Dawson Knox brother Luke passes away

BillsFanNC

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Has any information regarding cause of death been reported anywhere?

I can't find anything.

Still don’t understand how a healthy young elite athlete dies suddenly at the age of 22 and no one is asking why and how??? It’s perplexing.  Does the family know? What about the school? RIP young man and hope we learn something and don’t allow this to happen again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Has any information regarding cause of death been reported anywhere?

I can't find anything.

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Still don’t understand how a healthy young elite athlete dies suddenly at the age of 22 and no one is asking why and how??? It’s perplexing.  Does the family know? What about the school? RIP young man and hope we learn something and don’t allow this to happen again. 

I believe they asked for privacy, and I’m inclined to give them just that. There would appear to be a short list of likely possibilities, but I don’t need to know. It won’t change anything and it won’t bring him back. Just like when Kim Pegula was ill, details are none of my business unless they want to share. Being a public figure is not all-encompassing. I just hope they can find peace in time. Losing a child is absolutely devastating. 

But maybe that’s just me…..

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

I assume it had something to do with pediatric cancer, maybe he is a survivor.  I for one really dont have any need to know, if they want to disclose it fine, they have suffered enough. They dont have a need to satisfy our curiosity, after all his brother was a "civilian".

16 minutes ago, wppete said:

There's a pretty short list of possibilities

I'm sure a lot of people are asking "why?" and "how?" but the family has requested privacy so that should be respected

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I assume it had something to do with pediatric cancer, maybe he is a survivor.  I for one really dont have any need to know, if they want to disclose it fine, they have suffered enough. They dont have a need to satisfy our curiosity, after all his brother was a "civilian".

I highly doubt they would hide the reason if it was any type of cancer. I’m pretty sure they’d make a cause of it and point funds in the direction of finding a cure. It’s much for likely to be an overdose than cancer imo

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

I highly doubt they would hide the reason if it was any type of cancer. I’m pretty sure they’d make a cause of it and point funds in the direction of finding a cure. It’s much for likely to be an overdose than cancer imo

Have been reading up local news and it wasn’t cancer it was a sudden death over night and family doesn’t know why. Pretty shocking and sad. RIP young man. Dawson is a high character guy and I’m sure if there is any info that would help others in a similar situation he would speak and  give info the community. 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

I believe they asked for privacy, and I’m inclined to give them just that. There would appear to be a short list of likely possibilities, but I don’t need to know. It won’t change anything and it won’t bring him back. Just like when Kim Pegula was ill, details are none of my business unless they want to share. Being a public figure is not all-encompassing. I just hope they can find peace in time. Losing a child is absolutely devastating. 

But maybe that’s just me…..

Yup and I like you believe it should be respected. So many that don't though and someone will find out somehow and then the family may have to re-live it 

14 minutes ago, wppete said:

I don't see why they wouldn't......

• Thank you (+1) 1

SMH athletes succumb to death as will we all. Their family, their grief, their mourning and this new normal in their lives , dealing with it should trump any of our curiosities.  Also Their timeline as to how/when to disclose anything If ever

No matter what it was its freaking sad for family and friends. What a lovely positive tribute by our fanbase. WE ROCK

m

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, muppy said:

SMH athletes succumb to death as will we all. Their family, their grief, their mourning and this new normal in their lives , dealing with it should trump any of our curiosities.  Also Their timeline as to how/when to disclose anything If ever

No matter what it was its freaking sad for family and friends. What a lovely positive tribute by our fanbase. WE ROCK

m

It simply isn’t normal for a young fit kid to drop dead at 22. So when it happens of course people want to know why. When it’s kept secret it seems odd. People don’t normally hide cause of death if it was some ailment. Not sure how disclosing an ailment would bring further grief. There is a short list of causes of death that would bring further grief if made public. We all know what those are.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

It simply isn’t normal for a young fit kid to drop dead at 22. So when it happens of course people want to know why. When it’s kept secret it seems odd. People don’t normally hide cause of death if it was some ailment. Not sure how disclosing an ailment would bring further grief. There is a short list of causes of death that would bring further grief if made public. We all know what those are.

I have enough people I know or were two degrees away from that died of overdose or suicide around that age. 99% chance it was one of those. If the family doesn't want to release details then that is their choice. 

I have a close childhood friend that died of suicide and even years later I don't know any details about it or even how he did it. It bothers me but I also respect the family's choice. Imagine at a public level. 

20 minutes ago, StHustle said:

It's possible that the family does not know and/or does not know yet.

5 years ago the brother of one of my kid's HS schoolmates died suddenly at Penn State.  Found dead in his apartment.      There were all kinds of rumors swirling but, someone very close to the family chose me to vent at and per this family friend, the family literally did not know the cause of death.  No visible signs of trauma, no cardiac abnormalities on autopsy, nothing on the toxicology screen.

It was very painful to the family because of the rumors that swirled about drug overdose or suicide, but if it was a drug they literally could not find it.  Wealthy family, and paid for broader than normal toxicology screens and hair analysis.  Nada.

39 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Common sense right right here 👆

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.