Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBud17 said:

The victim just spoke out in the media. I'm sure at least next few press conference McDermott going to get more questions. 

Maybe, but so what? He'll answer questions about a former player and then the questions will turn back to football.

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Say what you want about the mistakes Sean & Bean may have made, they handled themselves with grace and courage and didn't shy away from criticism when they were in the spotlight. 

These two guys could have leaned a lot watching both of the Bills pressers.

It starts around 12:45

It’s because SDSU covered it up.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

Time to shut down this thread and move on from Araiza. 

278 pages is enough. Cmon admins!

What's to prevent you from ignoring the thread?  What if other board members still want to discuss the topic?  Does that bother you?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Then why the hell was he still here when they found out about the accusations he's a *****  punter.

Because they investigated and found little merit in the accusations and figured it would blow over.  Then when it broke nationally because of the civil suit, the distraction was too great to warrant keeping him.  

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Some info from MAs criminal defense attorney. Not much that hasn't already been said in this thread, but perhaps some additional clarification regarding his defense.

https://youtu.be/5K1oHovl--s

Sounds like Araiza is saying he had consensual sex on the side of the house with a girl he thought was 18.  If that is the case, it is understandable why the DA is not bringing charges.  How exactly could the DA prove otherwise?  People having sex at a college party is pretty normal.  A 17 year old or even a 16 year old lying in order to get into a party is pretty normal as well.   As for the rape, it sounds like Araiza was not involved in any sex in the house.  If that is the case, wish him the best of luck next year in the NFL.  This is a business though and the Bills did the right thing for the Bills.

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s because SDSU covered it up.

I though the same too originally, however I now realize SDSU really could not do anything. It is up to the police and the DA.  I am sure the school was given legal advice.  Duke University damaged their reputation and had to pay out a fortune because of how they acted.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Sounds like Araiza is saying he had consensual sex on the side of the house with a girl he thought was 18.  If that is the case, it is understandable why the DA is not bringing charges.  How exactly could the DA prove otherwise?  People having sex at a college party is pretty normal.  A 17 year old or even a 16 year old lying in order to get into a party is pretty normal as well.   As for the rape, it sounds like Araiza was not involved in any sex in the house.  If that is the case, wish him the best of luck next year in the NFL.  This is a business though and the Bills did the right thing for the Bills.

If she had friends there who say what Araiza’s lawyer is saying then it should be pretty easy to prove provided the friends cooperate. Which may explain why it took the police so long to submit anything to the DA. This willl unfortunately drag out until charges are filed and the civil suit is heard in court.  If no charge is filed against Araiza I would hope all these media talking head’s would come back around and report that. If Araiza is not guilty I feel bad for him, but if he had any knowledge of what happened then he deserves to be punished. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

I though the same too originally, however I now realize SDSU really could not do anything. It is up to the police and the DA.  I am sure the school was given legal advice.  Duke University damaged their reputation and had to pay out a fortune because of how they acted.  

The question is whether he had anything to do with delivering her to his teammates or not. In other words, was he an upperclassmen getting a girl for the freshmen on the team?

He says absolutely not. She says the guy she had sex with outside brought her in the house. 

The police investigated for 9 months and called their investigation very "complex."

The DA is reviewing the case, and any claim that a choice was made not to charge is total conjecture. We just don't know. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

The question is whether he had anything to do with delivering her to his teammates or not. In other words, was he an upperclassmen getting a girl for the freshmen on the team?

He says absolutely not. She says the guy she had sex with outside brought her in the house. 

The police investigated for 9 months and called their investigation very "complex."

The DA is reviewing the case, and any claim that a choice was made not to charge is total conjecture. We just don't know. 

It is he said vs she said.  Any police officer or DA knows this is just a waste of time. They need evidence.  Anyway, if he did bring her in the house (he says he didn't) he is not responsible for what other people do.  If I bring a friend into a party and he does something illegal, the law does not make me responsible for what he does.  

Just now, Bills2022 said:

It is he said vs she said.  Any police officer or DA knows this is just a waste of time. They need evidence.  Anyway, if he did bring her in the house (he says he didn't) he is not responsible for what other people do.  If I bring a friend into a party and he does something illegal, the law does not make me responsible for what he does.  

Sure. But if you bring a girl you just had sex with into a bedroom and throw her on a bed where your friends are waiting and they sexually assault her, that's a very different set of circumstances. 

6 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

I think SDSU will be looking for a new coach and AD before the season ends. 

Could be. 

2 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

I think SDSU will be looking for a new coach and AD before the season ends. 

Most everything I've read suggests rumors were significant at SDSU after this incident, mostly if not all coming via anonymous tip lines. As a result, SDSU brought in a consultant that survived a gang rape, to speak to the men's football team and others at SDSU. Should they have backed off their investigations so, as they claim, the SDPD could investigate without their interference? Seems to me they shouldn't have. But that's just me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

It is he said vs she said.  Any police officer or DA knows this is just a waste of time. They need evidence. 

Just a thought:

Police officials said that since the sexual assault was reported, the department has made the investigation a priority.

More than 20 investigative personnel worked on the case, resulting in nearly 200 hours of overtime, said police spokesperson Lt. Adam Sharki. Detectives obtained and executed 10 search warrants, interviewed multiple witnesses, examined physical evidence, and reviewed more than three terabytes of digital evidence, he added.  No further information about the evidence or suspects was released, and no one has been arrested.

If they executed 10 search warrants and reviewed 3 TB of digital evidence, it's just possible that this is not he said vs she said, and they have evidence.

21 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Anyway, if he did bring her in the house (he says he didn't) he is not responsible for what other people do.  If I bring a friend into a party and he does something illegal, the law does not make me responsible for what he does. 

Legally, If he gave her a drugged drink (and she may have had traces in her system the next day) then brought her in the house where 3 of his friends raped her, I believe that would make him an accessory.  Might even without the drug.

Morally, if someone you just had sex with is now acting pretty damned drunk, you should find their friends to get them home safe, not see them into a house with a bunch of drunk dudes, shrug your shoulders, and say "not responsible for what happens next."  Decent guys oughtta #### block rapists, not enable them.

I mean C'mon Man! If that were your sister or daughter or close female friend, what the ***** would you want someone you know to do?  Shrug and say "Law does not make me responsible"?   Pansy-ass cop out IMHO.

Edited by Beck Water

6 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Sure. But if you bring a girl you just had sex with into a bedroom and throw her on a bed where your friends are waiting and they sexually assault her, that's a very different set of circumstances. 

You want us to believe he had sex with her outside and then he brought her into the house and threw her on a bed for his friends?

I would have no problem believing he brought her inside and he was part of a gang rape.  That is plausible.  But I have never heard of a guy who finished having sex with a girl and then had his friend's sex life in mind. lol

20 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

At the very least, I think it would be tough to convince a jury to convict Araiza for what others did afterward...which may be why no charges have been filed against him yet.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Some info from MAs criminal defense attorney. Not much that hasn't already been said in this thread, but perhaps some additional clarification regarding his defense.

https://youtu.be/5K1oHovl--s

This is the kind of info we should have waited for. Instead of 278 pages of nonsense, bull####. From random online know it alls, garbage reports, from pieced together garbage headlines.  I dont know what will happen with Matt, but instantly saying hes guilty, and saying he had sex with a 17 year, "oh hes done", "his life is over" "what a scumbag" ive even read someone call him a "creeper" as if he preyed on young girls or something.  Bunch of high horse riding, church goers who hide their past behind a computer screen.

This lawyer made a few statements that should make alot of you embarassed and rethink your Bedroom law degrees! Passing on judgement on people and topics

you know nothing about.

Edited by billsfan3482
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Just a thought:

If they executed 10 search warrants and reviewed 3 TB of digital evidence, it's just possible that this is not he said vs she said, and they have evidence.

A guy said she told everyone she was 18.  A guy said it was consensual.  She said it was not consensual.  That is what he said vs she said means.  The Police and DA then have to do all the work and frequently it is still exactly where it started.  A he said vs she said.