Steelers @ Bills Postgame Thread

Simon

The Gabe Davis TD (the second one where he took Fitzpatrick’s manhood) is instant top 10 catch in Bills history for me. 

He had no right to end up with that ball, and while “tie goes to the runner” he wasn’t risking that and just fully and completely dominated that situation. Watching the replay, it’s unreal that he ended up with that ball. 100% effort and a play 99% of players can’t make. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

The Gabe Davis TD (the second one where he took Fitzpatrick’s manhood) is instant top 10 catch in Bills history for me. 

He had no right to end up with that ball, and while “tie goes to the runner” he wasn’t risking that and just fully and completely dominated that situation. Watching the replay, it’s unreal that he ended up with that ball. 100% effort and a play 99% of players can’t make. 

It's also been his Achilles heel (besides his actual heel), fighting for the ball at the catch point - was a huge play for him and for the team.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, TheCockSportif said:

Interesting!  Why?

I think Heineke and Tyrod are both tweeners between being a low end starter and good back up. Heineke had a great season stepping in off the bench last year. Both are also pretty mobile and keeps a little bit of that wrinkle in the offense. I would feel OK with both those guys coming in for a 5 game stretch and being able to hand the reigns back over to Josh at 3-2. 

Honestly, I forgot Keenum existed when I was thinking about QB2 in Buffalo which isn't a great endorsement. He would have likely been 6-7 had I put together a QB2 wish list. That is still pretty good in terms of backup QB's, but not what I was hoping for. 

12 hours ago, TBBills said:

That was the replay... Josh said he was knocked down and didn't know what happened till he heard the crowd roar and he stood back up.

I did see a replay from the end zone Gabe scored in that showed him still running (tough to tell from that angle how far out, maybe 20-30 yard line) and you can see Spencer Brown flexing towards the crowd (or the Steelers D) in the other end zone

6 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

There was a lot of discussion on the Hamlin hit in here. Because the Bills didn't have much NFL film on Kenny Pickett, they probably had to rely on college film. Pickett has this crap on his college film and it's going to get him killed in the NFL.

That exact play is the reason they changed the rules THAT WEEK and arent allowed to do that anymore. But great call digging this up.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

2 hours ago, Mango said:

I think Heineke and Tyrod are both tweeners between being a low end starter and good back up. Heineke had a great season stepping in off the bench last year. Both are also pretty mobile and keeps a little bit of that wrinkle in the offense. I would feel OK with both those guys coming in for a 5 game stretch and being able to hand the reigns back over to Josh at 3-2. 

Honestly, I forgot Keenum existed when I was thinking about QB2 in Buffalo which isn't a great endorsement. He would have likely been 6-7 had I put together a QB2 wish list. That is still pretty good in terms of backup QB's, but not what I was hoping for. 

I think that you are right, but should you have been a part of the Reich years, I think that the drop off between JA17 and other options is significant.  Tyrod, to his credit, was not EJM or any of those guys.  But he wasn't good enough.  Heineke?  Well... same.

If JA17 goes down, and I hope that he doesn't (because this is turning out to be a special year potentially), this team is cooked.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.