Haack and Austin Cut per WGR

boyst

41 minutes ago, sir andrew said:

Confirmed on the Bills FB page.  Kinda surprised it took this long for Haack. 

We know Araiza has the leg for the long punts and that's great. But, has he demonstrated that he also has the touch for pinning a team deep? I'm not sold on releasing Haack is a good thing. At least not yet.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Damn…. The way fans were talking about Austin just a few weeks ago I thought Allen was going to make him an all pro. 😅

Pads came on and his disappeared. Bills let him run his commercial during the end of the game Saturday. Hopefully that earns him another look on a team who can use a decent PR and vet presence in the WR room. The Bills isn’t that team this year.

34 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

The Bills app sent a notification saying team released 2 players including a punter.

I just downloaded the Bills app Saturday and I just saw the notification! :)

34 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Can you imagine the epic troll job that would have been had they cut Araiza? 

😂

I hope Haack doesn't get called up by another team and just pulls a 'George Costanza' and shows up at the airport on Thursday as if he was never let go. 

Can you see him looking at McDermott with a baffled expression of 'whaaat'? That? I wasn't even trying to punt good. I was just warming up for the Rams game. Didn't want to pull a hammy before the opener.  Sooo, is there a window seat available seat up front?'

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

We know Araiza has the leg for the long punts and that's great. But, has he demonstrated that he also has the touch for pinning a team deep? I'm not sold on releasing Haack is a good thing. At least not yet.  

All they really needed to see if he was a reliable holder or not. His talent is too extreme not to allow him to work on that other stuff! Our offense and defense and even special teams coverage is so great we can afford to be patient with a generational talent at Punter.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

I hope Haack doesn't get called up by another team and just pulls a 'George Costanza' and shows up at the airport on Thursday as if he was never let go. 

Can you see him looking at McDermott with a baffled expression of 'whaaat'? That? I wasn't even trying to punt good. I was just warming up for the Rams game. Didn't want to pull a hammy before the opener.  Sooo, is there a window seat available seat up front?'

Q: "Who's the fellow up front with the wheel chair, pre boarding?  Two baggage handlers just carried him up the boarding ramp."

A: "Haack, just being cautious..."

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Whatever happened to T Austin?  I lost track of his career but I remember him being a highly praised top receiver coming into the draft back in 13 or 14.  Was he injured or did he jst kind of flame out ?

Kind of both.  The Lambs in '13-'15 had some Baaaa aaaaa aaaaad offenses for different reasons.  Austin did kind of a Watkins/Zay Jones flameout when he had opportunities his first couple years (a lot of dropped passes).  They had a couple of years of horrible offense in which everyone looked bad. Then Austin started to get injured a lot.

John Brown had a more productive career, but at his start in AZ he had a real NFL QB (Carson Palmer) in a real NFL offense led by Bruce Arians and a real NFL #1 (Larry Fitzgerald) playing ahead of him and teaching him the ropes.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Haack put two perfect kicks on tape in the preseason and applied needed pressure on Araiza. Hopefully he’s picked up and the organization looks good for helping out both kickers.  The front office realizes Araiza could literally cost us a game or two this year, but it’s worth the risk for the potential rewards over the next decade. 

Edited by Charles Romes

6 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Haack put two perfect kicks on tape in the preseason and applied needed pressure on Araiza. Hopefully he’s picked up and the organization looks good for helping out both kickers.  The front office realizes Araiza could literally cost us a game or two this year, but it’s worth the risk for the potential rewards over the next decade. 

How do you figure Araiza could "literally cost us a game or two" this year?

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

Did you watch the Jests game this past Jan.?

Most of us were 'sold' on releasing Haack BEFORE this game.  Yet you are still unsure?? 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

1.  We have different definitions of "Perfect"

2.  The front office realizes Araiza would literally win us a game or two by flipping field position at the right time.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

I’m guessing he’s demonstrated he can do it in practice week after week. It’s not difficult to simulate. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.