Stadium Renderings are here!!!

Steel City Mafia

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What the issue is certain local groups want to get paid off so they are wrenching the works. It's the worst part about WNY. Everyone lines up at the $$$$ trough.

There is an NDA in place during negotiations, but I can guarantee that the CBA and what is being asked for, is the hold up in the deal being finalized.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There is a deadline this week on something involving the stadium deal. So we’ll get some news.

Poloncarz was on the news last week, saying that it is not a firm deadline, and if it takes longer, then...

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, without a drought said:

I'm going back to thinking that they should just put a giant tent over the entire existing stadium and concourses, plus room for food and other vendors and additional restrooms.

The protected stadium would last another 50 years out of the elements and it would save mils.

I mean, that's essentially what Sofi stadium is...

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

It doesn’t take this long to design a sports stadium. I’m guessing there’s a lot of construction budget and project funding talk going on behind the scenes, and until those variables are set in stone, all renderings are going remain under wraps. 

Funding long done, community involvement clause being worked on ..AKA who getting tribute...until that done, no renderings

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

Funding long done, community involvement clause being worked on ..AKA who getting tribute...until that done, no renderings

A common misconception. The overall funding is set, but that doesn’t mean the categories within the funding are set in stone. In construction projects there’s a difference between budget and costs. I deal in many projects where after the design is set, the Public Agency comes in and says ‘we want to implement a LCP’….commonly known as a Labor Compliance Program. This means there’s a unique requirement for labor unions etc to get the lions share, if not all of the work. At that point we tell the Client “so what do you want to cut out of your project to pay for your increased labor costs”.

• Haha (+1) 1