Stefon Diggs another Bills record today

Scott7975

Agree......Allen is head and shoulders above Kelly.  Those of you who don't see that don't want to see it.  Even Kelly said he will break all my records.  Diggs is crazy good as is Davis.  This team is very special 5 weeks in.  Stay healthy and they could be Champs.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 11
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

Agree......Allen is head and shoulders above Kelly.  Those of you who don't see that don't want to see it.  Even Kelly said he will break all my records.  Diggs is crazy good as is Davis.  This team is very special 5 weeks in.  Stay healthy and they could be Champs.

I loved Kelly. But Kelly was never considered the best qb in the NFL even in his day. It was always Marino and Montana. Josh is something I've never seen before he wows me a couple times every game. The one thing I think they both have in common though is the ability to throw picks and come back like it never happened. They both have that refuse to lose attitude and never think they are out of it

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4

Just now, Whkfc said:

I loved Kelly. But Kelly was never considered the best qb in the NFL even in his day. It was always Marino and Montana. Josh is something I've never seen before he wows me a couple times every game. The one thing I think they both have in common though is the ability to throw picks and come back like it never happened. They both have that refuse to lose attitude and never think they are out of it

Yeah agree w you on Kelly.  He was and still is one tough SOB.  Allen just freaks me with some of his playmaking ability.  That one scramble where the LB was zeroing in on him and whoosh....there goes Josh for a 1st down and more!

GREAT days to be a Bills fan and after the 2000's and 2010's we deserve it!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Kelly was a great human QB. Josh is a cyborg.

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Agree...it's not close. Allen may be the most physically gifted QB ever to play in the NFL. Kelly was never that. He was a great QB for his toughness and his mentality of never being out of a game, but I dont think he was in the same class as Marino or Elway was in terms of pure talent. He was masterful at running the no huddle as a base offense tho.

As Von Miller and his Dad both say about Allen..."He's a creature!"

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

I don't know how old you are, how much you saw of earlier Bills' squads (the 70s were brutal, as was a lot of the 80s), but this team is competitive, and I lived through their late 80s / total 90s performances.  This is not the 90-91 squad as of yet, but the last two weeks have been really good.

Really? I don't think you can compare them like that. Kelly threw for 4 TD's in a single half too, you know, and he played in an era where defenders could actually hit the QB.

And he got the team to 4 superbowls...

Allen is special. Kelly was special. I think Allen will supplant Kelly as the best QB in franchise history, but he has a ways to go still.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I would love to see Josh behind an offensive line like Jim had. Much less with a running back like Thurman. 

So would I,  but tough to do in todays league. That line was built pre free agency / cap and was picked apart shortly after. Wolford and Ballard were gone by year 2 of FA. Good thing is , Josh covers up a lot of issues. 

Agree......Allen is head and shoulders above Kelly.  Those of you who don't see that don't want to see it.  Even Kelly said he will break all my records.  Diggs is crazy good as is Davis.  This team is very special 5 weeks in. GET healthy and they could be Champs.

Changed a word in there. We dominated them with a ***** ton of injuries, including our all-pro safeties. 

These guys are good. Scary good. 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

This team is just amazing.  For those that werent around during the Kelly years... this is what its like to watch a special team.

What we're seeing Josh do weekly, Jim could only dream of doing. And I think he'd be the first to admit that.  Josh is an alien and cyborg. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.