Two ends of the spectrum. Bills have the NFL's worst run blocking but the best pass rushing

Big Turk

Also appears the Run D is solid as well.  Pass pro appears slightly below average.  Not a huge surprise really on any of this. Wonder how much the Dolphins game had an effect on their pass pro numbers with them being down so many linemen especially in the 2nd half when Allen was throwing all the time and it being a small sample size of only 4 games, with an outsized number of attempts in that one game.

Don't think anyone would argue with the run blocking...they are dreadful in pretty much all aspects other than some of the edge runs.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

I think this is more proof once again of how unbelievable Allen is. We invest very little on the oline in relation to other positions heck the bengals spent 180 million on their oline alone in the off season. 
Just think what a couple real cornerstone first round picks on the oline would be like in front of Josh must less the running game.  

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Loving our D-line, but man I wish I could see this offense with a good O-line.

Have to think Beane will address the OL this offseason with the draft/FA. He did address the DL this past offseason. Although he might have to look for secondary help as well with Hyde/Poyer both over 30.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I think this is more proof once again of how unbelievable Allen is. We invest very little on the oline in relation to other positions heck the bengals spent 180 million on their oline alone in the off season. 
Just think what a couple real cornerstone first round picks on the oline would be like in front of Josh must less the running game.  

And look at the results on O...

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

Josh isn't gonna be around long without someone that he can hand it to that will bang it up in there. The offensive line isn't bad. They back fit the rushing numbers. Too many variables these graphs are useless 

The offensive line is bad at run blocking - at least so far.  I don't know how you can have watched the first 4 games and think anything other than this.  

Offseason? They’re 4 games into a season trying to make a run for the roses. How about they find some things they can improve at and execute well this season ! Sorry but off-season talk in week 5 is for the dregs of the league. Bills fans lived there for far too long. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Serious question, how do they pull out metrics on things like pass and run blocking when the assignments are scheme specific?   Seems like it would be subjective based on the reviewer.   I am not arguing that the Bills are good at running the ball, but they are ranked 12th in the league in yards per game, which is above average.  

Just having a hard time with all the negativity when the Bills have the 3rd ranked offense in the league and the best point differential by 12 points.   Feel like there is a ton of nitpicking.  Sick of hearing "The Bills just may be doomed and the Defensive Win Rate by a Player in the 3rd game of their 5th season stat backs it up!"  

I'm still willing to give the oline/rushing game the benefit of the doubt because of the quality of the defensive lines we've played thus far, especially LA/TEN/MIA who all have top 10 DT studs in their lineup.

But I think at some point you have to prove you can match up with a physical dline and win your matchups consistently because that's what true SB contenders do.

This is my biggest concern with KC right now and why I see them as the best team in the AFC/NFL. Their oline is ridiculously good and very young which is scary given the long term outlook. The fact the Bills and just about every other team missed on Creed Humphrey is a big price to pay putting him in front of a QB like Mahomes. Their Dline is also going to be an issue as long as Chris Jones is healthy and in the lineup.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

The offensive line is bad at run blocking - at least so far.  I don't know how you can have watched the first 4 games and think anything other than this.  

Well let Stephen a smith tell ya. I don't know how you stomach football counting on espn. If Taylor gets 3 more yards with the same hole is it the OL fault? 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, gridirongold said:

Well let Stephen a smith tell ya. I don't know how you stomach football counting on espn. If Taylor gets 3 more yards with the same hole is it the OL fault? 

Let me know where to go to watch the results of the play with Taylor behind our OL and downfield blocking.  🙄

C'mon trolls, at least TRY for more subtleness

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.