Micah Hyde seeking 2nd opinion on neck injury

YoloinOhio

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a genuine possibility though. Obviously hoping for the best. 

True, but it could be anything at this point.  It could be a more minor structural issue that can be corrected with surgery that keeps him out for two months.  It could be that he felt himself go a little more numb than he has in the past when tweaking his neck, got the medical workup done at the hospital and it showed zero issues, and he's still uncomfortable about it and wants additional doctors to take a look to make sure he's not endangering his future mobility out there.  Obviously, we're free to speculate and worry as much as we'd like, but we won't know anything definitive until we hear it from the docs or Hyde himself.  But I do think it's irresponsible for some Fins fan to go spreading hearsay on twitter.  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

THANKS!  Great write up!

Bummer about Hyde, and I am not talking about even this game.  The moment he was seeking a 2nd opinion we knew that what ever news he got on his injury was not something he liked, meaning it probably meant some sort of sustained time missed, possibly even needed some sort of season ending surgery.  I really hope it ends up being relatively short term, not only because he such a good player, but just because this team feels on the verge of something special, and he has been a big part of getting to this point for a long time now.  I would be sick for him if something happened where he had to miss the rest of the season.

I agree on all your guesses too, that seems to be pretty spot on based on what we know.  I think Dane will return sometime between next week and the KC game, and probably against Balt or Pitt.  

I really hope Poyer can go, its gonna be tough being down our whole starting secondary plus Phillips up front who has been wreaking havoc this season.  

Speaking of Phillips, I am concerned about how long he might be out.  To be ruled out this soon on a hamstring injury is pretty significant.  That tells me its not a minor hammy issue, and these things can linger and take a while to heal.  So, it could lead to Phillips being out several weeks, but lets hope not.  

Re:Phillips, I think he had a hammy injury during his stint with the Cardinals.  Not sure if same hammy.

Coach said he was day to day, during his press conference Tuesday.  I'd like to see him heal up completely, especially if it's the same leg that he dealt with before.  Based on how he immediately collapsed running, going to guess he felt it twinging (but not pulled).  Hoping Balt return, but more likely Steeler game.

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Hyde was originally said to be "Day-to-Day" on Tues or Wed wasn't he?  Him also texting Poyer that he's okay makes me hopeful

Actually Coach didn't say "day to day", he said we will take it one day at a time with Hyde.  He used "day to day" for the other injuries, except Dane.

Agree on Poyer comment, that is encouraging.  But it was immediately after the game, prior to this 2nd opinion, so hopefully no news is good news right now.

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

“There’s a lot of rampant speculation out there…. So let me add mine!”

Saying he's going to be out of the lineup indefinitely isn't really reaching here given the circumstances and how this team handles injuries.

Losing Hyde for the season cannot be understated in terms of how dramatically it would change this defense and teams SB aspirations so hopefully that's not a scenario that Bills mafia has to realize in the near term.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Based on how he immediately collapsed running, going to guess he felt it twinging (but not pulled).  Hoping Balt return, but more likely Steeler game.

That was my initial thought as well.  I think most of us have been there.  Dead sprint and you feel it tighten up and you just dead stop to avoid a major blowout.  If it was a tear, he'd be on IR, so it's likely just a light strain.  But I agree, give him a couple of weeks to get back to 100%.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Saying he's going to be out of the lineup indefinitely isn't really reaching here given the circumstances and how this team handles injuries.

Losing Hyde for the season cannot be understated in terms of how dramatically it would change this defense and teams SB aspirations so hopefully that's not a scenario that Bills mafia has to realize in the near term.

Don't take too much joy in making these statements.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If he's out for the season w a neck injury it likely has quality of life implications going forward, so personally I'd be very happy to see him walk away from football if that's the case and I imagine most Bills fans would feel similarly.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

26 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Just suck it.

19 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Don't take too much joy in making these statements.

Why would I be happy about this?

He's one of the best players we have and for Hyde personally there's a lot more to think about than football given the nature of the injury.

Hopefully he'll be fine but the bad injury mojo is already hanging a dark cloud over this team despite the hot start and that's the one thing that can stop a SB run dead in it's tracks no matter how good JA17 is playing.

• Disagree 1

43 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Horse s*** as usual.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Why would I be happy about this?

He's one of the best players we have and for Hyde personally there's a lot more to think about than football given the nature of the injury.

Hopefully he'll be fine but the bad injury mojo is already hanging a dark cloud over this team despite the hot start and that's the one thing that can stop a SB run dead in it's tracks no matter how good JA17 is playing.

I didn't say you were happy about the injury, you are gleefully speculating that it could be an end to the bills superbowl hopes in a "one can only hope" way of saying it. 

The consistent pessimism everytime the Bills play someone coupled with the non stop fish hype, we know you are a closet fish fan. Just stop pretending.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well with the injury bug hitting the team he pretty much is the team again 

Yeah because the defense and the rest of the offense do nothing to help win games…, 

Bueller, Bueller, anyone…,

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

I didn't say you were happy about the injury, you are gleefully speculating that it could be an end to the bills superbowl hopes in a "one can only hope" way of saying it. 

The consistent pessimism everytime the Bills play someone coupled with the non stop fish hype, we know you are a closet fish fan. Just stop pretending.

Not really.

And even though I feel Hyde is a very important veteran piece to this defense, i don't think it necessarily changes this teams ultimate goal this year unless this season goes the way of the Ravens last year in terms of season ending injuries.

Make no mistake about it though, this type of injury list two games into the season is not a good omen no matter how positive of a spin you want to put on it.

• Disagree 2

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not really.

And even though I feel Hyde is a very important veteran piece to this defense, i don't think it necessarily changes this teams ultimate goal this year unless this season goes the way of the Ravens last year in terms of season ending injuries.

Make no mistake about it though, this type of injury list two games into the season is not a good omen no matter how positive of a spin you want to put on it.

Welcome back, you've been pretty quite lately...wonder why

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not really.

Every team goes through injuries.  Part of the game.  McD is trying to keep the guys healthy.  Bills will be alright on Sunday.  They have a huge advantage at QB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.