Micah Hyde seeking 2nd opinion on neck injury

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they are better than the drought era Bills. The drought era Bills never had a Tyreek Hill or a Jalen Waddle let alone two of them. I have thought they were probably a playoff team all along. They won 10 and 9 games the last two years and then added an elite playmaker, they are a legitimate team.  

But as for them contending for the division? Yea. I agree. I don't give them much of a shot at that. 

They need a loss to the Jets Jags or Browns to knock some sense into their mind. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Up to Josh to carry this team….again 

Yeah because the defense and the rest of the offense don’t do anything to help win games…,

Bueller, Bueller, anyone…, 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't understand how Hyde was listed as day to day instead of out indefinitely if things are serious enough to warrant a second opinion.

Perhaps he wants a second opinion to make sure he is okay to play. Put yourself in his shoes - you think you may have a serious neck injury. The Bills doctor says you're good to play, but maybe you want another doctor to tell you the same thing. It is your spine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Speculation, yes, but why do players typically get second opinions? I can recall zero times when it was reported that a player got a good report from team doctors and then wanted to get a second opinion. It's always the reverse.

The level of denial from Bills fans in this thread is both cute and embarrassing. I'll delete my account if Hyde is getting a second opinion because he got a good report and just wants to double check it, lol

There is, and always has been, a large segment of this fanbase that literally cannot distinguish between "that which is" and "that which I want to be."

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Up to Josh to carry this team….again 

Well, he's got a great supporting cast all over the place, but sure!  The vast bulk of what we have going on right now comes to 1 guy and only 1 guy: Josh.  It will remain that way for the rest of his career.

When he starts to go south, so will the team unless these guys pull off a miracle and replace him with a new version of himself.  It has happened! 

SF: Montana to Steve Young

GB: Favre then Rodgers

INDY: Manning and then Andrew Luck

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't understand how Hyde was listed as day to day instead of out indefinitely if things are serious enough to warrant a second opinion.

To be fair, “day to day” or “week to week” are both indefinite as well. 

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

He was not listed as day to day. McDermott said in a press conference that he was "taking it day by day," in other words "taking his rehab one day at a time," in other words he wasn't actually saying anything at all.

• Like (+1) 1

A fellow Bills fan friend of mind just text me "Hyde is out.  If these pu**ies cant beat us this week, they never will"

We already talked about Hyde yesterday, so felt like he got new info or something.  Has anyone seen anything?  I asked him if he heard that was confirmed, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

A fellow Bills fan friend of mind just text me "Hyde is out.  If these pu**ies cant beat us this week, they never will"

We already talked about Hyde yesterday, so felt like he got new info or something.  Has anyone seen anything?  I asked him if he heard that was confirmed, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.  

McDermott said him Phillips and Dane are out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nothing new...quick recap:

1. Coach declared out (during 10:30am interview with Sal): Hyde, Dane, Phillips

2. Pre practice press conference, Coach said (paraphrasing): all others will be on the field in some capacity.  He also said 2-3 players may be uncertain on status, even after today.  So sounds like gametime decision for a few.

3. Poyer: Coach said his foot injury happened during Titans game, has been getting more info throughout this week. Coach made it sound like Jordan might be a gametime decision, perhaps not 100% even if he plays.

4. Milano: should be full go

5. Hyde/Jackson: Coach was asked if any concern longterm/IR with these guys, and he "didn't want to get into it".  Jackson was then seen at practice (light stretching in red jersey- Matt Parrino twitter).

My guess from all this:

1. Offense: should have all guys back, Davis, Morse, Knox

2. Defense: think Ed, Poyer and Settle will be gametime decisions.  Hopefully all 3 can suit up

3. Hyde: mystery still, hopefully he's not a surprise IR tomorrow.  Think they will make a decision (hence 2nd opinion) on IR before this game, to create the roster spot

4. Jackson: encouraging to see him at practice, albeit just light jogging.  Would guess he is not going on IR, hopeful he can be back next week or for Steelers (his hometown team)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.