Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah I didn't like that at all, biggest issue of this whole thing for me was how do you balance some very serious allegations with someone still having a presumption of innocence/right of due process.

Well.....

Presumption of innocence/due process  apply to legal procedures

As far as I know, no one has a "right of due process" or "presumption of innocence" where employment matters are concerned in the US of A, unless it's a union job and a collectively bargained right - and even then, it doesn't apply before you join the union.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh, Jesus!  Some people are just Sick *****.

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

To me it is reminiscent of the Bills getting blindsided (supposedly) pre draft of the infamous Josh Allen's posts.  You dont draft somebody 7th without a thorough background check of all social media.

Supposedly, Josh and his team had "scrubbed" his social media when he had hired an agent and considered declaring for the draft, I think he said the previous year.

Too late!

Candidates for leaking those tweets just before the draft (that I've heard) include the Buffalo Bills and the Arizona Cardinals.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I’m sure it took some restraint to walk out…..rather than RUNNING. 

This mess may be coming to a close (albeit slowly) for Bills fans, but it is just getting started elsewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

We don't need to hear about Bills character and culture anymore from Sean and Brandon after this. Hopefully they learned and know Buffalo don't want no one on our team with those types of allegations. This will linger for awhile but we can get back to focusing on a football...and may the young girl get justice.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

33 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well.....

Presumption of innocence/due process  apply to legal procedures

As far as I know, no one has a "right of due process" or "presumption of innocence" where employment matters are concerned in the US of A, unless it's a union job and a collectively bargained right - and even then, it doesn't apply before you join the union.

Social constructs are obviously not legally binding real things, the idea that you take both sides seriously in a situation with allegations like this is real and it is very difficult.

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Social constructs are obviously not legally binding real things, the idea that you take both sides seriously in a situation with allegations like this is real and it is very difficult.

I've said this elsewhere, but from a business perspective, "take both sides seriously with allegations like this" is purely fictious in a business context.

The business will do what it identifies as in its best business interest.  Always.

Just now, Beck Water said:

I've said this elsewhere, but from a business perspective, "take both sides seriously with allegations like this" is purely fictious in a business context.

The business will do what it identifies as in its best business interest.  Always.

Then why the hell was he still here when they found out about the accusations he's a *****  punter.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Then why the hell was he still here when they found out about the accusations he's a *****  punter.

Probably the only starting position player that could be cut. If you was the starting middle linebacker bet you dollars to Donuts that he would not be cut yet.

48 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Say what you want about the mistakes Sean & Bean may have made, they handled themselves with grace and courage and didn't shy away from criticism when they were in the spotlight. 

These two guys could have leaned a lot watching both of the Bills pressers.

It starts around 12:45

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBud17 said:

We don't need to hear about Bills character and culture anymore from Sean and Brandon after this. Hopefully they learned and know Buffalo don't want no one on our team with those types of allegations. This will linger for awhile but we can get back to focusing on a football...and may the young girl get justice.

I don't see it lingering at all.

• Agree 3

59 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Dan Gilleon is a piece...of something.

Social media has a lot to answer for but, let's be honest, his ridiculuous stance and not letting due process take place has no doubt resulted in the death threats against Araiza and his family. Not that should take responsibility away from those who have abused Araiza and his family or Gilleon.

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They were doing what they felt was in their best business interest at the time. As things developed, something changed and it was no longer in their best interest. 

5 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I don't see it lingering at all.

Probably not, but the media sure wants it to linger for a long time. 

7 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

OK have to ask.  Not going to try and read 276 pages to find it but believe

@SlimShady'sSpaceForce

commented that he's a bit busy with his day job preparing for the NASA moon launch to comment too much on this thread.

Just read the launch was canceled for today, do wonder if Two Bills Drive participation is the root cause of the delay??

No doubt it is. 🤣

54 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That's been a question under discussion, with several explanations given in addition to the one given by the Bills.

One explanation would be that the Bills expected the accusations to fade away. 

If you assess the lawyer and his client's motivation as being "money", it would be in his interest to keep things quiet (so Araiza would remain employed by the Bills) and settle with a non-disclosure.  And, apparently, in the usual course of things, victims and their attorneys are kept in the loop about criminal charges and civil suits are filed after it's clear there will be no criminal charges for *reasons* (I feel certain attorneys will correct me if I'm mistaken).

It might also be the right thing to do (less sure about that) for the employer to pay him no attention, because "your employer doesn't like this at all and will fire your ass if you don't settle pronto" would be leverage for the plaintiff's lawyer to force a settlement.

Unfortunately for the Bills, I think the plaintiff and her family may be more interested in consequences - like Araiza NOT going on to kick in the NFL while she's still struggling to piece her life together, and having a tool to "discover" information out of the SDPD and maybe elicit criminal charges.

I also think this particular attorney has the character and predictability of a rabies-infected raccoon.  I want to irrigate my eardrums after listening to him and cleanse my glasses after reading his tweets.  Sympathetic to the victim, think her attorney is one skeavy puttock

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBud17 said:

The victim just spoke out in the media. I'm sure at least next few press conference McDermott going to get more questions. 

Link?

Edited by Beck Water

46 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Because the Bills have way more information than they will ever make public.  Unfortunately, even if the Bills are convinced Araiza will be exonerated,  they could no longer fight the public backlash.

• Like (+1) 1