Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Quinn and Peterka got their asses kicked all over the ice last year in the AHL playoff run.  I get the need for veterans in the AHL locker room but I am amazed that some guys carve out careers in the A.  The pay is not very attractive.

You can actually live on an veteran AHL deal. It's not the worst life, playing a sport for money. European leagues pay even better.

Looking at the Philadelphia 76ers new arena designs tonight is the Buffalo Sabres Key Bank Center even renovation able anymore? Look at where our Buffalo Sabres team store is now the whole atrium would have to be repurposed for open daily business to everyday foot traffic even when Buffalo Sabres games or events aren’t going on. The whole building needs renovations and redesign to the point Key Bank Center doesn’t seem able to be renovated from a cost perspective it might be better to start over with a new arena.

Unfortunately I think the Buffalo Sabres are going to have to start thinking about building a new arena on a larger foot print with totally redesigned for outdoor space for fans not attending the Buffalo Sabres games. Key Bank Center is really dated. I wonder if the Sabres build near the Perry Projects down the block where some Buffalo Bills fans wanted a Bills stadium and repurpose that present Key Bank Center land for Canalside usage? What do Sabres fans think or do they renovate or do they knock down the whole building and rebuild on the present site playing in another city for two years until the renovations are complete. I thought for a while the Buffalo Sabres should renovate Key Bank Center but after seeing the new Philadelphia 76ers arena the Buffalo Sabres need to build a new arena sometime in the 2030’s in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by I am leaving for good

4 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

Looking at the Philadelphia 76ers new arena designs tonight is the Buffalo Sabres Key Bank Center even renovation able anymore? Look at where our Buffalo Sabres team store is now the whole atrium would have to be repurposed for open daily business to everyday foot traffic even when Buffalo Sabres games or events aren’t going on. The whole building needs renovations and redesign to the point Key Bank Center doesn’t seem able to be renovated from a cost perspective it might be better to start over with a new arena.

Unfortunately I think the Buffalo Sabres are going to have to start thinking about building a new arena on a larger foot print with totally redesigned for outdoor space for fans not attending the Buffalo Sabres games. Key Bank Center is really dated. I wonder if the Sabres build near the Perry Projects down the block where some Buffalo Bills fans wanted a Bills stadium and repurpose that present Key Bank Center land for Canalside usage? What do Sabres fans think or do they renovate or do they knock down the whole building and rebuild on the present site playing in another city for two years until the renovations are complete. I thought for a while the Buffalo Sabres should renovate Key Bank Center but after seeing the new Philadelphia 76ers arena the Buffalo Sabres need to build a new arena sometime in the 2030’s in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Look up what Cleveland did with Quicken Loans arena.

11 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

Someone said at one point this dude was Chat GPT and I’ve been looking through that lens since.  If I had to guess………yup.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Someone said at one point this dude was Chat GPT and I’ve been looking through that lens since.  If I had to guess………yup.

So I did a thing. I went to ChatGPT4 and gave the prompt "write a blog post about a new arena for the Buffalo Sabres"

The result?

The Next Chapter: Unveiling The New Arena For The Buffalo Sabres

For as long as we can remember, the Buffalo Sabres have graced us with thrilling ice hockey games that hold us on the edge of our seats, be it at The Aud or the KeyBank Center. Now, the Sabres are about to propel us into a new era of electrifying hockey and unparalleled fan experience. We are thrilled to announce the development of a new state-of-the-art arena for the Buffalo Sabres.

Setting The Ice Alight: The New Sabres Arena

The new Buffalo Sabres arena is a marvel of modern architecture and technology, promising to be an extraordinary addition to the cityscape of Buffalo, New York. The building's sleek design and imposing stature are an apt symbol of the team's vigor and determination, embodying the passion of our players and fans alike. It is poised to not just be a landmark for Buffalo but a beacon for the entire National Hockey League.

A Home that Reflects the Team's Spirit

The new Sabres arena is being built with a keen emphasis on promoting the spirit of the Sabres and their rich history. A walk through the concourse will feel like a journey through the team's history, with walls adorned with memorabilia of past glories, including the famous French Connection line, the Presidents' Trophy win, and moments of legendary Sabres like Gilbert Perreault and Dominik Hasek.

Unrivalled Fan Experience

This arena has been designed with fans at its heart, enhancing the match-day experience to unprecedented levels. Spectators will enjoy enhanced seating options, including premium lounges and luxury boxes, offering an unrivaled view of the ice. The stadium is equipped with cutting-edge technology, including giant 4K resolution screens and an advanced sound system to ensure fans don't miss a moment of the action.

One of the highlights is the in-stadium app that will provide real-time stats, replays, and the ability to order food and merchandise directly to your seat. Moreover, the arena will feature more restrooms and concession stands to reduce wait times, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable game-day experience for all attendees.

Green Arena - A Commitment to Sustainability

In line with the global push towards sustainability, the new Sabres arena is designed with several eco-friendly features. It incorporates renewable energy sources, including solar panels and wind turbines, significantly reducing the venue's carbon footprint. The arena will also have efficient waste management systems, rainwater harvesting for the ice-making process, and a commitment to sourcing local food and beverage vendors to further its sustainability goals.

Contributing to Buffalo’s Community

The new Sabres arena aims to be more than just a sports venue. It's envisioned as a hub for community interaction, contributing to Buffalo's cultural and economic development. Alongside the arena, the development includes plans for a community rink, restaurants, retail outlets, and spaces for community events. This will generate jobs and attract tourism, contributing significantly to Buffalo's local economy.

The new Buffalo Sabres arena is not merely a symbol of the team's bright future. It is a testament to the spirit of Buffalo - a city that loves its hockey, respects its history, and continually looks forward. It's an exciting time to be a Sabres fan, and we can't wait for the puck to drop in our new home!

So yeah. Buffalo Sports Fan/I am kinda leaving for good but not really is ChatGPT.

They need better prompts though...

On 6/10/2023 at 10:38 PM, I am leaving for good said:

I went back into the ole memory bank and Gizoogled this post. It didn't disappoint. 

Lookin all up in tha Philadelphia 76ers freshly smoked up arena designs tonight is tha Buffalo Sabres Key Bank Centa even renovation able anymore, biatch? Look at where our Buffalo Sabres crew store is now tha whole atrium would gotta be repurposed fo' open everyday bidnizz ta everydizzle foot traffic even when Buffalo Sabres game or events aren’t goin on. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Da whole buildin needz renovations n' redesign ta tha point Key Bank Centa don’t seem able ta be renovated from a cold-ass lil cost perspectizzle it might be betta ta start over wit a freshly smoked up arena.

Unfortunately I be thinkin tha Buffalo Sabres is goin ta gotta start thankin bout buildin a freshly smoked up arena on a larger foot print wit straight-up redesigned fo' outdoor space fo' hustlas not attendin tha Buffalo Sabres games. Key Bank Centa is straight-up dated. Y'all KNOW dat *****, mutha*****a! This type'a shiznit happens all tha time. I wonder if tha Sabres build near tha Perry Projects down tha block where some Buffalo Bizzlez hustlas wanted a Bizzlez dogg pound n' repurpose dat present Key Bank Centa land fo' Canalside usage, biatch? What do Sabres hustlas be thinkin or do they renovate or do they knock down tha whole buildin n' rebuild on tha present joint playin up in another hood fo' two mutha*****in years until tha renovations is complete.. n' you KNOWS fo' a while tha Buffalo Sabres should renovate Key Bank Centa but afta seein tha freshly smoked up Philadelphia 76ers arena tha Buffalo Sabres need ta build a freshly smoked up arena sometime up in tha 2030’s up in mah opinion. I aint talkin' bout chicken n' gravy biatch. Go Sabres mutha*****a! Let’s Go Buffalo 

If money were no object, new sabres/events arena all the way.

That arena is bad, and it goes into the bones.  The giant ugly, noise sucking bubble roof, the gradual pitch of the seats with no overhangs, making bad sight lines and putting fans far away, and dungeon gridlock concourses.  

I've said it before, probably in this thread, but if Veterans stadium/three rivers/riverfront were a hockey arena, keybank center is it

I do think money is finite though, and I'm not sure how much revenue delta there would be between keybank center and a new arena.  

I do hope we start the process soon though.  The Sabres are bounding toward the end of their lease

Game on! Will it be over tonight? If so, I'll just miss watching hockey. I want a game 7, or 6.  I think Vegas will win it tonight though. Bob will have to stand on his head for the Panthers to have a chance,  duh.

On 6/13/2023 at 6:35 AM, May Day 10 said:

If money were no object, new sabres/events arena all the way.

That arena is bad, and it goes into the bones.  The giant ugly, noise sucking bubble roof, the gradual pitch of the seats with no overhangs, making bad sight lines and putting fans far away, and dungeon gridlock concourses.  

I've said it before, probably in this thread, but if Veterans stadium/three rivers/riverfront were a hockey arena, keybank center is it

I do think money is finite though, and I'm not sure how much revenue delta there would be between keybank center and a new arena.  

I do hope we start the process soon though.  The Sabres are bounding toward the end of their lease

The sad thing is we just built that stadium.  Too soon to replace it, or at least it should be.  The bad nightlines are a function of building codes relating to fire escape; I'm afraid the crazy steep seats of the great old buildings are gone forever. 

Can we bring back the AUD now?  My God I loved that place.

44 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The sad thing is we just built that stadium.  Too soon to replace it, or at least it should be.  The bad nightlines are a function of building codes relating to fire escape; I'm afraid the crazy steep seats of the great old buildings are gone forever. 

Can we bring back the AUD now?  My God I loved that place.

That isnt entirely true, although nowhere as extreme as the Aud.  In the Air Canada center, there are railings in front of the seats because it is much more steep.  I know Montreal got around code somehow as well.  I have been to maybe 15 NHL arenas, and the First Niagara Center is the worst for the views (and a few other things), and I have never seen anything like how far away the seats are in the corners in our 300 level.  If you are in the 100-level, there is a greater than 50% chance you need to watch a portion of the game on the scoreboard.

Also, modern sports venues (including the new Highmark), have figured out how to overhang/tier the venue to bring the seating more vertical, closer to the action and provide a better experience.  In Keybank Center, the seats just continually go back.

I am jealous of UBS Arena in NY.  

As far as timing.  Some arenas who were contemporary with First Niagara Center are or in talks of being replaced, so it isnt out of the question:  Arizona and Ottawa come to mind.  Most of them have had or have major renovations planned.  I think Carolina has $200 Million worth, the Blues had $150 Mil, Montreal has a big one, so does Boston.  I think Philly had one that was $350 Million.

I do not think a new one will happen though.  Especially since it would likely be built in-place or within a half mile.  Ottawa and Arizona's new arena aspirations are based on terrible locations.

Edited by May Day 10

On 6/14/2023 at 2:30 PM, May Day 10 said:

That isnt entirely true, although nowhere as extreme as the Aud.  In the Air Canada center, there are railings in front of the seats because it is much more steep.  I know Montreal got around code somehow as well.  I have been to maybe 15 NHL arenas, and the First Niagara Center is the worst for the views (and a few other things), and I have never seen anything like how far away the seats are in the corners in our 300 level.  If you are in the 100-level, there is a greater than 50% chance you need to watch a portion of the game on the scoreboard.

Also, modern sports venues (including the new Highmark), have figured out how to overhang/tier the venue to bring the seating more vertical, closer to the action and provide a better experience.  In Keybank Center, the seats just continually go back.

I am jealous of UBS Arena in NY.  

As far as timing.  Some arenas who were contemporary with First Niagara Center are or in talks of being replaced, so it isnt out of the question:  Arizona and Ottawa come to mind.  Most of them have had or have major renovations planned.  I think Carolina has $200 Million worth, the Blues had $150 Mil, Montreal has a big one, so does Boston.  I think Philly had one that was $350 Million.

I do not think a new one will happen though.  Especially since it would likely be built in-place or within a half mile.  Ottawa and Arizona's new arena aspirations are based on terrible locations.

Cleveland did an upgrade in 2019. Looks nice.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/sports/2022-nba-all-star-weekend/a-look-back-at-the-renovation-of-rocket-mortgage-fieldhouse-and-what-it-means-for-the-all-star-game

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.