Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

These rumors are crap.  We would never in a million years trade a 1st for a RB who has an expensive contract.  I’m more apt to believe the comments from Von on OBJ.  He won’t be able to help us though until probably mid e December.  He’s more of a move to go deep in the playoffs.

OBJ is the icing on the cake move, the guy acquired at the trade deadline to put you over the top and win a championship NOW.

I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if we get him.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I get the running back part, but in some cases like CMC if Carolina is eating a lot of the money it’s not the worst idea. I highly doubt he’s worth a 1st rounder right now though. 
I don’t see how they maneuver the cap mid season to fit any contract of significance in though. I know they can free some space up, but I don’t think that’s something they’re gonna unless it’s an emergency. 

It would have to be Carolina. They’re gonna fire Rhule and start from scratch. Getting a 1st would help them. Beane would definitely finagle a 5th or 6th in return. That being said I don’t want to make that deal. 

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

OBJ is the icing on the cake move, the guy acquired at the trade deadline to put you over the top and win a championship NOW.

I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if we get him.

I think he wants back to New York or Los Angeles.  Don't think he is a Cleveland/Buffalo type of guy. Not enough TV cameras.  That guy is already looking at his career after the NFL.  

15 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

I think he wants back to New York or Los Angeles.  Don't think he is a Cleveland/Buffalo type of guy. Not enough TV cameras.  That guy is already looking at his career after the NFL.  

It’s only a few months.  Joining the Bills will bring more cameras than any other team.  Cameras follow 17 nowadays if you haven’t noticed.  We’re the talk of the league

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

... and/or a speedy WR

We have Lil' Dirty, Shakir and Diggs. Plus Davis when healthy. Don't think WR speed is an issue. Give me a guard that can pass block for 2.5 seconds or help run block and not get pushed into the backfield when we need a yard and I'd be much happier. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s only a few months.  Joining the Bills will bring more cameras than any other team.  Cameras follow 17 nowadays if you haven’t noticed.  We’re the talk of the league

He isn't signing a few months deal coming off an ACL injury.  He is going to want a multi-year deal with guaranteed money, and someone like the Giants or Rams is going to give it to him.  He waits until after November and he has all the leverage.  He becomes the only guy out there available to take a playoff team to a Super Bowl team.  My guess is the Rams will give him the contract he wants.  If healthy, he turns their offense into a nightmare for everyone.  

• Disagree 1

10 hours ago, mrags said:

Good players make things happen. Our RBs aren’t good. End of story 

You are funny. You want to only blame the running backs as part of your narrative and still have not addressed why our line is rated the absolute WORST run blocking line in the entire NFL. 

1 hour ago, Bills2022 said:

He isn't signing a few months deal coming off an ACL injury.  He is going to want a multi-year deal with guaranteed money, and someone like the Giants or Rams is going to give it to him.  He waits until after November and he has all the leverage.  He becomes the only guy out there available to take a playoff team to a Super Bowl team.  My guess is the Rams will give him the contract he wants.  If healthy, he turns their offense into a nightmare for everyone.  

Wanna bet?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, mrags said:

You could franchise tag him fairly cheap 

But if you could franchise him fairly cheap, the Giants can do that & have zero incentive to trade him.  He's not going anywhere.  With the season he's having he's going to be a Giant this season, next season & the season after that.  

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If we make a trade...a guy I would like to see us target is Chase Claypool.  His skillset paired with Allen could be scary.  Running 3 wide with Diggs, Davis, and Claypool?  With Allens arm?  Geezus watch out NFL. 

Claypool’s biggest skill is being a giant douche bag which isn’t a fit for the Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.