Week 5: Steelers at Bills 10/9 1pm

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

The Bills injury reports are just wild LOL

That's just the front side of the report.  Need to flip it over to see the rest. 

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

What phase of the concussion protocol is dancing again?

Light exercise

Edited by The Wiz

24 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Questions:

-Why wouldn't they just have Crowder on IR already?  Is there some procedural or competitive reason?

-Does Dawson Knox have any working body parts?  He's gone from foot (after Titans) to Back/Hip (after Miami) to foot/hamstring (today's DNP)

-We need healthy players, so why TF did we sign an OLman who immediately went on injury report with a foot injury?

-(or for that matter a DB who immediately went on Practice Squad IR)

-With Edmunds listed as a hamstring injury, does that mean the "Edmunds sucks, anyone could do better" crowd gonna get their wish to test that next Sunday, and perhaps more?  IIRC Edmunds missed 2 games with a hammy last season.

When did Edmunds injure his hamstring?  He was walking around fine after the game

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Perhaps a situation where resting it isn't going to make it appreciably better? Or because they expect the bye week to handle that for them?

Ok, maybe you're right. I am not an expert, I just would be surprised if there wasn't difference in healing whne you play vs rest.

1 hour ago, eball said:

What in the world makes you think you know more than the Bills' training staff who have been universally praised in league circles for how they manage and take care of their players?

No need to be so offensive :) I probably just used a little strong words, I just wanted to say that it seems weird to me that he seems to be playing hurt. Do they know better than me? Hell yes. Are they capable of making bad decisions sometimes? I guess so. Again, they know better, it just feels strange to me.

1 hour ago, uninja said:

Because Davis is our best blocking WR by a country mile and with Kumerow down there isn't anyone on the roster with anything close to his skillset. If rest isn't going to heal the ankle any more than it already is and if he can operate at 50-70% and execute the blocks he needs as part of the gameplan he's gonna be out there.

I am not arguing that he on one leg is still better than Hodgins or so. For me it is just a question of what is better for Davis longterm. You are already second poster who mentions that rest could possibly not being that helpful. That is really something new to me (no sarcasm). If that is true in Davis case, I rest my case :)

23 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

No need to be so offensive :) I probably just used a little strong words, I just wanted to say that it seems weird to me that he seems to be playing hurt. Do they know better than me? Hell yes. Are they capable of making bad decisions sometimes? I guess so. Again, they know better, it just feels strange to me.

Yep, you made a definitive statement that "they are hurting the team."  I understand you probably didn't mean that, but in this forum it's hard to read between the lines.

I'm going to err on the side of believing this coaching/training staff will not put their players in a position of harm.  We're not the goddamned Dolphins.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

I'm surprised by how many Steelers fans think they have a decent chance in this game. 

Why wouldn't they?

1) we lost a low-scoring game to the Dolphins when we couldn't "clinch the deal" on multiple drives

2) we barely squeaked out a win over the Ravens at the end of regulation

3) our Injury Report looks like we should set up a Mash tent on the sidelines at practice and includes:

-two starting DBs are "out"

-starting MLB may very well be "out"

-two starting DLmen still limited

-another starting DB DNP

-on the other side of the ball, starting TE may be out

-starting #2 WR hampered, #3 WR in concussion protocol and his backup/partner going on IR

-backup to #2 WR and ace ST likely "out"

-C limited with injury to snapping arm

4) various stuff out there now on how to stop Josh Allen (based on Dolphins game)

5) run game poor

On their side, new young QB looked promising and we have limited film on him

I'm not writing all this to say I think we're in trouble, but I can see why Steelers fans would be licking their chops.  And anyone who thinks it'll be a cake-walk for the Bills is probably mistaken, just based on the size and scope of our injury report - YIKES

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I am not arguing that he on one leg is still better than Hodgins or so. For me it is just a question of what is better for Davis longterm. You are already second poster who mentions that rest could possibly not being that helpful. That is really something new to me (no sarcasm). If that is true in Davis case, I rest my case

I think if we had an alternative queued up, like Sanders or even Kumerow, he'd sit.

Working through injury is an interesting thing.  The modern take is if you're injured, take time off/rest.  But there are cases of endurance runners and thru hikers proceeding through injuries where rest was advised, and eventually healing and getting stronger.  So the human body has more capability to be active through injury than we think and it may even be beneficial in some cases.

1 hour ago, Mynamemike said:

Do you remember the drought years?  I thought we were going to the super bowl for at least 14 of the 20 years.  Fans can be homers. Plus it’s the nfl and we lost to Jacksonville last year so hopefully the team is preparing for a dogfight.  

There seems to be confusion between thinking you have a shot and thinking it is likely that you will win. 

12 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Why wouldn't they?

1) we lost a low-scoring game to the Dolphins when we couldn't "clinch the deal" on multiple drives

2) we barely squeaked out a win over the Ravens at the end of regulation

3) our Injury Report looks like we should set up a Mash tent on the sidelines at practice and includes:

-two starting DBs are "out"

-starting MLB may very well be "out"

-two starting DLmen still limited

-another starting DB DNP

-on the other side of the ball, starting TE may be out

-starting #2 WR hampered, #3 WR in concussion protocol and his backup/partner going on IR

-backup to #2 WR and ace ST likely "out"

-C limited with injury to snapping arm

4) various stuff out there now on how to stop Josh Allen (based on Dolphins game)

5) run game poor

On their side, new young QB looked promising and we have limited film on him

I'm not writing all this to say I think we're in trouble, but I can see why Steelers fans would be licking their chops.  And anyone who thinks it'll be a cake-walk for the Bills is probably mistaken, just based on the size and scope of our injury report - YIKES

They just lost to the Jets! At home!

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

They just lost to the Jets! At home!

A fluke!  And they only had Pickett for half the game!

Don't shoot the messenger, Boys, I'm just explaining why the Steelers fans I know are hopeful.

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

When the heck did Edmunds hurt his hammy?  The Terrell Bernard era begins now, I guess.  Good luck covering Kelce in two weeks.

Bernard has good football instincts but he is slow in the open field.  He will get diced up by Mahomes Kelce.  Pray Edmunds is back for that game.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

When the heck did Edmunds hurt his hammy?  The Terrell Bernard era begins now, I guess.  Good luck covering Kelce in two weeks.

Did you knock out any of your teeth when your knee hit your face?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Shame on you, e. You know better than to poke a noob. 😄

I have very clear memories of Jerry Butler doing it.  He was the first I remember doing it (probably not the first, just the first I remember).

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

When did Edmunds injure his hamstring?  He was walking around fine after the game

Yeah I'm not buying it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.