Jimmy G takes pay cut, staying with Niners

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

A drew Bledsoe type trade makes so much sense here for SEA. Geno freaking Smith?!? I'm sure Garrap would sign off on a place he could start at, and if he blocks one, that confirms him being on cruise control 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

A drew Bledsoe type trade makes so much sense here for SEA. Geno freaking Smith?!? I'm sure Garrap would sign off on a place he could start at, and if he blocks one, that confirms him being on cruise control 🤷‍♂️

SEA will be terrible this year.. with or without Jimmy.. not sure he helps his next deal by going there ...

He will still be just shy of 32 when the season start next year...someone will probably take a shot at him when he is a free agent.. and pay him reasonable money

The more time Jimmy G spends away from starting, the less others will view him as a starter.

I think it's a mistake. He should have demanded to be out of there and competed for a stating spot this year.

Unless, of course, he doesn't care that much about playing.

I don't think any teams wanted to trade a fair price for Garoppolo because of his huge contract cost.  This deal actually makes it more likely that after a year, he can go find himself a starting job, or a shot at a starting job.  It's better than getting cut and having to latch on wherever he could find a job.  And getting paid only $6.5M to be a backup for a year oh boo hoo, I don't think anyone feels sorry for him.

7 hours ago, Rat-boy said:

Indeed. They are stacked everywhere but O-line. If Lance can deal with this and they avoid major injuries, unfortunately the 49ers will be a tough out for anyone, including our heroes.

If we get to the super bowl, it’s going to be us against the Niners. I don’t like that matchup either except their O line is shaky outside of Trent Williams as you mentioned. By that point, Lance will either have it figured out or Jimmy is back in and he knows how to run that offense. Chavarious Ward was a sneaky good pickup at corner for them too and he’s more than held his own against Diggs in the playoffs for the chiefs. They’re an extremely physical team, not sure I like the matchup at all for us. Long season to see how things play out though!

7 hours ago, Rat-boy said:
Edited by BeavercreekBillsFan

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2022 at 11:01 AM, FilthyBeast said:

Smart move for both sides.

The Lance hype is ridiculous and have a feeling the 49ers also see the inevitable in terms of him struggling and not being a legit starting QB in this league.

This might be the only thing you ever got right.... congrats.

17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The mentoring is going well!

I hate how everyone needs to film everything. Lance needs to take lessons from Jeter.

also, I hate the knee jerk reactions to every young qb every game. Dude didn’t play well in a monsoon and it is obvious he sucks and it was a bad trade. So dumb. Of course, we had a 100 page thread on Mahomes sucking because he had a bad training camp practice. 😃

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hate how everyone needs to film everything. Lance needs to take lessons from Jeter.

also, I hate the knee jerk reactions to every young qb every game. Dude didn’t play well in a monsoon and it is obvious he sucks and it was a bad trade. So dumb. Of course, we had a 100 page thread on Mahomes sucking because he had a bad training camp practice. 😃

that guy needs to be removed from the group of friends. Can’t trust him. No bad videos that hurt your profile. We all know they go to these places just keep it quiet.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Shanahan record in SF is 39-43.

33 of his 39 wins are with JG at QB…

Qbs wins is such a dumb stat. I’m sure the wins were all Jimmy G and not having a top 5 defense. 

Jimmy G is a game manager. He’s like Alex Smith and to a lesser extent, Tyrod. They are fine but if your goal is to win the SB, they aren’t guys who will elevate your team and carry you when your team needs it. Lance might not be the guy but it’s worth a shot because Jimmy G isn’t.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Qbs wins is such a dumb stat. I’m sure the wins were all Jimmy G and not having a top 5 defense. 

Jimmy G is a game manager. He’s like Alex Smith and to a lesser extent, Tyrod. They are fine but if your goal is to win the SB, they aren’t guys who will elevate your team and carry you when your team needs it. Lance might not be the guy but it’s worth a shot because Jimmy G isn’t.

I’m talking about coaching wins.

Offensive mastermind Kyle Shanahan can’t get the wins with his 49ers without Jimmy G as QB.   

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I’m talking about coaching wins.

Offensive mastermind Kyle Shanahan can’t get the wins with his 49ers without Jimmy G as QB.   

I think Shanahan’s overrated but there is some stat that Nick Mullens has the second most passing yards in his first 16 starts in nfl history so KS is able to scheme up things decently. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.