Micah Hyde seeking 2nd opinion on neck injury

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea after this news I am not thinking about games or even seasons for Hyde. I am thinking career. He owes nobody anything. He had a neck issue in camp, another one here from a seemingly inoccuous incident. 

If the Doctors tell Micah Hyde it might be time to hang them up he should hang them up. 

In the meantime, even if it doesn't come to that, Jaquan Johnson now has an audition for a contract extension. I would expect Poyer to play more centre field and Johnson to go mainly into Poyer's normal role in the box.

Love Micah, want to see him play for this team as long as possible… but I would like to see what Jaquan can do in a big-time situation, I think he’s up to the task.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Jaquan Johnson is limited by size and athleticism, but has good instincts and has impressed every time he’s stepped on the field. Ed Reed thought he’d be great at the NFL level, so the time to prove himself may start Sunday against the fastest pair of wideouts in the league.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I think the Bills are pretty good about taking care of their players, so they won't risk anything. Worst case scenario the Dolphins beat us because of our injuries but they'll have to come to Buffalo later in the season. Remember last year when the Patriots made us look stupid in Buffalo---what happened in the rematch.

52 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I can’t help but wonder if the doctor that evaluated his neck injury is the same one that dealt with Eichel’s neck injury. Dr. Cappuccino iirc? I think he possibly works for the bills and Sabres too iirc.

Sabres doctors initially told Eichel he could return to play the same season he was injured. Eichel got a 2nd opinion.

As I said earlier this 2nd opinion may just be precautionary by Hyde due to it being a spine injury. He probably wasn’t comfortable with the Buffalo doctors. 

38 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Speculation, yes, but why do players typically get second opinions? I can recall zero times when it was reported that a player got a good report from team doctors and then wanted to get a second opinion. It's always the reverse.

The level of denial from Bills fans in this thread is both cute and embarrassing. I'll delete my account if Hyde is getting a second opinion because he got a good report and just wants to double check it, lol

Remind me to never be in a foxhole with you! You’d probably pull your best French imitation and surrender.

Until you hear anything, it doesn’t hurt to e positive. No sense in jumping straight to the worst option possible. 

Dane Jackson being carted off and then being able to leave the hospital on his own. Lot’s of worst case scenario’s on that post.

People never learn.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Jaquan Johnson is limited by size and athleticism, but has good instincts and has impressed every time he’s stepped on the field. Ed Reed thought he’d be great at the NFL level, so the time to prove himself may start Sunday against the fastest pair of wideouts in the league.

He also hits like a truck. It’s not the end of the world if Jaquan has to step in. Hopefully micah gets back though obviously 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Speculation, yes, but why do players typically get second opinions? I can recall zero times when it was reported that a player got a good report from team doctors and then wanted to get a second opinion. It's always the reverse.

The level of denial from Bills fans in this thread is both cute and embarrassing. I'll delete my account if Hyde is getting a second opinion because he got a good report and just wants to double check it, lol

Wrong.  

Even the tiniest bit of common sense would tell you that when a team doctor says "everything is fine, get back out there", a player might be wise to get a second opinion.

Your post is not cute, but should seem embarrassing to you. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

If I recall correctly he was out there when the Titans gave up the ship and sent in the back-up QB.  I wish the Bills did the same thing.

Correct me if I’m wrong. 

Yep. He got injured in the 4th quarter. The entire quarter was garbage time, so questionable at best why he was even in there. 

1 hour ago, 1st&ten said:

I think the Bills are pretty good about taking care of their players, so they won't risk anything. Worst case scenario the Dolphins beat us because of our injuries but they'll have to come to Buffalo later in the season. Remember last year when the Patriots made us look stupid in Buffalo---what happened in the rematch.

That really is worst case scenario.

Dolphins fans will become insufferable. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.