Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2022-2023

SDS

30 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was really impressed.  Exceptional rebound control.  Insane lateral movement.  I didn’t think either of the Rangers goals scored were his “fault.”  I love his rituals.  Pure goalie.  Love it.

He will have some off games……he’s young…….but it is easy to see “it”. Nice post game interview too.   The only thing stopping this team long term in my opinion is health risk and perhaps one more solid experienced locker room voice once Okie has to hang them up.  I hope he sticks around for a bit.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was really impressed.  Exceptional rebound control.  Insane lateral movement.  I didn’t think either of the Rangers goals scored were his “fault.”  I love his rituals.  Pure goalie.  Love it.

His rebound control is preternatural. Also noticed what you did about how much ground he can cover laterally in the blink of an eye.

Also gets down and up really, really fast without losing technique or vision. Did not expect to see him coming out into traffic to cut angles with no hesitation like that in the 3rd. Also really impressed with his ability to find the right lanes and see the puck in traffic. Stronger on his skates than you'd guess from his build (but they'll still need to start feeding him steak dinners immediately).

Nice intangibles too. Clearly circulating ice water without having to resort to cheap tricks to stay calm and focused; sort of his natural state. Also clear that his teammates genuinely like him already.

I cannot believe I just watched a 20yrd old kid one time and am already completely comfortable with him and Lukkonen platooning effectively next year.

F*** Rochester; this child might never ride a bus again the rest of his life.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Draconator said:

My wife said it best. "This kid may make it fun watching Sabres games again".

Well she hasn’t watched many games lol cus they’ve been fun all year 

fun doesn’t always equal wins …. They have been highly entertaining 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well she hasn’t watched many games lol cus they’ve been fun all year 

fun doesn’t always equal wins …. They have been highly entertaining 

No. She hasn't watched any games this year. She gets all Sabre updates from me. When Levi signed, and I told her his college numbers were better than Millers, she was excited to see him play, and he did not disappoint tonight. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Draconator said:

No. She hasn't watched any games this year. She gets all Sabre updates from me. When Levi signed, and I told her his college numbers were better than Millers, she was excited to see him play, and he did not disappoint tonight. 

I don’t want to put too much pressure on the kid but he defiantly has some skill 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

For sure, neither one was a soft. I hope they saved one of the pucks for him... his first stop at least.

WGR doesn't carry any Sabres coverage anymore?! Haven't tuned in in awhile and its a CBS sports show.

Usually only goes for maybe a half hour after the game ends. Not many people calling in or listening at 11pm on a week day. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I said for two years as soon after the Buffalo Sabres acquired him and rewatched Devon Levi play World Junior for Canada he was the real deal the quickness. Again the Buffalo Sabres goalie problem part of it was the obsession with tall 6 foot 3 inches to 6 foot 5 inches goalies by the Sabres organization. Again big and can move great. Big can’t move Robin Lehner, Linus Ullmark and UPL not so good. But some Buffalo Sabres fans got caught up in believing everything the Buffalo Sabres and there Buffalo media shills were promoting. If the guy was short forget it only Big Foot goalies for the Sabres. I hope Devon Levi is a lesson size doesn’t matter stopping the puck matters trust your own eyes not what the Sabres and the Buffalo Sabres media shills are selling you listen to them Jack Eichel and Sam Reinhart should be 5 time Stanley Cup Champions for the Buffalo Sabres. Devon Levi forget Rochester Americans he needs to learn playing for the Buffalo Sabres because he is the best we got. Anyone but Devon Levi starting Buffalo Sabres goalie next season in October I wouldn’t even bother buying the Sabres tickets because the organization isn’t serious about winning anything.

Craig Anderson needs to retire if he wants to be a Buffalo Sabres or Rochester Americans goalie coach fine but no more playing. Eric Comrie or UPL one of them needs to be traded and the other the Sabres backup that plays 10 games max. What? Buffalo Sabres fans heard me 10 games max and 72 games to Devon Levi. Don Edwards played 72 games when he was young it’s possible. Stopping babying Devon Levi. Goalies need a lot of action to stay sharp. The Buffalo Sabres future looks good next year if Devon Levi plays 72 games next season because that is what the Sabres are going to need to make the playoffs next season in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

I said for two years as soon after the Buffalo Sabres acquired him and rewatched Devon Levi play World Junior for Canada he was the real deal the quickness. Again the Buffalo Sabres goalie problem part of it was the obsession with tall 6 foot 3 inches to 6 foot 5 inches goalies by the Sabres organization. Again big and can move great. Big can’t move Robin Lehner, Linus Ullmark and UPL not so good. But some Buffalo Sabres fans got caught up in believing everything the Buffalo Sabres and there Buffalo media shills were promoting. If the guy was short forget it only Big Foot goalies for the Sabres. I hope Devon Levi is a lesson size doesn’t matter stopping the puck matters trust your own eyes not what the Sabres and the Buffalo Sabres media shills are selling you listen to them Jack Eichel and Sam Reinhart should be 5 time Stanley Cup Champions for the Buffalo Sabres. Devon Levi forget Rochester Americans he needs to learn playing for the Buffalo Sabres because he is the best we got. Anyone but Devon Levi starting Buffalo Sabres goalie next season in October I wouldn’t even bother buying the Sabres tickets because the organization isn’t serious about winning anything.

Craig Anderson needs to retire if he wants to be a Buffalo Sabres or Rochester Americans goalie coach fine but no more playing. Eric Comrie or UPL one of them needs to be traded and the other the Sabres backup that plays 10 games max. What? Buffalo Sabres fans heard me 10 games max and 72 games to Devon Levi. Don Edwards played 72 games when he was young it’s possible. Stopping babying Devon Levi. Goalies need a lot of action to stay sharp. The Buffalo Sabres future looks good next year if Devon Levi plays 72 games next season because that is what the Sabres are going to need to make the playoffs next season in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

You read like a parody account. Even if Levi is that absolute exception, they're rightly not going to run him into the ground by playing him 72 games. The regime since KA took over has been patient, drafted well, and made good decisions for the most part. They need to add a few solid, veteran D in the offseason.

• Agree 1

I am very happy I watched the game last night. I saw what you all saw. If he had known where the puck was the Rangers would never have scored their second goal

and they've have won in regulation. The Ranger snuck that puck right through his Levis'  5-hole...Cover your 5-hole Levi!  😁

I type this feeling  a bit giddy from reading this thread. The joy and celebration is palpable

You can all now say "Yep, I saw Levis' first NHL start. Brilliant I say BRILLIANT!

PS: Levi 27. Tre White #27.   Goalie Academy? lol Just a random thought

cheers mateys!

m

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

You read like a parody account. Even if Levi is that absolute exception, they're rightly not going to run him into the ground by playing him 72 games. The regime since KA took over has been patient, drafted well, and made good decisions for the most part. They need to add a few solid, veteran D in the offseason.

Yeah, the days of playing 1 guy all the time are long gone from the NHL.  Data shows you can do better rotating in a fresh backup.  I think Levi will be ready to play full time for us the season after next...

If he advances that timeframe and surprises me, all the better.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Therapy 

take it 

Therapy is fine but  I'll dream of wins with hearts with you hermano  @Sherlock Holmes

heck yeah 🙂

His will be my choice of jersey when I buy one.  Either that of I'd have gone with Perreault.  #11

💙💛💙

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

We need to make this line ASAP

Skinner-Tage-Tuch

Power AND Dahlin:wub:

Levi

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.