Are we being purposely divided?

Matt_In_NH

Anyone else watch a doc called "The Big Hack" on Netflix?   It's about Cambridge Analytica/facebook and it makes some pretty disturbing assertions.  I will say that what they talk about and the conclusions line up with what I believe I have been watching over the last 6 years.   Among other things it goes into the 2016 presidential campaign and how it was flipped using AI and identifying/targeting people who were persuadable in key states.   They kind of get at how malleable people are in their views and they can be manipulated to hold a position.   I think it is widely known but I wonder if most people don't realize how much they can be influenced by propaganda.   I am sure people are reading this and saying to themselves "yeah I see it but I am immune to it, I am not one of them", I think its a good exercise to really keep an open mind about that, you may be more persuadable than you realize!  If you think you are not being manipulated then there is a good chance you actually are!   My opinion is that people on the left and right are all being used as pawns and we all need to open our eyes to it.   I often see righties talk about lefties as being sheep and believing anything which I sometimes agree with but if you step back and look at what the Republican Party has become...they are sheep and believe anything being pushed that is anti left.   I laugh when I perceive sheep call others sheep but it is getting to the point I dont think it is funny anymore.   My background is historically conservative (Republican) but I am a registered independent and have been for many years.  I am thoroughly disappointed in what the Republican parts has become.   I live in NH where we have a good chunk of independents, they make it easy to vote in primaries as a republican or democrat and I like that flexibility depending on who is running and what the topics are.

The AI technology could be state run to try to destabilize a Country and it could be just maximizing advertising revenue, the lines can be blurred a lot.   Social Media has been weaponized to change regimes in other areas of the world, is the US immune to that?   Could we be experiencing this right now and just don't realize it?  I have read about the targeted advertisements and whatnot for years as I am sure many of you have.   I do think a big chunk of the population is oblivious and does not realize the AI engines give you what you crave, they want to keep your eyeballs on their content.   But there is a secondary affect which is that people get more and more ingrained into a political position because they see something that resonates with them on some level and then they may comment, a friend or relative may back that position up that you did not realize you were aligned on.  This helps justify in your mind you are in the right and makes you less likely to consider a different viewpoint.  

The Trump campaign absolutely dominated the Social Media segment for that campaign.   They were able to identify and target the exact people they needed to win the election and it worked.  This is partly why the election was a surprise upset and went against the polls.  They ask the question "can we ever have a fair election"?  Which on one hand I get with the technology that is available today but at the same time, there has always been propaganda and targeted advertising.  It's kind of like we used to use rifles and now we can fly a drone from a trailer in Las Vegas and kill a terrorist in Afghanistan on the other side of the world...the technology has just been pushing the limits.

There was a time we were more able to discuss politics at work, at family gatherings, etc.  My experience is that has changed a lot recently, its a taboo subject where people know generally if uncle Joe is left or right and it is not discussed anymore.   My experience is the vast majority only listen to either right wing propaganda or left wing propaganda.  There are "facts" on the left and "facts" on the right that we believe shows unequivocally our position is correct.  We cannot even agree on what facts are.

Do you think the US is being targeted and by some foreign government(s) that is trying to destabilize the USA?  Curious what others think about this.

100% agree that radio, television media and social media are pushing division for purposes of profit. I too have seen that documentary and it’s shocking how tech firms have used psychology to manipulate people on both sides. It is far worse than 15 yrs ago. The Citizens United court decision has also been part of the problem. I am hopeful that the younger generation that has grown up with tech may be less vulnerable to the tactics of division than us older folks. Unfortunately, the attitude of corporate America seems to be: if we are all making money on the politics of division, there is no problem. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

100% agree that radio, television media and social media are pushing division for purposes of profit. I too have seen that documentary and it’s shocking how tech firms have used psychology to manipulate people on both sides. It is far worse than 15 yrs ago. The Citizens United court decision has also been part of the problem. I am hopeful that the younger generation that has grown up with tech may be less vulnerable to the tactics of division than us older folks. Unfortunately, the attitude of corporate America seems to be: if we are all making money on the politics of division, there is no problem. 

The younger generation gives ZERO phks about the dying MAGA fringe. They see right through the manipulation - bs - mind and body control.

They will continue to show up, vote and save this country while the fringe continues to die off.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Anyone else watch a doc called "The Big Hack" on Netflix?   It's about Cambridge Analytica/facebook and it makes some pretty disturbing assertions.  I will say that what they talk about and the conclusions line up with what I believe I have been watching over the last 6 years.   Among other things it goes into the 2016 presidential campaign and how it was flipped using AI and identifying/targeting people who were persuadable in key states.   They kind of get at how malleable people are in their views and they can be manipulated to hold a position.   I think it is widely known but I wonder if most people don't realize how much they can be influenced by propaganda.   I am sure people are reading this and saying to themselves "yeah I see it but I am immune to it, I am not one of them", I think its a good exercise to really keep an open mind about that, you may be more persuadable than you realize!  If you think you are not being manipulated then there is a good chance you actually are!   My opinion is that people on the left and right are all being used as pawns and we all need to open our eyes to it.   I often see righties talk about lefties as being sheep and believing anything which I sometimes agree with but if you step back and look at what the Republican Party has become...they are sheep and believe anything being pushed that is anti left.   I laugh when I perceive sheep call others sheep but it is getting to the point I dont think it is funny anymore.   My background is historically conservative (Republican) but I am a registered independent and have been for many years.  I am thoroughly disappointed in what the Republican parts has become.   I live in NH where we have a good chunk of independents, they make it easy to vote in primaries as a republican or democrat and I like that flexibility depending on who is running and what the topics are.

The AI technology could be state run to try to destabilize a Country and it could be just maximizing advertising revenue, the lines can be blurred a lot.   Social Media has been weaponized to change regimes in other areas of the world, is the US immune to that?   Could we be experiencing this right now and just don't realize it?  I have read about the targeted advertisements and whatnot for years as I am sure many of you have.   I do think a big chunk of the population is oblivious and does not realize the AI engines give you what you crave, they want to keep your eyeballs on their content.   But there is a secondary affect which is that people get more and more ingrained into a political position because they see something that resonates with them on some level and then they may comment, a friend or relative may back that position up that you did not realize you were aligned on.  This helps justify in your mind you are in the right and makes you less likely to consider a different viewpoint.  

The Trump campaign absolutely dominated the Social Media segment for that campaign.   They were able to identify and target the exact people they needed to win the election and it worked.  This is partly why the election was a surprise upset and went against the polls.  They ask the question "can we ever have a fair election"?  Which on one hand I get with the technology that is available today but at the same time, there has always been propaganda and targeted advertising.  It's kind of like we used to use rifles and now we can fly a drone from a trailer in Las Vegas and kill a terrorist in Afghanistan on the other side of the world...the technology has just been pushing the limits.

There was a time we were more able to discuss politics at work, at family gatherings, etc.  My experience is that has changed a lot recently, its a taboo subject where people know generally if uncle Joe is left or right and it is not discussed anymore.   My experience is the vast majority only listen to either right wing propaganda or left wing propaganda.  There are "facts" on the left and "facts" on the right that we believe shows unequivocally our position is correct.  We cannot even agree on what facts are.

Do you think the US is being targeted and by some foreign government(s) that is trying to destabilize the USA?  Curious what others think about this.

Thanks for bringing this to the table.  Very fair question. 

I can’t speak to something as deep as AI, but it seems to me the two most recent elections had remarkable similarities. 

Allegations of election thievery;

Allegations of inappropriate conduct with women;

Allegations of influence peddling;

Allegations of racial intolerance;

Lying liars lying often;

Allegations of inappropriate relationships with foreign adversaries;

Allegations against the offspring of candidates;

If it’s an issue, it’s because it works. 

There is no doubt that this is happening.  What we are experiencing now is a culmination of 30 + years of slow, intentional division, and it is working even better than expected.  Social media has just helped to expedite the process a little bit faster.  Divide and conquer would seemingly be an antiquated technique, but it works just as well today as it ever has.  Its just been tweaked a little bit.  

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The younger generation gives ZERO phks about the dying MAGA fringe. They see right through the manipulation - bs - mind and body control.

They will continue to show up, vote and save this country while the fringe continues to die off.

Keep dreaming.  How exactly does a 100-year-old senile and demented President understand and represent the interests of the younger generation?  With an agenda guided by the slogan MASS.  Make America Suck Supremely.  He's doing an amazing job of it as evidenced by his abysmal approval rating which I'm guessing dropped a couple more points after his imitation of 1933 Hitler on 9/1.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Keep dreaming.  How exactly does a 100-year-old senile and demented President understand and represent the interests of the younger generation?  With an agenda guided by the slogan MASS.  Make America Suck Supremely.  He's doing an amazing job of it as evidenced by his abysmal approval rating which I'm guessing dropped a couple more points after his imitation of 1933 Hitler on 9/1.  

He buys down student loan debt in phase 1.  Phase 2 has already started…”It’s not enough…people are still hurting…let’s get to $50k”, and they settle on the next $20k.  

Money is a powerful drug. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The "left" hates God, guns, the Constitution, and life.  This is ALL FACT.  

We have nothing in common anymore.  The Democrat party has embraced what's always been the fringe of their party as mainstream.

The GOP may support policy that you (and me) think are just garbage policies......but they absolutely do not end in unraveling man's last best hope.  They absolutely do not at their core hate America and the Constitution.  

To save America you cannot vote Democrat at any level of government. 

They answer to groups that at their core hate everything about this country.  

Vote em all out.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

Unfortunately, the younger generation is the target.  They are always the easiest to influence.  You see it all throughout academia and the media.  It is a slow process that takes several generations of "brainwashing" to get to the desired result.  Search for a video of a KGB defector named Yuri Bezmenov.  Its an older video where he explains how ideological subversion is being used in our country.  When you hear what he is saying, decades ago, and you look around today, it is frighteningly clear that this is exactly what is happening.

Tell me this isn't exactly what is happening today.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrFdeWeexZj6cYNPsVXNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzIEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Nj?p=yuri+bezmenov&type=E211US105G0&ei=UTF-8&fr=mcafee&turl=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOVP.WTaVff_BEkzxLJU4yasC2QHgFo%26pid%3DApi%26w%3D296%26h%3D156%26c%3D7%26p%3D0&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTEefbbApuaE&tit=Yuri+Bezmenov+-+Ideological+Subversion.+KGB+Defector+Interview.+Call+of+Duty+Cold+War+Trailer+1984&pos=3&vid=020534e1544507c427e07123b2af5a48&sigr=l4HGMwENaLzW&sigt=l_RGA7ljKgsl&sigi=qOb0u4eEwI2N

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

We have nothing in common anymore.  The Democrat party has embraced what's always been the fringe of their party as mainstream.

The GOP may support policy that you (and me) think are just garbage policies......but they absolutely do not end in unraveling man's last best hope.  They absolutely do not at their core hate America and the Constitution.  

Vote em all out.  

This is exactly what I am talking about, you can only see it one way.   If I asked you which side, the left or right actually tried to unconstitutionally steal he presidential election, what would you answer?  This is absolutely backed up by facts in terms of 60 some odd court cases in which every nook, cranny, theory was brought to court and there was no substantial fraud found which could have influenced the election. Those are facts.

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

lmao - who said anything about Biden?

Triggered much?

lolz

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

This is exactly what I am talking about, you can only see it one way.   If I asked you which side, the left or right actually tried to unconstitutionally steal he presidential election, what would you answer?  This is absolutely backed up by facts in terms of 60 some odd court cases in which every nook, cranny, theory was brought to court and there was no substantial fraud found which could have influenced the election. Those are facts.

I don't give a rats **s about the 2020 election held in the middle of a sham pandemic used by the Democrats to get rid of Trump.  Those are facts.  

Opposing or questioning the results of an election?  Maybe you should figure out why no matter who wins half the country is crying sham. 

Oh I know one way.  Let's turn election day into actual election day.  Not election season.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I don't give a rats **s about the 2020 election held in the middle of a sham pandemic used by the Democrats to get rid of Trump.  Those are facts.  

Opposing or questioning the results of an election?  Maybe you should figure out why no matter who wins half the country is crying sham. 

Oh I know one way.  Let's turn election day into actual election day.  Not election season.  

I don't expect you to understand or care, but your facts are just opinions.  It seems you can only see things one way and I doubt that will ever change.  When was the last presidential candidate who lost who did not concede and made up lies about widespread fraud.   Do you believe there was widespread fraud?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I don't expect you to understand or care, but your facts are just opinions.  It seems you can only see things one way and I doubt that will ever change.

I see things as you either pro American or Anti American.

The Democrats stack of Anti American policies and positions reaches the moon.  

12 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

When was the last presidential candidate who lost who did not concede and made up lies about widespread fraud.   Do you believe there was widespread fraud?  

Has nothing to do with my facts about the 2 political parties.  

The rigged 2020 election in the middle of a sham pandemic has nothing to do with the current state of the Democrat Party 

Trump complaining about said election has nothing to do with anything 

The fact you keep bringing it up - clinging to it - is because you know it's true about the Democrats and their voters.  You, and your media sycophants have created this ridiculously embarrassing (for you) false narrative that Trump's complaining about is somehow a threat to the country.  That all "MAGA" voters are a threat to the country....

How so exactly?  How did Trump and his minions with full control of DC from 2016 to 2018 threaten the Republic - another ridiculously false narrative created before the man was even sworn in (Democracy Dies in Darkness they shouted!  For 4 years!)

How?  Please.  Without using CNN, in your own words explain this.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

43 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Unfortunately, the younger generation is the target.  They are always the easiest to influence.  You see it all throughout academia and the media.  It is a slow process that takes several generations of "brainwashing" to get to the desired result.  Search for a video of a KGB defector named Yuri Bezmenov.  Its an older video where he explains how ideological subversion is being used in our country.  When you hear what he is saying, decades ago, and you look around today, it is frighteningly clear that this is exactly what is happening.

Tell me this isn't exactly what is happening today.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrFdeWeexZj6cYNPsVXNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzIEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Nj?p=yuri+bezmenov&type=E211US105G0&ei=UTF-8&fr=mcafee&turl=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOVP.WTaVff_BEkzxLJU4yasC2QHgFo%26pid%3DApi%26w%3D296%26h%3D156%26c%3D7%26p%3D0&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTEefbbApuaE&tit=Yuri+Bezmenov+-+Ideological+Subversion.+KGB+Defector+Interview.+Call+of+Duty+Cold+War+Trailer+1984&pos=3&vid=020534e1544507c427e07123b2af5a48&sigr=l4HGMwENaLzW&sigt=l_RGA7ljKgsl&sigi=qOb0u4eEwI2N

He was absolutely right. 

Ideological subversion.

"You can show and prove to them that white is white and black is black and it will not matter."

Sounds familiar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Vote em all out.  

Nah - GOP comprises 30% of America - you should just move to Russia where you belong.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I don't expect you to understand or care, but your facts are just opinions.  It seems you can only see things one way and I doubt that will ever change.  When was the last presidential candidate who lost who did not concede and made up lies about widespread fraud.   Do you believe there was widespread fraud?  

there you go. Hillary is in there. Plus a couple other elections. Thoughts?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

For the most part I think you are right on with this. Most college age kids don’t watch TV news and could care less about the MAGA cause. From what I’ve seen, most of them think it’s all stupid crap. What they really want is someone in office who is younger who they can relate to, which isn’t Biden.

42 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I see things as you either pro American or Anti American.

The Democrats stack of Anti American policies and positions reaches the moon.  

Has nothing to do with my facts about the 2 political parties.  

The rigged 2020 election in the middle of a sham pandemic has nothing to do with the current state of the Democrat Party 

Trump complaining about said election has nothing to do with anything 

The fact you keep bringing it up - clinging to it - is because you know it's true about the Democrats and their voters.  You, and your media sycophants have created this ridiculously embarrassing (for you) false narrative that Trump's complaining about is somehow a threat to the country.  That all "MAGA" voters are a threat to the country....

How so exactly?  How did Trump and his minions with full control of DC from 2016 to 2018 threaten the Republic - another ridiculously false narrative created before the man was even sworn in (Democracy Dies in Darkness they shouted!  For 4 years!)

How?  Please.  Without using CNN, in your own words explain this.  

Complete nonsense. 

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

there you go. Hillary is in there. Plus a couple other elections. Thoughts?

Identical to what trump did?

10 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

For the most part I think you are right on with this. Most college age kids don’t watch TV news and could care less about the MAGA cause. From what I’ve seen, most of them think it’s all stupid crap. What they really want is someone in office who is younger who they can relate to, which isn’t Biden.

Sure, most kids don't like any part of politics.  Their introduction is not obvious.  Usually it has an emotional basis.  Abortion, racism, LGBTQ, guns, etc.  All being used as political tools, and each side is going to extremes to broaden the divide.  If you lean a particular way on an issue, the label comes out.  Its gotten to where people tow the party line without question any more.  Remember when debates allowed people to communicate different viewpoints?  Now they are just shut down.  

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Nor Trump 

29 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Complete nonsense. 

Evidence of Democrat fascism and communism (they essentially want to be China but are good with Trans story hour for 2nd graders) is posted here almost every hour.

It is now mainstream in the Democrat party.  

Go away.  There is literally nothing left for your side to defend.  NOTHING.  

Vote all this trash out.  

Sure, there is GOP lunacy and stupidity, but nothing that completely compromises the Constitution, the culture, or your freedoms.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Evidence of Democrat fascism and communism (they essentially want to be China but are good with Trans story hour for 2nd graders) is posted here almost every hour.

It is now mainstream in the Democrat party.  

Go away.  There is literally nothing left for your side to defend.  NOTHING.  

Vote all this trash out.  

Sure, there is GOP lunacy and stupidity, but nothing that completely compromises the Constitution, the culture, or your freedoms.  

Tell us what “my side” is.  Let’s see if you can read.   You have no ability to stay on topic.  

Edited by Matt_In_NH

Getting back to the original point of this thread…. Corporate entities like to sell fear. Fear is a basic emotion that motivates people and keeps eyeballs glued to screens. How often have we heard “if they win, they are coming for you!” The longer the eyes are on the screens, the more money the corporation makes. Truth is irrelevant in this philosophy when the goal is to feed information to the audience to maximize revenue. For an extreme example, Alex Jones has spent years making money by denying the murder of school children. Thus we often can’t even agree on basic facts of issues, let alone discuss policy of how to address the issue. Years ago, there was usually, consensus on the basic facts. Back then, the arguments were about policy for how to fix the problem.

This all stokes fear of the “Other people” in America and pushes division in our country. We are all Americans. We have differences of opinion on the future direction, but at some point, we need to get back to what we all have in common and build our communication from there. Insults to others accomplishes nothing and only stokes further division.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Tell us what “my side” is.  Let’s see if you can read.   You have no ability to stay on topic.  

If you vote Democrat 

If you don't, good for you.  You have a brain.   

Don't vote GOP for all I care.  I wouldn't blame you.  

You just should in no way shape or form be voting Democrat.   

Of course we're being divided.  The right is starting to move left and attract more disaffected people, namely of color, so the left, and their alphabet and mostly print media arms, have to keep manufacturing racism, as well as other "ism" that keep the left moving even more left.  As I've been saying, I've been trying to get my Dem colleague to see this for the last 20 years, and he finally came around a couple years ago and now shows me evidence of their bias.  And he no longer will vote Dem (he won't vote Repub, but it's still better).

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Awesome to hear from the guy who has zero interaction with young people in his life about what young people think. 

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Vote em all out.  

Hoax.  It’s actually MAGA that hates the constitution and liberty.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Vote em all out.  

I am just amazed how we can all live in the same world, and see things so completely the opposite. 

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

You sure?

Hahaha

9 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

id like to know why you think its so heavily geared toward conservative view points? what is going on in your state makes you feel that? i have the same viewpoint but i am a traditional democrat and have watched that side go off the rails so now im wondering if the traditionalist that are not as susceptible have a unique perspective. we know our sides well so we can see the insane changes so we drift to the other side because its less noticeable to us not being so aligned.

but when it comes to who is the most indoctrinated. its the left no question. i first noticed a hard push into identity politics. that's where i started backing out and it just flew off a cliff from there. if you notice identity IS the party now. covid is the easiest identifier but their is a mountain of other examples that gives clear proof these people do not own their thoughts.

leftists were following orders from people who were clearly hypocritical, clear as day. repeatedly caught not masking.  repeadly making "saftey" orders that made zero sense. flip flopping for large gatherings. clearly lying despite the reality that was in front of their eyes and rabid enough in the indoctrination they had no care about their own children. inject them with vax with zero threat! danger for them never existed the entire pandemic strapping masks on babies with masks.  keeping schools closed with no threat, none. studies identified that very early. they even locked down parks to let them at least be outside in fresh air.  locking down GYMS, litterally the best thing to boost immunity but at the same time pushing covid+ patients into NURSING HOMES the worst thing you could do with a cold, forget virus. forcing people to lose their livelihoods well past statistics were out lockdowns didn't save lives and people vaxed were getting it. breakthrough cases? as if the world couldnt study it and ISREAL the highest vax count on the planet was already reinfected. the info was right there. they still call it vax when it is only a suppressant. these are people that spent their ENTIRE lives in virology and testing data giving out completely wrong advice well after data was gathered and studied globally telling anyone who disagreed they are anti science. and they are STILL listening to these people. they still don't demand CRIMINAL investigations be conducted. they STILL are letting them keep emergency powers to this day. read the covid thread. you can see who is who and tell me which side is looks like they are controlled. one side has gone through and deleted or out right left from this board. at least they have the dignity to realize their credability is shot. others are onto the new narrative.

when it comes to which side is doing the controlling, well who is for censorship? that should tell you all you need really. can't control a population with opposing viewpoints speaking. enacting ministry of truth is kinda telling as well. leftist were the ones pushing all of this and which news or tech station was giving any pushback? explaining how florida and texas had no significant differences after declaring freedom was a death sentance. statistics clear as day and yet months and even a year after they still cheered for lock downs. florida should have been celebrated and screamed from the rooftops. we interrupt your show to give this message! great news we dont have to lock down!  NONE OF THEM PUT THAT STORY OUT. big tech erased any good data put out. oh they got good news CANADIAN gov freezing bank accounts with zero signs of violence from the "terrorist nazis"? jan 2020 the first covid case. do you know if natural immunity is as good or better then vax? years later and still grouping people into the antivax murder class. a definitive answer would have really messed up phizer profits i guess. firing nurses and doctors who STILL refused the vax, people who knew the virus better then any politician, DURING A PANDEMIC. yeah democrats cheered for all of that! but a afternoon on jan 6th where a riot took place somehow negates years of authoritarian insanity and lies, because we are told so. nope sorry i remember.

so anyone even questioning the left is a cult now ask them what a woman is? ask them if a kindergartener can identify as a different gender, then ask the kid if a fat guy flies around on a sleigh. this is  a small slice of what they are pushing, i mean the president himself agrees. this isnt stuff from the far left extreme section. but mean tweets ( back when they weren't censored ) and walls are worse...because we are told so. 

thats the tip of the iceberg. its not even close. so really interested in where you came to think the right is indoctrinated. any movies on the left insanity other then republican platforms? that's a red flag in itself? just pay attention. you'll notice news articles come out in unison on certain topics. its like they flick a switch and suddenly hunter biden never owned a labtop.

ill agree with stolen elections and qanon is always used, but they are just a small faction who have zero influence

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

That's those that have been raised with the entitlement mentality which fits right in with the way Joe & company works that's why they are trying to pay off their school debt instead of them paying for their own way they are buying their votes same as it ever was !

That's why they hate those that feel you need to pay your own way they don't agree with consequences for their actions .

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Without talking about Trump or Mass Trespassing events (i cant stand the stupid), please show us how that's the case.  

Election denial, the Insurrection (it wasn't a trespassing event, as evinced by the commission of crimes other than trespassing within the Capitol), and the celebration of the retraction of bodily autonomy previously protected under the Constitution.  Boom.  Roasted. 

9 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Getting back to the original point of this thread…. Corporate entities like to sell fear. Fear is a basic emotion that motivates people and keeps eyeballs glued to screens. How often have we heard “if they win, they are coming for you!” The longer the eyes are on the screens, the more money the corporation makes. Truth is irrelevant in this philosophy when the goal is to feed information to the audience to maximize revenue. For an extreme example, Alex Jones has spent years making money by denying the murder of school children. Thus we often can’t even agree on basic facts of issues, let alone discuss policy of how to address the issue. Years ago, there was usually, consensus on the basic facts. Back then, the arguments were about policy for how to fix the problem.

This all stokes fear of the “Other people” in America and pushes division in our country. We are all Americans. We have differences of opinion on the future direction, but at some point, we need to get back to what we all have in common and build our communication from there. Insults to others accomplishes nothing and only stokes further division.

Alex Jones is angry and serious and yells.  He has “sources”….the amount of people who go along with him is astonishing.   

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

What cable news station do you watch?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Election denial, the Insurrection (it wasn't a trespassing event, as evinced by the commission of crimes other than trespassing within the Capitol), and the celebration of the retraction of bodily autonomy previously protected under the Constitution.  Boom.  Roasted. 

Gee, the same exact thing the Dems are guilty of as well.  Go figure!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Alex Jones is angry and serious and yells.  He has “sources”….the amount of people who go along with him is astonishing.   

What cable news station do you watch?

I’m not sure if he’s stupid or is brainwashed. I guess it could be both. But man, some of these people get sucked into conspiratorial nonsense and there’s no going back. 

Just now, Doc said:

Gee, the same exact thing the Dems are guilty of as well.  Go figure!

Hoax.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1