All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

15 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

The longer this "decision" takes, the more I wonder did OBJ even get any offers to consider?

It's a good question.  Allen and Miller both talk as though the "choice is his".

But of course, the "Devil is in the Details" and it *is* Beane's MO to extend an offer and say "here's our offer, if you want to play here and you get a better offer loop back with me"

On the other hand....Von Miller has backed off a long way from "I guarentee he will sign here" or whatever he was saying earlier in the season.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I think he's got a good chance in this sport.  Football?  Not so much.

image.png.502709c7ad4b32226ce54110b06b7faf.png

I heard a good discussion recently about how much the QB position in the NFL has changed.  (Can't remember where)

Anyway, the discussion was about how Rosen was the classic pocket passer and a couple decades ago could likely have had a reasonable career, but the game has changed so much that a QB really needs to have mobility, at least enough to escape the pocket and extend plays; be able to throw accurately off-platform etc.

I kind of feel that where Rosen failed was from the neck up, but it was interesting.

Edited by Beck Water

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's a good question.  Allen and Miller both talk as though the "choice is his".

But of course, the "Devil is in the Details" and it *is* Beane's MO to extend an offer and say "here's our offer, if you want to play here and you get a better offer loop back with me"

On the other hand....Von Miller has backed off a long way from "I guarentee he will sign here" or whatever he was saying earlier in the season.

To me it sounds more like a 2023 signing. Might be the same 3 teams at the top of the list after the season.

Wouldn't it be funny if "the decision" was no decision at all because none of these 3 teams were interested after the visit? TO said he wants to play for the 49ers but doesn't mean the 49ers are interested and TO is probably in better shape than OBJ 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Interesting that Gabe was part of the recruiting dinner. 

Makes me believe he’s in the long term plans of this team. 

Gabe is known to be a big OBJ fan.  I think he would be there no matter what as he has stylized his game after him and idolizes him.  

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m still holding out hope that gabe has just been snakebit/unlucky so far and it’ll turn around.  The opportunities have been there he just isn’t makin the plays often enough 

Gabe is a good receiver to keep.  He just isnt a #1 like Diggs that you pay 20m a year for.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

If we must talk OBJ:

Clarence Hill from the Dallas Beat said that OBJ is 5 weeks away from playing!  That puts his earliest return date in Week 18.  More likely the wildcard round.  

Listening to this podcast makes me think there’s a definite chance he doesn’t sign until the Spring

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

No, it's meaningless.  Gabe being invited is what the team should do, and Gabe accepting is what Gabe should do.  Having a connection with OBJ is what he should do regardless of what happens in the future.  There is a business aspect to this and most realize it.

But I don't think Gabes being there gives any indication of what they will do in the off-season.  If they were able to get OBJ (for the remainder + 2023)and he did well for the 2-3 games he was active this season,  the possibility of seeing if someone gave a 2nd for Gabe would be very enticing.  Then for 2023 you would have Diggs, OBJ, and 1st round apprentice as the outside WR core.  Nice.

I like Gabe.  But Beane does have to consider moves each year.  And for Gabe if he did get traded, that generally means he's getting paid- and that softens the blow considerably.

With what OBJ said tonight on the shop I think he is going back to the Giants well that was fun while it lasted would have been a nice addition but we have an amazing team and can't wait to see what Josh Alien and the rest of this team can do for the rest of the year and hopefully it ends in a super bowl victory

3 minutes ago, cablesabres68 said:

With what OBJ said tonight on the shop I think he is going back to the Giants well that was fun while it lasted would have been a nice addition but we have an amazing team and can't wait to see what Josh Alien and the rest of this team can do for the rest of the year and hopefully it ends in a super bowl victory

What was said? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.