Christian McCaffrey rumors

Steel City Mafia

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

Tre White for CMC is probably the most equitable trade.

All-pro for All-pro. Injury for Injury prone.

We have to see this trade from both sides.

Except this trade isn't made from a position of equal footing. One is having a fire sale. One is not. Sellers do not get equal value in these situations.

8 minutes ago, BrooklynBills said:

Turn $11 million of his $12 million salary into a bonus leaving him with a 1 mil base salary and the bonus prorates over the final 3 seasons at roughly 3.6ish million per season. So that year 1 cap hit is about 4.8. Raises his final 2 years but the Bills have alot cap flexibility (relatively) starting in 2024. Cap will also start to rise in 2025.

If I have time, I'll do a future cap post because there's a lot of doom and gloom going on about the cap and it's just not accurate. Some guys will have to be sacrificed but such is life in the NFL.

But the $12M salary is irrelevant. His potential salary is $0 with no guaranteed money remaining. There is no reason to base anything off $12M. It's easier to simply start from scratch.

Pretend his contract is up after this year. That is the reality that everyone is facing.

Just start fresh and offer him 3/$15M with $10M guaranteed.

Sure we both end up in about the same place, but the way we get there is different. Forget what the current contract says and reset by his actual value.

18 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I would trade Oliver, Edmunds, Rousseau, or Elam for CMC right now. player for player.

5 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

it's a good thing they are not, YOU,

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Again... the Rams traded a 2nd and 3rd for Von Miller.  And they had every intention of re-signing him. 

Anything equal, or more, for CMC would be insane. 

I think part of that was letting Von chase a ring.

I'm hoping we get a fire-sale Deandre Hopkins type trade, but I wouldn't be surprised if Beane saw this as another Diggs deal.

7 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

You’re ***** with us, right?

That trade should bring the immediate termination of Brandon Beane.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

I think part of that was letting Von chase a ring.

I'm hoping we get a fire-sale Deandre Hopkins type trade, but I wouldn't be surprised if Beane saw this as another Diggs deal.

In no way would this be a diggs type deal Stefon Diggs was a young in his prime hardly ever saw the injury list wide receiver

I only know one thing for sure:

If the Bills trade for him, all the people saying "he's too expensive! He's too injury prone!" are gonna quickly pivot to talking about what a game changer he is, and if the Bills DON'T trade for him, all the people advocating for doing so are gonna quickly pivot to "we didn't need an injury prone RB anyway!"

Moving Season 5 GIF by Friends

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Logic said:

I only know one thing for sure:

If the Bills trade for him, all the people saying "he's too expensive! He's too injury prone!" are gonna quickly pivot to talking about what a game changer he is, and if the Bills DON'T trade for him, all the people advocating for doing so are gonna quickly pivot to "we didn't need an injury prone RB anyway!"

Moving Season 5 GIF by Friends

Probably true. Generally speaking. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.