All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Do we really want OBJ on the Bills?

For the record, I've never been a big proponent of signing him.  I'll get behind it if the FO does get his signature on a contract -- I'm a fan after all -- but this feels like a distraction that we don't need for a player that I'm not sure is worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

For the record, I've never been a big proponent of signing him.  I'll get behind it if the FO does get his signature on a contract -- I'm a fan after all -- but this feels like a distraction that we don't need for a player that I'm not sure is worth it.

At this point I would just go with what we have. Let Beane improve the WR position in the draft. We have more pressing needs, but a good WR can be found in the middle rounds.

Beckham was asked on The Shop during Thursday night’s game if he’s made a decision about where to play next and about whether he’s ready to get on the field.

"I haven’t made the decision,” Beckham said. “I would like to be in a stable environment. Get up 6 a.m., leave at 6 p.m. for four weeks and then let’s talk about it. I’ve played football for a long time. I’m not saying I couldn’t step in and play regular season, but I don’t see the point. I really don’t. I’d rather play when that pressure’s on.”

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m indifferent but the players seem to want him. By that I mean Allen and diggs. So I guess.

It’s like Kyrie in basketball (though OBJ isn’t as annoying as that moron, which is kinda of amazing). He is a little older so they grew up watching him when he was really good. So he is kinda of hero. But he isn’t close to the same player and he’s annoying and makes it about him. 

Beane should just lie and say he wanted more money than we could give. Hope the young guys step up or sign Lee Evans haha.

• Haha (+1) 1

My theory: Bills aren't interested, they are kicking the tires to appease some of the stars on the team because they want to show they care about their input. No way anyone is paying this guy anywhere near the amount of money he wants. And now he's making demands about not playing until the playoffs. Gtfoh

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

i guess he feels like he doesn’t have anything to prove to anyone, including his new teammates + coaches, and also doesn’t feel like he needs to contribute to his new team making it into the playoffs in the 1st place. Guess he also doesn’t feel like he needs to get into game shape before the playoffs start.

I don’t really like this attitude (and I’ve been for bringing him in), but I guess if the Bills players are ok with it then it’s whatever. As long as it doesn’t mess up the team chemistry I’m ok with him being a hired gun for the playoffs.

It would’ve been much better if he had just said something like he’s still working back from injury and might not be ready till the playoffs, though.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Based on this, I don't want the guy here.

Practice during the regular season - especially in Allen's situation where he's said he has to be careful how many reps he gives his elbow during the week - is a "zero sum game".  Only so many reps to go around.

If you're not playing but you're at practice and taking "good on good" reps, you're taking the reps that could be difference makers for completion or not from a receiver who is playing and trying to help us win so we can GET to the playoffs.

If you're not playing and you're not taking reps, how are you getting yourself into "game shape" and building timing and getting on the same mental page with your QB, especially a QB like Allen where thinking the same way on a scramble drill or secondary route concept is important?  How are you getting the timing down to block on screens or downfield?

If Beckham wants to be given a locker and a hat and paid to take reps from guys who are busting their asses to get us to the playoffs, so he can walk in and "save the day" in the playoffs and get lots of kudos, ***** him and the hoss he rode in on.

I don't think that's helpful to the locker room chemistry.

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Beane should just lie and say he wanted more money than we could give. Hope the young guys step up or sign Lee Evans haha.

Beane doesn't even have to do that.  He's got a well-established pattern of keeping contract negotiations "in house". 

All he has to do is say "it didn't work out" or "we came to a point where we realized we wouldn't be able to reach an agreement"

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He would have been much better not saying this

I was really hoping this was taken out of context.  After reading the entire thing, it's clear that it wasn't.  Not a great look.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

What kind of player thinks he can join a new team, not be in a game shape, have zero chemistry with a new QB, and have not learned/practiced the offense at all and think he can make a difference in the playoffs?

He's trying to mask the fact he's not physically capable of playing right now, which means he's not really ready until next season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That’s kinda the point with him. It’s always something. It’s the boat thing. It’s the getting beat up by the punting net. It’s taking cheap shots at players (remember him punching Gilmore when he was on the bills). That hotel room thing. Girls 💩 on him. His dad calling out baker. The plane thing. This comment. 

dude is drama. And it’s one thing when you’re one of the best wrs in the game. It’s another when you’re like a 3rd receiver coming off a major injury.

sorry for the rant but I despise players like him. He won’t even deserve a ring at this point. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

My theory: Bills aren't interested, they are kicking the tires to appease some of the stars on the team because they want to show they care about their input. No way anyone is paying this guy anywhere near the amount of money he wants. And now he's making demands about not playing until the playoffs. Gtfoh

Beane has said it countless times that if he thinks he can improve the football team, he'll do it. This may be tire kicking in the sense of ... Does his medical check out with what OBJ is saying, when is he realistically going to be available and how much money is he asking for. And it's pretty much true, we need him in the clutch games in the playoffs but I'd definitely want to see him play before the playoffs started if he did choose to come here.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Literally every day makes me dislike him more. And honestly, it’s not all his fault because the media and thirsty fans are building this guy up as well. He was a declining player who is coming off his second major knee injury at 30 and still thinks he’s one of the best players in the league. It’s embarrassing how big of groupies some fans and players are for him. 

I hope Dallas signs him and he drops a huge pass costing them a playoff win. Him and Beasley are the worst. 

Can’t believe wanted him in the first place. Also, did we really think his ego really was going to let him Come to Buffalo during the winter? He’s the girl who used to be super hot but got old and doesn’t realize she isn’t hot anymore.

Some people and their Hate-r-aid. 

We get it, you hate Beas. Dude is living rent free in your dome. Please move on. Or let him move out. 

52 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s like Kyrie in basketball (though OBJ isn’t as annoying as that moron, which is kinda of amazing). He is a little older so they grew up watching him when he was really good. So he is kinda of hero. But he isn’t close to the same player and he’s annoying and makes it about him. 

Now Kyrie hate 🤣

Me thinks I’m detecting a trend 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.