/no-deal-imminent-for-odell-beckham-jr-following-free-agency-visits

In short, here is where it all stands:

No timeline for a decision from Beckham.

No firm answer on what a contract would look like, with monetary details not discussed in detail with any party.

All teams felt confident in Beckham's rehab from a torn ACL, with the surgery having gone well and the timeline being what was expected. But 10 months out from his second ACL tear, Beckham is just not ready to play.

Beckham did not work out or run routes for teams, despite clubs clamoring for more information. While he has done some route running, he hasn't put pads on and hasn't run his full route tree. That left teams with more unknowns than knowns.

If Rapoport is correct (and he has good connections to teams and players) Beckham was not offered anything close to a firm contract from any team. 

Beckham is not ready to play football at this time

Beckham was a guest on LeBron James' Thursday Night Football alternate feed of The Shop this week, and he addressed his free agency with a bluntness no one was anticipating. He described wanting the stable environment of a football team, that regular schedule as he works to get back.

"I've played football for a long time," Beckham said. "I'm not saying I couldn't step in and play (in the) regular season, but I don't see the point. I really don't. I'd rather play when that pressure's on."

At this point, it's looking less likely that he'll have the opportunity.

A source close to Beckham said the receiver came away impressed with all the franchises but left with a lot to digest. Beckham originally came into the process wanting a big-money, multi-year deal in a place where he could finish his career. But while he considers his options now, he's weighing various scenarios.

Is a multi-year deal the best route? With the salary cap expected to increase, perhaps a one-year contract is better? Or maybe the best option is to wait until free agency in March -- or really, whenever he wants to sign since he will be 100% healthy by then. He'd once again be one of the top free agents.

There are questions abound for teams, as well. Without watching him run routes and do a full workout, they might not know enough to make a full decision. And the best way to get ready to help in the playoffs is to play during the regular season, but it doesn't seem like that is in the cards for Beckham. Thus, the wait.

There are scenarios in which Beckham signs with a team. One would be if he signs somewhere for little money in 2022 (considering he won't play much or at all this season) but big money the following season. Another would be a low-money, one-year deal. But do those make sense for all parties?

Reading between the lines, it doesn't sound as though any of the three teams were prepared at this time to offer a "big money multi-year deal" to a 32 yr old coming off his 2nd ACL surgery, who is not yet running a full route tree in football gear, and who claims he is ready to contribute to the playoffs but "doesn't see the point" of playing in the regular season.

From what Rapoport wrote, teams were prepared to offer a low-money 2022 deal with a big-money (maybe incentivized) contract the following season or a low-money 1 yr deal.  But that might not make sense for Beckham.  He could play well and contribute, then be well aligned for a multi-year FA deal.  Or he could get injured again and have nothing.

I say take down the tent on this circus. 

Frankly, the only way to get into the playoffs is to grind for 17 games.  And as McDermott would say "nothing is given, everything is earned."  We see year after year teams who were expected to contend, like the Rams and Denver, fizzle while teams from whom little was expected, like the Seahawks, Eagles, and Vikings, rise.  The whole idea of a guy who explicitly states that "he doesn't see the point" of him grinding away to earn a playoff berth, he wants to walk in with fresh legs and grab at the ring, just strikes me as troublesome to team cohesion.

23 hours ago, HOUSE said:

We're not the contender discussed in that article.

He's talking about the Eagles

The Philadelphia Eagles are one of the top Super Bowl contendants for this year. They have a very solid team, so that's why they have closed their doors to the possibility of signing Odell Beckham Jr. this season.

Head Coach Nick Sirianni adressed the situation after reportes asked him about the possibility of signing the wide receiver. Unfortunately for OBJ, there's no chance for him to play for Philadelphia soon.

Given that the Eagles have AJ Brown and Devonte Smith, and are #26 in the league for passing attempts, why would they want him?

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Tanoros said:

We are in the middle of the season, what o linemen do you suggest? OBJ is available and can help take our offense to another level (especially if the run game stays improved like the last couple weeks). 

Also, as mentioned, Robert Woods tore his ACL mid November last year and was back for the start of the season. A big factor being that DB’s put more strain on their ACL’s and play more reps than a number 3 wr. 

Probably best to stay out of an OBJ thread if your sick of hearing about him. Because your presence and comment show that you want to hear/talk about him 🤦‍♂️

Lol at you responding to a post I made on Oct 12, page one of this thread.  What is your intention here? Looking for an argument?  Run along child. 

27 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Lol at you responding to a post I made on Oct 12, page one of this thread.  What is your intention here? Looking for an argument?  Run along child. 

I didn’t see the date of the post. However, it still doesn’t change what I say as being true. It’s hard not to respond to all whiney posters around here. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.