Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

44 minutes ago, finn said:

I wish I were as confident as you about their motives. The reported information is pretty damning. The girl told a friend about the rape immediately and went to the police the next day. Does that sound like a false 

This take makes the most sense to me. I didn't understand why they cut Haack knowing this news was about to break. (I'm very skeptical that they believed Araiza, given the information we have.) Your explanation clears that up. Of course, now they're screwed. They really have no choice but to cut him. His abilities aren't worth the distraction, division, and bad press. Maybe Keenum can hold?

No, it sounds like she was likely raped. Not sure that’s really in dispute. What we don’t know is if araiza was one who raped her or was involved in the act in some way. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The only reason I can think of is that they did their own investigation and found Ariaza to be telling the truth about the situation.

That's why I don't think the Bills should be taking a hit with their image at this point.   If more come out that Ariaza was guilty, they will cut bait and issue a public statement about how they won't employee someone like that. 

Araiza’s lawyer when asked yesterday if charges are coming said 1 of the accused is in a different situation then Araiza. He said he’s confident Araiza won’t be charged.

I’m wondering if that person is the one that will eventually be charged. The best thing for Araiza is that charges are handed out to the other players. Many believe something happened, so if evidence points to the other players I think fans and media will move on.

18 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

That sounds fine, but I believe, that YOU are incorrect.

No, I am correct as I went on a California law website and pulled the specific law subset that pertains. But agree to disagree if you want who am I to judge you?

Edited by dje85

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

His attorney is an idiot. Like a real life idiot. The twitter attorney is right, he needs to find somebody more competent. 

""I don't know. I don't think it was before the draft," Armstrong said. "I'm almost certain it was after. Apparently I said that, so that was a mistake. But he was forthcoming with the Bills, but I don't think it was until after he was drafted because he didn't know that this was ever gonna go anywhere until the LA Times article came out, I think around, whatever it was, five or six weeks ago."

"Armstrong said it was his understanding that Araiza did not bring up the allegation to the Bills until the article was published.

"I don't know how quickly after that," Armstrong said. "But it was after that.""

8CFD813E-9711-4406-AA98-B6B75E3FECBE.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

My axe to grind is that there are zero people who are disputing whether this girl was gang raped for 90 minutes and a player on the Bills is involved at any level. At the baseline of facts that everybody agrees on, Matt Araiza had sex with a girl that was so drunk he needed to go help her lay down.

My axe to grind is that there are 121 pages of old men who don't believe (respect) women.

There is no agenda. And your insinuation that such a stance of believing women and not wanting that trash in my town or on my football team is disgusting. 

^^see my above statement...good luck.

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Because it’s extremely underreported, and rarely false accusations.  Sounds to me like the girl just went with the wrong lawyer.  She did however go to the police which would be pretty brazen for a young girl to do if she’s fabricating everything. When it comes to SA it’s probably best I’m not on any jury, I’ll agree with you on that one. 

But the fact remains that instances where sexual assault takes places but allegations aren’t brought forward at all occurs at a far higher rate often than false accusations are ever being made.  Never mind that barely anybody is ever found guilty of rape even in the rare instances that they do face charges.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/06/less-than-percent-rapes-lead-felony-convictions-least-percent-victims-face-emotional-physical-consequences/

https://www.nsvrc.org/statistics

The girl could be a rape victim (I believe she is) deserving of justice AND Araiza could still be innocent of the most serious allegations (no clue what to believe on this count.  Sounds like he was at minimum involved in undesirable behavior regardless of whether hes found innocent of criminal offense).  That is why we have a system of justice to sort these things out.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Yes and knowing there are false accusations I don't see you just clamoring leave the innocent guy alone   but let's wait for the facts to reveal which version of the events proves to be what actually occurred as much as can be proven in such a case.  Facts will likely at least make one version more credible than the other then you go from there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2018/10/06/less-than-percent-rapes-lead-felony-convictions-least-percent-victims-face-emotional-physical-consequences/

don’t worry, less than 1% of all rapes lead to convictions, your punter will be fine… the victims on the other hand are left with a lifetime of trauma

• Eyeroll 4

15 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Crafting hypotheticals for others and then outraging yourself at the conclusions is not a productive way to have a discussion.

Not a hypothetical at all. I was just summarizing and pointing out how incredibly stupid the “money grab” and “who knows what really happened” angles are.  I did so in a snarky way, but you of all people should appreciate that. 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

The girl could be a rape victim (I believe she is) deserving of justice AND Araiza could still be innocent of the most serious allegations (no clue what to believe on this count.  Sounds like he was at minimum involved in undesirable behavior regardless of whether hes found innocent of criminal offense).  That is why we have a system of justice to sort these things out.  

Yeah, criminal justice serves victims of sexual assault very well indeed.

Literally one of the the hardest crimes to prove in criminal court.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I am not sure people are arguing that was the plan. I think most people believe something happened that night but that the Araiza situation and the gang rape situation are not necessarily linked despite the civil suit claiming as such, but the civil suit was filed in July I believe after Araiza was drafted which aims to link the two events together. That is peoples doubt. Pulling Araiza into the civil suit to include someone with money.

Civil suit was filed yesterday.

Post intercourse, Plaintiff claims Arazia took her to a bedroom occupied by the former teammates and threw her face down on to the bed.  Have not heard whether or not someone is claiming this is not true.  It sounds like what happened next with respect to Arazia is unclear.  Was he in the room, did he watch and do nothing, did he participate or did he walk away?

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Not a hypothetical at all. I was just summarizing and pointing out how incredibly stupid the “money grab” and “who knows what really happened” angles are.  I did so in a snarky way, but you of all people should appreciate that. 

That was a highly dishonest summary of the post you replied to.  

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Exactly why there is usually a civil suit. A way to hold their attacker accountable when the justice system fails to do so.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

So you're advocating for extra judicial measures here?

Just now, BillsfaninSB said:

Civil suit was filed yesterday.

Post intercourse, Plaintiff claims Arazia took her to a bedroom occupied by the former teammates and threw her face down on to the bed.  Have not heard whether or not someone is claiming this is not true.  It sounds like what happened next with respect to Arazia is unclear.  Was he in the room, did he watch and do nothing, did he participate or did he walk away?

Her own diary entry that her lawyer posted on twitter contradicts almost all of those specifics. 

16 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I am not sure people are arguing that was the plan. I think most people believe something happened that night but that the Araiza situation and the gang rape situation are not necessarily linked despite the civil suit claiming as such, but the civil suit was filed in July I believe after Araiza was drafted which aims to link the two events together. That is peoples doubt. Pulling Araiza into the civil suit to include someone with money.

Wasn’t Araiza named in the criminal complaint filed the day after the alleged rape? 

34 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Dude, why the ***** are people making excuses for some nobody pos… fan base is extremely disappointing. Anybody wants to defend ***** like this doesn’t have a woman in there life they give any ***** about.

So we can all be as enraged as you are about his undeniable guilt...do us a favor...

1. Post the list of the eyewitnesses you interviewed please so we can get as in the know as you are on this case.
  2. Release the findings here of your full investigation into the matter, at least share all the notes you lent the police department and the Buffalo Bills when you assisted on the full investigation on this matter.
  3. Finally, kindly post the full timeline of all the events as they unfolded that you were able to corroborate as facts through your numerous eyewitness interviews and full investigation into the case.

Because until you do that...you don't know jack **** about what happened.  You read a story on the internet that doesn't have a fraction of all the facts involved with this situation and decided to judge everyone who didn't do join in on your tantrum to point fingers and say guilty before you had enough information to even form that opinion.  

And seriously, its not only childish, but totally ignorant and unacceptable for you to come on here and tell people who are willing to WAIT UNTIL ALL THE INFORMATION IS KNOWN before condemning someone that we don't have women in our lives we give a **** about.  I assure you I love my wife as much or more than anyone on here I would end someones life if they even attempted to harm her.  But I am also not ignorant and don't decide someone else is a monster before I know the actual substance and facts of a case.  

So respectfully...shut up with the character attacks on the fan base choosing to hear more info before forming an opinion.  You don't know any of us or our character.  And in this country, despite the internet keyboard culture we live in, you are still innocent until proven guilty.  And right now, he doesn't even have chargers against him let alone been proven to a willing participant in a gang rape.  

It's stances like yours that have led to this out of control cancel culture that is out of control.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7