Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

KC is a playoff game that will likely decide the #1 seed and therefore homefield advantage. We have to throw everyone and the kitchen sink at KC. Rolling over for them now pretty much sandbags our SB run. Weak, dude. Weak.

In large part I agree. But it's not a playoff game. I only care who wins the last matchup of the year between these two teams if I'm being honest. (Not implying you disagree)

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Very strange that Tremaine apparently isn't practicing but McD didn't rule him out for the game.

Maybe theyre trying to give Bernard more 1st team reps in case we pull our starters early? Seems like too cocky a move for McD to be true, but could be...

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Dude……

Right, like how can you note a team is a 14 point FAVORITE and then say it's going to be a tough game???

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Take it easy on the guy. This week he’s really worried about that whippersnapper Lynn Swann coming in and taking over games like he does. It’s tough to be an old timer.

The Steelers do have a great defense. Few teams can contain both Mean Joe Green and Jack Lambert for 4 quarters.

22 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Kenny Pickett already kind of rubs me the wrong way. He seems quite arrogant

Guys who play in the NFL generally have two things in common:

1) whatever level they played at, they're not used to losing

2) they're kind of used to being the "baddest mutha in the valley" and they need to learn how to deal with the act that they aren't

Von Miller on his "VonCast" was kind of humorous about some of Pickett's comments.  Stuff like "No, Dude, don't do this, just go out and play your game"

22 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

“there were 9 mistakes made ahead of me” - josh rosen

People, who know him like Jon Feliciano, have talked about the "Josh Allen Revenge Tour" and him having an extra edge playing against the teams who passed on him like the Broncos, or against players like Ramsey who called him "trash".  I think all of these top athletes have some ego and get a bit of extra "***** in their grits" as Ritchie Incognito put it, when someone disses them.  But most of them have the self-awareness to shut their mouth and realize that the place to show that edge is in his play, between the whistles. 

Talking just makes you look foolish if you can't back it up.  And in a league where everyone was "the Big Dog" in college, sooner or later everyone lays an egg.

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

what happened with tremaine?

Hammy.  Thought to have happened during the goal-line stand on the Poe-birds last drive.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

How many combined targets do our TE's have through 4 games?  10?   

40 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

This is really interesting.

Before doing so?

What kind of move you have to do before you move someone to IR? Sound very confusing to me. Unless he really means to have some pre-agreed trade.

It is a little weird.  It could be just waiting to see if a player actually takes a 53-roster spot or just elevated for this week's game.

Beane is very low on cash, not sure if some of the reasoning is based on saving a few bucks.

With players potentially coming back to the roster soon, Beane might leave it at 52 if he can get away with the bodies he has

for another 2 weeks.

A trade is always possible, but the only positions the Bills can afford to move out of are DL (if everyone is getting healthy)

and RB.  I guess an LB could also be available being Smith can return after the bye.  Any trade would also have money issues

to consider.  

34 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Buffalo Bills Official PR  "Rounding Up The Heard" post for the game mentions how Poyer can make it 5 int's in first 5 games of a season......

yet Sean ruled him Out? 

He’s hurt, so yes. I don’t think the team cares about his int streak more than him being healthy 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Wonder if there holding guys out who would play if it were a playoff game to help get them healthy for KC next week, knowing the buy is right after. If so, too bad they can't get Gabe the extra rest, but we're down too many as it is. I do worry about the cascading effect of guys being out puts more on the guys playing to have to compensate & play harder which generates more injuries. They need that buy week.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Guys who play in the NFL generally have two things in common:

1) whatever level they played at, they're not used to losing

2) they're kind of used to being the "baddest mutha in the valley" and they need to learn how to deal with the act that they aren't

Von Miller on his "VonCast" was kind of humorous about some of Pickett's comments.  Stuff like "No, Dude, don't do this, just go out and play your game"

People, who know him like Jon Feliciano, have talked about the "Josh Allen Revenge Tour" and him having an extra edge playing against the teams who passed on him like the Broncos, or against players like Ramsey who called him "trash".  I think all of these top athletes have some ego and get a bit of extra "***** in their grits" as Ritchie Incognito put it, when someone disses them.  But most of them have the self-awareness to shut their mouth and realize that the place to show that edge is in his play, between the whistles. 

Talking just makes you look foolish if you can't back it up.  And in a league where everyone was "the Big Dog" in college, sooner or later everyone lays an egg.

Hammy.  Thought to have happened during the goal-line stand on the Poe-birds last drive.

My thoughts exactly. I have no issue with my QB having the confident edge. But at least Show it on the field first before you start running your mouth.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

In large part I agree. But it's not a playoff game. I only care who wins the last matchup of the year between these two teams if I'm being honest. (Not implying you disagree)

The issue is where do we want to play kc at...in kc where they have beaten us 2 yrs in a row in the playoffs or in Buffalo infront of the Mafia?..not to mention the refs in kc are certainly swayed to favor no calls on allot of holds against the home team

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.