All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

On 10/12/2022 at 5:42 AM, cage said:

I've been wondering how its possible that he's even ready?  Look at all our discussion on Tre White.  He was hurt on Thanksgiving day game in NOLA (late November).  OBJ tore ACL in Super Bowl (early February).  We're still wondering when White will finally see the field.  The Bills had to put him on PUP.  Though he's 2+ months ahead of the journey that OBJ is going down.  I think he just wants some to start paying him.  I would have to seriously wonder whether he would be ready to play before the playoffs at earliest.  

And Tre got to the field a year...ONE YEAR after injury. At this writing OBJ is 9.5 mos. post injury. Maybe the Bills know better.

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s Buffalo. Don’t you understand all we do is shovel snow and welcome players at the airport? 

And stop to help random people out of ditches they slid into...

Edited by Big Turk

28 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Which is why I defended the strategy. They were all in on Davis, and weren’t drafting his replacement in the 1st round last year.

But, he was wrong about Davis being that guy. When you’re wrong you get criticized. Beane deserves criticism for how he’s handled WR. 

He’ll get criticism from some.  Some realize that you can’t fix everything and he chose to go all in on the DL and add a corner with some upside as opposed to udfa’s and 7th rd picks.  If Beane had invested in WR and we lost after giving up another 40 burger to Mahomes, he’d get criticized by some and not by others.  

there are more than one ways to skin a sheep. The chiefs traded their game breaking all pro WR away and replaced him with a few slightly above average WRs-  they invested in their D, drafting McDuffie, Karlaftis, cook, chenal and Williams with 5 of their first 6 picks.   But no one is talking about that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Davis just has to work on his drops.

Tee Higgins one of the best WR2 in the league has 57/80 826 yards 14.5 YPC 4 TDs

Gabe Davis who you guys are dumping on has 33/60 650 yards 19.7 YPC 5 TDs

If Davis converts some of those drops into catches, he would be doing more with less targets than Tee Higgins. I get would of/could of/should of, but it is hopefully something he can work on.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm 56 years old and I'm just here to say, after what I've been through with this team and particularly the last 25 years anybody criticizing McBeane to the point of firing them can just ***** off. How quickly you forget how mismanaged this team has been for twenty + years. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

If WR is the reason we fail to reach our goal then Beane will take heat. It was the main topic of the offseason. 

I think the fact Gabe Davis has not taken the step forward that we all thought he would is the biggest problem.

I think with Gabe it’s a question of when. I have a feeling the Bills will look like the best team in the league tomorrow night. 

19 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Davis just has to work on his drops.

Tee Higgins one of the best WR2 in the league has 57/80 826 yards 14.5 YPC 4 TDs

Gabe Davis who you guys are dumping on has 33/60 650 yards 19.7 YPC 5 TDs

If Davis converts some of those drops into catches, he would be doing more with less targets than Tee Higgins. I get would have/could have/should have, but it is hopefully something he can work on.

Very different types of WRs. Davis is mostly a product of scramble drill catches and schemed deep balls. 

1 hour ago, boyst said:

What's scary are the murmurs behind the scenes about the person Von is off camera and in the private life. Rumblings that he is a pretty absent and AWOL father, that he is a production and self manufactured ego machine. Etc 

Why is this scary. 

As long as he’s not beating women or shooting people, it means nothing to me if he’s a douche. These people aren’t our friends.

• Agree 3

24 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Why is this scary. 

As long as he’s not beating women or shooting people, it means nothing to me if he’s a douche. These people aren’t our friends.

fans judging players and pretending to be on moral high ground is always amusing. The same fans are getting drunk out of their mind and cursing the player if he makes a mistake during the game

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, boyst said:

What's scary are the murmurs behind the scenes about the person Von is off camera and in the private life. Rumblings that he is a pretty absent and AWOL father, that he is a production and self manufactured ego machine. Etc 

I got great respect for boyst and every one who posts on tbd.  

It’s an honor and a privilege for receive this info.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Which is why I defended the strategy. They were all in on Davis, and weren’t drafting his replacement in the 1st round last year.

But, he was wrong about Davis being that guy. When you’re wrong you get criticized. Beane deserves criticism for how he’s handled WR. 

How much criticism should he actually take whenever we have a top offense in the league and it doesn’t come from a running game

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

How much criticism should he actually take whenever we have a top offense in the league and it doesn’t come from a running game

It’s going to depend how the season goes. Right now the passing offense is trending down. It hasn’t been weather related either.

1st 6 games 330 ypg 13 TDs and 4 INTs. The last 5 240 ypg 6 TDs and 7 ints. 

Josh is a rare QB that can still put up points with those horrendous passing numbers. The Bills average 27 ppg over this 5 game stretch. Allen is amazing. But focusing on the passing game, it’s been a struggle.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Where is the guy who started a thread that got locked claiming he was told OBJ is signing here? “You heard it here first”

We’d like to hear more about that 

No, he said: OJB .... a totally different player.

6 hours ago, Momma Pecoraro said:

I got great respect for boyst and every one who posts on tbd.  

It’s an honor and a privilege for receive this info.

I am no one to respect anything more than anyone  I'm just a schlub.

A lot of it is wide out in the open. TMZ sports covers a lot of amazing backstory, other things are posted on social media but often get buried because we only like the sportsball man to be good at sportsball and ignore he can't spell "cat" or is a jerk to a waitress. Instead we chose to focus on the good they do. Maybe that's for the better, but a lot of these guys are pretty wacky in the real world. Most of them are just ordinary men, though. 

7 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Why is this scary. 

It's scary because he is idolized as an amazing individual when he is just an extraordinary athlete. 

7 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

fans judging players and pretending to be on moral high ground is always amusing. The same fans are getting drunk out of their mind and cursing the player if he makes a mistake during the game

Not at all the case many of the times. People realize that these men are over celebrated for playing a sport. I'm far from a saint. Yesterday I went to the candy bowl and cherry picked the good stuff then Last night I ran a stop sign.

When people talk about Beckham being ok because Miller vouched for him I begin to wonder who cares when a guy who plays sportsball well says another man is a good person. Especially when the initial person is suspect.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds just like Tom Brady. 

Exactly. And it's not even having these guys under a microscope. 

Most of us are only human and have our moments. These guys being put on a pedestal as if immortal and infallible is unfortunate. There are better more impressive in the world than many of these folks. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.