Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The stories about her lying about her age is slut shaming, plain and simple.  Following the Koby Bryant playbook step by step.

At this point we don’t know if she lied or didn’t lie. Araizas lawyer claims he has witnesses that say she told everyone she was in college. But that’s beside the overall point of the rape allegation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

This is the Koby Bryant playbook.  You keep saying "consensual", even when not possible in a legal sense.  I vented because the number of posts saying she consented is simple slut shaming.

It's not slut shaming. It's that despite the law, she agreed to sex after saying she was 18. Let me ask you this though, if she told people she was 18 like has been reported, what would be her reason for doing so? Maybe she was actually looking to have sex and made herself older? I mean, it's just something to think about. People go to these parties to get laid a lot of the time

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was falsely accused about 10 years ago.  She told her ex that I raped her.  The ex finds me on Facebook and starts threatening me.

I gave him my number and he called.  He believed me after about a minute.  Then we screen shot both of our conversations with her at the same time.

She kept asking me to hang out again.  She was texting him at the same time how much she’s traumatized by me.  Then we set up a group chat….she disappeared.

The guy followed up with me a week later and told me she admitted to lying about it to get his attention because she wanted him back. 

Lol thats crazy man

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

that last paragraph isn’t a real thing.

The least of the Bills worries is the punter suing or them worrying about the nflpa. Court of public opinion is currently crushing them. This at a time when the Bills image has never been higher !! That’s what they care about. If McDermy has his way based on his presser.. things they gotta do is get the facts straight.. then cut the punter. I thought it would happen by noon. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The stories about her lying about her age is slut shaming, plain and simple.  Following the Koby Bryant playbook step by step.

Pardon, but in this context, I disagree.  People are saying that Araiza committed statutory rape if he admitted he had sex with her.  In that context, it's a relevant legal fact that in California, "mistake in age" where you have reasonable cause to believe someone is over 18 is apparently a defense.  So if she was lying about her age and saying she was an 18 yr old college girl, and Araiza had sex with her under that belief, legally he may be in the clear.

Morally, of course, there's a lot amiss with the whole situation, starting with "don't further inebriate already inebriated young women for sexual favors, find their friends and send them home" and progressing to "Cockblock rapists, don't Feed them"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

But according to his lawyers investigators...she was telling people she was 18 YO.

That changes things...but you can still go ahead and make bolded posts and be outraged if you like.

Here is a potential poor decision posts where asking about

If you are having to ask a girl what her age is she is too young for you

2 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

Possible.  It was previously posted the Titans have 2 punters on their roster - Kern and Stonehouse who may draw interest if one of them is cut.

Somebody is about to win the punter lottery. It will be a big swing of emptions for them. Lose their job and get cut then approximately 90 minutes later find out you are being signed by a Super Bowl favorite and better yet, you'll barely have to see the field.  

2 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

Possible.  It was previously posted the Titans have 2 punters on their roster - Kern and Stonehouse who may draw interest if one of them is cut.

Somebody is about to win the punter lottery. It will be a big swing of emptions for them. Lose their job and get cut then approximately 90 minutes later find out you are being signed by a Super Bowl favorite and better yet, you'll barely have to see the field.  

1 minute ago, hemma said:

IMO, the ‘I am 18’ declaration never took place.

Why would a person announce they are 18, when the legal drinking age is 21?

Well could be .. other than people are saying that happened 🤷🏻‍♂️.. doesn’t mean that aren’t lying 

Star athletes have been doing this stuff forever. Society and culture are changing and if a star athlete doesn’t know that, they are an idiot.

There is the court of law and the court of public opinion. The Bills are operating in the public opinion sphere. I cannot see them defending a player saying, yea he had consensual sex with a minor but he didn’t think she was underage. Sorry, but that will not fly.

1 minute ago, hemma said:

I think she allegedly led people to believe she was in college. 

As a former college student, I definitely did not ID check other college students that I had sex with. 

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Pardon, but in this context, I disagree.  People are saying that Araiza committed statutory rape if he admitted he had sex with her.  In that context, it's a relevant legal fact that in California, "mistake in age" where you have reasonable cause to believe someone is over 18 is apparently a defense.  So if she was lying about her age and saying she was an 18 yr old college girl, and Araiza had sex with her under that belief, legally he may be in the clear.

Morally, of course, there's a lot amiss with the whole situation, starting with "don't further inebriate already inebriated young women for sexual favors, find their friends and send them home" and progressing to "Cockblock rapists, don't Feed them"

Again his lawyer is saying he didn’t give her a drink. Her diary read that a white guy with brown hair handed her a drink. The civil suit says it was him. Civil suit said she arrived at the party already drunk. Lawyer says he has witnesses who say she was not obviously drunk

15 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

If I read another post about "consensual sex", my head will explode.  That is nothing more than slut shaming the victim.  SHE WAS 17 AND DRUNK.  UNDER EITHER PREMISE, SHE CANNOT CONSENT, AND THAT CONSTITUTES RAPE.  STOP SAYING SHE "CONSENTED" OR THAT THEY HAD "CONSENSUAL SEX", THAT IS A LIE!

There, I feel better.

I understand that laws are black and white, but human experience is not. Tens of thousands of college students have random drunk sex on any given weekend. Within the specific borders of California a 17 year old cannot consent, but a few thousand miles to the east a 17 year old can. And anyways it is reasonable that he believed her to be older. So it is not nearly as simple as you make it out to be. If you ask the average person to define "rape" they would not define it as what Araiza did with the girl before the alleged gang rape happened.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

You have to decide which side you'd rather be wrong on. That's the side I chose. 

Or you can wait until the truth is known and not be wrong. That's the choice many of us are making.

Why do you feel forced to choose a side before you know the facts?

Interesting to see the same patterns of behavior in this thread emerge every 30-40 pages. Most people aren't actually reading the information in the thread, they just come to post their "original opinion" that has already been made 80-90x by other posters who haven't read anything beyond a headline. 

Cycle 1

"What a scumbag, I hate him"

Response "She said she consented to sex with him"

"He's going to jail, it doesn't matter if she consented, she was underage"

Response "It does matter if she said she was over 18"

"No it doesn't, you're a horrible person"

Response "it does, it's a legal defense"

"I don't believe you"

Response - posts something about mistake of age

"I still hate him and can't believe he's still on the team"

Then Cycle 2 repeats arguing about how much the Bills knew. 

Cycle 3 - Someone makes a comment about having to put up with this crap over a punter, then people argue about that.

Then we restart the whole thing again

Edited by ndirish1978
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, hemma said:

Maybe she was actually looking to have sex herself? You mean to tell me high school girls just like high school guys aren't all trying to get laid. I mean she did consent to sex so maybe she told him that because she was looking to actually have sex with someone at the party

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think she allegedly led people to believe she was in college. 

As a former college student, I definitely did not ID check other college students that I had sex with. 

No high schooler at a college party ever says they are in high school. Anyone whos been to those parties knows this.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, hemma said:

I don’t recall that anyone said this age declaration (or question) took place. Her side is saying she told them she was in HS. His side is saying she told people she went to Grossmont college. Her diary says she told them she went to Grossmont. Grossmont is the name of both an area HS and area college. 

Edited by YoloinOhio