Dawson Knox brother Luke passes away

BillsFanNC

I’m so sorry for Dawson and his family.  To lose a 23 yr. Would be heart wrenching.  I have three kids, my oldest is 23.  We are so close and couldn’t imagine being able to function of I lost any one of them.  A father should never have to bury one of their children.

Unfortunately, working in medicine, I get these notices every once in awhile as my last role was helping epilepsy patients and they have occasional deaths like this at sometimes a young age.

Whatever happened, and I don’t need to know as that is personal, one can just hope is was not a painful loss, but something where he is at peace.

Prayers to the Knox family.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Einstein said:

For all those with the expendable income to do so, I encourage you to set-up an automatic monthly donation to a charity that you believe in. It is much better than donating a random jersey number amount every once in a while when someone you do not know passes away. It allows the charity to better budget for the year when they have auto-donations coming in. For example, I auto-donate to Feeding America every month, as I believe no child should ever be hungry, regardless of their situation.

No reason not to do both. Hopefully most people do make some regular donations of whatever amount they can afford to either charities they care about or an umbrella group like United Way (many companies have United Way campaigns to encourage their employees to give through payroll deductions). In addition, when tragedies happen, be it an earthquake somewhere or a family member of a stranger that we care about as fans of what they do, it's great to do that one time donation for a specific cause related to that event or that person.

1 hour ago, DRsGhost said:

Ugh.  Prayers to the family.  It's horrible not knowing.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Makes me think, bear in mind I have no qualifications at all, that the cause of death isn't readily apparent.

Agree on both points.

50 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m so sorry for Dawson and his family.  To lose a 23 yr. Would be heart wrenching.  I have three kids, my oldest is 23.  We are so close and couldn’t imagine being able to function of I lost any one of them.  A father should never have to bury one of their children.

Unfortunately, working in medicine, I get these notices every once in awhile as my last role was helping epilepsy patients and they have occasional deaths like this at sometimes a young age.

Whatever happened, and I don’t need to know as that is personal, one can just hope is was not a painful loss, but something where he is at peace.

Prayers to the Knox family.

Yes, 22 is my own kid's age.  Just horrible.

• Agree 1

This breaks my heart, my condolences and love goes out to Dawson and his family.

I have too many loved ones I’ve lost way to early in life like my father at 18.  It’s hard losing a loved one at any time in life, but even more devastating when it’s way too soon.

I just lost a friend this past Friday in his 30’s and my wife’s grandmother passed away same day.  And that was the day after my friends birthday who died 13 months ago from COVID complications.  

And that was all a month to the day my other friend died that was a wife and mother of 3 beautiful babies under 3 years old.

Its so tragic when we see young lives leave this earth too early.  Life has a tragic way of reminding us tomorrow isn’t promised.  

Which is why…don’t hold grudges, don’t hold on to trivial things, don’t forget to call that friend or loved one you haven’t spoken to in a while…don’t wait to tell someone you’re sorry…don’t wait to tell someone how you feel…don’t wait to experience life…don’t make excuses to not go see family…don’t wait to try something new or pursue a dream.  

Live, love, and experience life, it’s the only one you got for as long as you got it and never forget…tomorrow isn’t promised… so don’t take time for granted.  

RIP Luke Knox, this seasons for you!  Go Bills!!!

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

31 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

So sad.  As a fan, one cannot help but be curious why such a young man is no longer with us.  It's ard to balance that against the family's need for privacy, but I respect that the need is real.

It sounds as though they may not yet know

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.