Matt Araiza accused of rape, served with a lawsuit.

bill8164

12 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

I'm not entirely sure that’s a defense that holds up. It’s not apples to apples but you can’t claim you didn’t know the speed limit was 35 as a defense for driving 50 even if it’s true. 

Rob Lowe picked up two girls in a bar and brought them back to a hotel assuming they were at least 21. Turned out they were 16, he went to jail. 

he did not go to jail. Not even charged. Met the girls in a club and age of consent was 14

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

I'm not entirely sure that’s a defense that holds up. It’s not apples to apples but you can’t claim you didn’t know the speed limit was 35 as a defense for driving 50 even if it’s true. 

Rob Lowe picked up two girls in a bar and brought them back to a hotel assuming they were at least 21. Turned out they were 16, he went to jail. 

I think you’re memory is fuzzy. One girl was 16, the other of legal age and Lowe settled the case and was never even charged let alone went to jail.

3 minutes ago, muppy said:

SMH......current news report headline "SDSU says police told them not to investigate"....spin spin spin in your favor get that spin out yo

smh

cbs8.com

The SD police department says they asked SDSU not to investigate, so not sure what your point is?  "Department" in context below is the SDPD.

Within two weeks of the girl reporting the matter to police, the department sent San Diego State a letter formally asking officials to hold off on an internal inquiry for fear it could compromise the criminal investigation. Police on Thursday said that by doing that, the school helped ensure the integrity of the “very complex criminal case.”

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean you wouldn't necessarily want two investigations smashing into each other.

thats fair but it just came off to me that SDSU was/ are trying to distance themselves from any culpability........and you may be right that rightfully so let the police do their job. And now it is this huge mess because thy apparently allegedly dropped the ball on that investigation

18 minutes ago, muppy said:

SMH......current news report headline "SDSU says police told them not to investigate"....spin spin spin in your favor get that spin out yo

smh

cbs8.com

The case was off campus in their jurisdiction.

ifyou have two different groups investigating will muddy the waters on investigating this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, napmaster said:

Because the Bills have way more information than they will ever make public.  Unfortunately, even if the Bills are convinced Araiza will be exonerated,  they could no longer fight the public backlash.

I think there's more to the Bills decision than fear of public backlash.  I think it's going to drag on through the season, and be divisive in the locker room even if social media gets wiped off the planet tomorrow and the media is milquetoast.  Look at how divided we are here.  The locker room probably has a similar diversity of views.

But that's just me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, muppy said:

thats fair but it just came off to me that SDSU was/ are trying to distance themselves from any culpability........and you may be right that rightfully so let the police do their job. And now it is this huge mess because thy apparently allegedly dropped the ball on that investigation

It's possible that the police dropped the ball. When the civil case and lawsuit came out, it prompted the police and DA to do a little CYA....

All speculation on my part. 

Or the police simply never had enough for criminal charges.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wppete said:

You know he did admit to having  sex with a minor? No coming. Ack from that. 

There is in California where ‘mistake of age’ is a valid defense (that’s not true in every state) her diary says ‘told him I went to grossmont’ which is a college and a high school and his lawyer will argue it was a college party and all she said was ‘grossmont’ and conclude that he doesnt think anyone reasonably would’ve asked if she meant the high school. Probably would hold up in a criminal case…civil case he’ll likely settle. 

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think there's more to the Bills decision than fear of public backlash.  I think it's going to drag on through the season, and be divisive in the locker room even if social media gets wiped off the planet tomorrow and the media is milquetoast.  Look at how divided we are here.  The locker room probably has a similar diversity of views.

But that's just me.

I guarantee every single one of these guys has been on a team with a distraction like this. It’s nothing new 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

It's possible that the police dropped the ball. When the civil case and lawsuit came out, it prompted the police and DA to do a little CYA....

yep ......you are absolutely Right. Good post both points well taken

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The case was turned over to the DA's office August 5th - 3 weeks before the civil suit was filed.

DA has yet to announce a decision on charges. 

Says they are still under consideration with no timeline for a decision.

People are assuming there won't be charges because usually a civil suit is filed only after such a decision, but the lawyer seems....unconventional

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I guarantee every single one of these guys has been on a team with a distraction like this. It’s nothing new 

Dear Sweet Jesus Saviour I do hope you're mistaken

Edited by Beck Water

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Yeah most of the players are probably over it already or didn’t care to begin with. Football is a job, plenty just wanna work and go home like the rest of us. 

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The case was turned over to the DA's office August 5th - 3 weeks before the civil suit was filed.

DA has yet to announce a decision on charges. 

Says they are still under consideration with no timeline for a decision.

People are assuming there won't be charges because usually a civil suit is filed only after such a decision, but the lawyer seems....unconventional

Dear Sweet Jesus Saviour I do hope you're mistaken

I don’t mean rape specifically but scandals in general. Every team has them. 

32 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Social media has turned the majority into robots. You can see it all over. And definitely see them in this thread repeatedly. Not even a thought questioning the accuracy or truth to things. Just a flashy clickbait headline and boom people have facts to be angry over. I can’t even tell you how many times in the last 3 days I have seen quotes from the lawsuit posted as straight facts. Zero thought behind it. Even when explained in a polite manner it flies so far over heads they don’t even see it. Alleged, as the lawsuit stated, from the suit, all completely glanced over and not even included in a few “news” articles I read. And then you have to be a rape supporter I guess if you don’t have him found guilty already. 

I was actually impressed with GMFB this morning.  They spoke about the seriousness and horrific nature of the allegations, but actually stated Araiza’s denial and left open the option that he could be innocent. 

That’s far more context than most Bills reporters, WGR personalities, podcasters and prominent fan twitter accounts like the Bills Mafia Babes & Brother Bill have given.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, SCBills said:

I was actually impressed with GMFB this morning.  They spoke about the seriousness and horrific nature of the allegations, but actually stated Araiza’s denial and left open the option that he could be innocent. 

That’s far more context than most Bills reporters, WGR personalities, podcasters and prominent fan twitter accounts like the Bills Mafia Babes & Brother Bill have given.  

I didn’t watch it but yeah that sounds very different from anything I’ve seen.