Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

It would take some big balls to start Levi in the most important game the Sabres have played in granato’s time here, but I could totally see it happening.

Itll be interesting to see if he goes with the rookie or more experience. Anderson still seems to be hurt so I think we can rule him out.

UPL and Comrie are splitting the other net. Not sure how to interpret this. I’m leaning toward thinking Levi is starting.

Seems like starting QB's reps in football.

4 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

It would take some big balls to start Levi in the most important game the Sabres have played in granato’s time here, but I could totally see it happening.

Itll be interesting to see if he goes with the rookie or more experience. Anderson still seems to be hurt so I think we can rule him out.

UPL and Comrie are splitting the other net. Not sure how to interpret this. I’m leaning toward thinking Levi is starting.

Rather give the kid his Cinderella story...

Anybody DVR Levi's first start against the Rangers BTW?

14 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

If Granato had wanted to “protect” Levi he’d have waited to start him against Philly, not the Rangers.  Of course he’ll be in net tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Biggest game in the last decade tonight? 

No doubt. Looks like Levi is starting and Tage is back, so let's go get this one. Huge swing in playoff % riding on this game. If Sabres win in regulation they go up 10%, if Panthers lose in regulation they drop over 20%.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

No doubt. Looks like Levi is starting and Tage is back, so let's go get this one. Huge swing in playoff % riding on this game. If Sabres win in regulation they go up 10%, if Panthers lose in regulation they drop over 20%.

It feels great having a meaningful hockey game in April, it's been way too long! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

balls to the walls boys. the most disappointing thing would be to see a lackluster effort from the team tonight. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, zevo said:

balls to the walls boys. the most disappointing thing would be to see a lackluster effort from the team tonight. 

perish the thought. The chances of that I think are pretty low. I expect at the minimum a good effort.

And while our new goalie will be tested in the net and sometimes get beat I think his mental outlook seems very healthy and strong and he has a lot of friends, family and team support. . How senor Levi will respond after a game where he gets punched in the mouth  I want to pay attention to That.

I think it is perfect that he sports #27 the same number as Tre White.  He needs to have a VERY short memory aka the cornerbacks mentality. yep.

Hoping for the best tonight. 

GO SABRES

💙💛💙

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Agreed. I think it's Levi. I think part of his decision will be how good the team played in front of him, particularly in the first 2 periods. Defensively, that 1st period was a ting of beauty. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Levi is the confirmed starter! 

Pens play the Devils now too so I'll be keeping an eye on that score. I just hope the Devils don't bail because they've already clinched the post-season.

What a weak call that led to the panthers goal. 5 penalties called in the first alone, 3 on the Sabres. And I thought that missed slash on Jost was more of a penalty than 2 of the 3 called against Buffalo. Plus the one BS penalty likely took a Sabres goal off the board too.

I hope this officiating isn’t what the 2nd and 3rd are going to be like.

Panthers 3rd string goalie (Lyon?) looks shaky. Sabres need to shoot as many pucks as they can at him!

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Process said:

Pathetic effort so far in the third. 

They’ve made a little push here toward the end but they are Quickly running out of time here and now they just took a penalty with 2:30 left. Ouch. 🤬

i thought that was a pretty damn weak holding call though.

Edited by BillsFan4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.