Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

We need to make this line ASAP

Skinner-Tage-Tuch

Power AND Dahlin:wub:

Levi

Certainly that is putting your top line and best D on the ice all at once. They're not going to combine Power and Dahlin, however. If each is anchoring a top 4 pair, eventually it should become practically a cheat code where the majority of ice time is covered by a dominant defensive pair. The kid's line of Peterka, Cozens, and Quinn is going to be like having a second top line soon. They all progressed this year with some lulls. KA got a lot of grief for the Quinn pick. He could be their best forward in the near future. Granato saved Thompson's career putting him at C. I wouldn't trade Thompson for Eichel straight up. We killed that trade. Tuch is a heart-and-soul guy. Krebs has become that feisty irritant no one wants to play against. I think we hit on all of our first picks last year. Savoie is tearing it up. Ostlund is the best of his peers on his Swedish league team. Kulich is a force at Rochester at eighteen. His Czech teammate Rousek should slide right in to the bottom six when Okposo retires. They're honestly just loaded with forward prospects, though light on young defensemen. If Ryan Johnson signs, that will help. Either way, the future at last is very bright after a dozen years in the wilderness.

• Awesome! (+1) 4

5 hours ago, muppy said:

I am very happy I watched the game last night. I saw what you all saw. If he had known where the puck was the Rangers would never have scored their second goal

and they've have won in regulation. The Ranger snuck that puck right through his Levis'  5-hole...Cover your 5-hole Levi!  😁

I type this feeling  a bit giddy from reading this thread. The joy and celebration is palpable

You can all now say "Yep, I saw Levis' first NHL start. Brilliant I say BRILLIANT!

PS: Levi 27. Tre White #27.   Goalie Academy? lol Just a random thought

cheers mateys!

m

Or if there had been a whistle like there usually is...

Anyway, he looked as good as I thought he would.  If he keeps it up, he never leaves the Sabres.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Or if there had been a whistle like there usually is...

Anyway, he looked as good as I thought he would.  If he keeps it up, he never leaves the Sabres.

great point Doc. If the referees cannot see the puck a whistle should have sounded correct? The rules are coming back to me slowly but surely

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, T&C said:

Hate to be the one to bring it up but... we're Bruins fans this afternoon. I'm not going to watch but I'll check on the score when I have time.

Bruins win in regulation.  On life support, but to be alive in April is a huge step forward.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

We're one win in Sunrise, Florida away from making this really quite interesting and fun.

I have to believe the kid will be in net, too.  Should be a great game.

He'll definitely be in net.  And it's the team that traded him so he'll have extra motivation to bring his A game.

• Like (+1) 1

a full action packed next couple of days in the sports world. NCAA Final on Monday and the Sabres  game on Tuesday.

I like this kid a lot already. he has hockey skills which are only going to get better. Iron sharpens Iron.  He WANTS the hard one timer shots.

Atta boy Devon

Devon Levi is a Great name. What is the over under on me typing Levon at some point. I'm getting my swear errrr brain foo foo Jar ready. $50.00 a mistake. That oughta keep me straight Im CHEAP

lol

GO SABRES!~!~!!

💙💛💙 

• Like (+1) 2

Isles another loss in regulation yesterday.  Sabres have a tough schedule remaining and I think they need 11 out of the possible 14 points to grab a WC spot.  That would give them 92.

Absolute playoff game tomorrow night in Florida -- although at this point they really all are.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Isles another loss in regulation yesterday.  Sabres have a tough schedule remaining and I think they need 11 out of the possible 14 points to grab a WC spot.  That would give them 92.

Absolute playoff game tomorrow night in Florida -- although at this point they really all are.

Does Meatball put Levi in to face the team that traded him? 🤨

Edited by The Jokeman

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Does Meatball put Levi in to face the team that traded him? 🤨

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Yes, because he's the best goalie on the team.

It would take some big balls to start Levi in the most important game the Sabres have played in granato’s time here, but I could totally see it happening.

Itll be interesting to see if he goes with the rookie or more experience. Anderson still seems to be hurt so I think we can rule him out.

UPL and Comrie are splitting the other net. Not sure how to interpret this. I’m leaning toward thinking Levi is starting.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.