Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Because that's for MA to do.  Not us or the Bills. 

The plaintiff's attorney supposedly made an offer weeks ago, then withdrew it? Why? 

Sifting through all this mess, one should be trying to evaluate the information and a big factor of that is in sourcing the information. Almost everything being hammered in the media seems to be coming from this lawyer who, in terms of apparent ethical conduct, seems several sigmas off the bar norm. Like Michael Avenatti/Saul Goodman territory. I haven't heard anyone in the media ask what, to me, the most obvious question: October? (Checks watch) This is August of the next year, right?

Hearsay is hearsay, believe what you want, but like your mom should have told you, "consider the source."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Nobody said it was the first move.  If the offer is no-pay, what does one have to lose by dialing the employer? 

Probably should ask the Bills attorneys.

The Bills are now in the position of doing next to nothing without firm input/approval from their attorneys.

I would not doubt that only the Pegulas can override.

1 minute ago, BeastMaster said:

Anyone can accuse anyone of anything

She is not going to put herself through the trauma and scrutiny for an allegation of this type. This kind of thinking is toxic, representative of entitlement, and is the exact reason more victims do not come forward.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

Sifting through all this mess, one should be trying to evaluate the information and a big factor of that is in sourcing the information. Almost everything being hammered in the media seems to be coming from this lawyer who, in terms of apparent ethical conduct, seems several sigmas off the bar norm. Like Michael Avenatti/Saul Goodman territory. I haven't heard anyone in the media ask what, to me, the most obvious question: October? (Checks watch) This is August of the next year, right?

Hearsay is hearsay, believe what you want, but like your mom should have told you, "consider the source."

Very good take. The lawyer for Jane Doe has a job to do. He wants justice for his client (and rightfully so). As it stands currently, Araiza is collateral damage for the attorney to get justice for his client. If Arazia is found guilty in a court of law, he should absolutely do the time. He has already been found guilty in the court of public opinion, due solely to the opinion of an attorney who is doing his job, albeit coming off like a loose cannon. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

You can't chalk up being accused of sexual assault as a life experience. It's not hard to make good decisions. The fact that he put himself in this situation speaks volumes about his character as a whole.

You didn't answer my question.  Do you have kids and if so, how old are they?

2 hours ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Serious question. Why do fans think this will derail the season? 

Do fans think Josh is sat thinking about this and not focused on the Rams?

Is Von Miller going to be so distracted he won’t be able to rush the passer?

I get it, it’s a bad look and bad for the Bills organizationally but I don’t get how it effects the players. Can anyone point me in a direction where something bad has happened to a football team PR wise and it’s completely derailed a season? Spygate was embarrassing for the Pats**, they proceeded to win 18 straight games. They went 12-4 and went to the AFC championship after Deflategate. Both of those situations had more to do with football and the game itself more than what a single player has done off the footballs field.

You need shame or a consicence, neither of which is in supply for the Cheats.

2 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

He should have made better choices and not put himself in a situation to be accused of sexual assault. It's not hard to do.

This above statement presumes innocence but infers he made bad choices that led to being falsely accused of sexual assault.  So if he is innocent, what was the bad choice?  Having consensual sex while in college at a college party where he was living?  Are you alluding that college kids should just abstain while in college in fear they could be accused of sexual assault later?  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CountDorkula said:

No matter the outcome of this the bills are in a lose lose lose scenario. 

That is why if I am them I take my lumps now cut him and get the media circus over

Araiza needs a smoking gun.   Text exchange leaked and/or people at the party to go public and defend him. 

Anything short of that, and he’s gone and the Bills still deal with the short term stigma in the media and long term loss of a punter you invested draft capital into. 

I doubt anyone could withstand a sexual assault allegation in the league right now, but definitely not when there’s gruesome pictures being circulated and salacious details such as her being 17 and him saying to get tested .. which equates to Twitter posts of “rape of a minor and he intentionally gave her chlamydia.” of course lacking any context. 

4 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

She is not going to put herself through the trauma and scrutiny for an allegation of this type. This kind of thinking is toxic, representative of entitlement, and is the exact reason more victims do not come forward.

But you are saying people need to not put themselves into situations where they can be accused of a crime, and I'm telling you that people can throw out accusations out of the blue.

I'm not debating you on whether her allegations have merit

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This above statement presumes innocence but infers he made bad choices that led to being falsely accused of sexual assault.  So if he is innocent, what was the bad choice?  Having consensual sex while in college at a college party where he was living?  Are you alluding that college kids should just abstain while in college in fear they could be accused of sexual assault later?  

Most of us had sex in college i presume. I guarantee you none of us were in a position where we could be accused of sexual assault and gang rape so……..

• Like (+1) 1