Bills OTAs

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, boater said:

Those apologizing for Poyer's absence won't be so happy when he holds out all of training camp.

He hired a cut throat agent. Who lines up against no fool, In Beane We Trust.

Beane isn't going to break the bank for a 31 y/o Safety. Besides, the till is empty. Poyer is traded or cut.

They could free up cap space with a restructure. 

5 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Does he deserve a new big time extension is the question.  Does anyone know what Poyer is due to earn this year?  I like Poyer's game.  He is a solid player and leader on our defense.  That being said, he is not some amazingly gifted athlete playing the safety position who has revolutionized the game.  I get that everyone wants financial security.  But not sure he is the guy the Bills are going to throw the Brinks truck at.  Especially since they still have Jacquan Johnson and Damar Hamlin, who the Bills might be high on.

Poyer is at 7.5 mill this year I believe. 23rd or 24th highest paid safety per wgr 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Putin said:

Tre White is on schedule ? For when is that exactly week 1 ? 

That is a classic McDermott'ism...Give enough information to entice you and yet make it a most meaningless statement!

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

The NFL is a business. The owners, coaches, players, and their agents all understand that. Not participating during OTAs while a player's contract is unsettled is part of the negotiating process. Poyer certainly understands that. Your characterizations of Poyer pouting, and crying suggest that you don't.

Poyer signed a contract which he hasn't completed. I'm not going to demean someone who thinks not fulfilling a contract is crying or pouting.

4 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

The NFL is a business. The owners, coaches, players, and their agents all understand that. Not participating during OTAs while a player's contract is unsettled is part of the negotiating process. Poyer certainly understands that. Your characterizations of Poyer pouting, and crying suggest that you don't.

Poyer signed a contract which he hasn't completed. I'm not going to demean someone who thinks not fulfilling a contract is crying or pouting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, boater said:

Did I miss something? Is someone not fulfilling a contract?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I didn't know how much I needed a Josh Allen dime until I watched this:

You just have to watch this clip and compare it to the one the Dolphins put out with Tua under-throwing Hill at like 35-40 yards after putting everything he had into it to realize that these 2 QBs are miles apart.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, StHustle said:

Yeah cause every team has all pro safeties on their roster. He is top 5 in his position but not paid as such. Tired of people crying like the NFL is making billions off these guys talents. He deserves his fair share and it reasonable for him to not show up for voluntary practices when he feels he's underpaid. Stop being selfish and only caring about the team and their success like these aren't real humans playing.

I’m a fan of the Bills, I don’t give a damn about the players being upset over money. My opinion of them is formed in how they help the team on the field.

I’ll have get my ass to the factory for 55 years to make what Poyer will earn this year without a new contract. I won’t lose any sleep if he doesn’t get a raise.

If the Bills deem him worthy of a new contract, then great and if they don’t think a new contract works then great.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

When asked about the energy Jordan and Shaq bring to the team, McD brought up Tim Settle’s name unsolicited as a guy who also compares, meaning he left an undeniable impression. McD said he wants it to stay on the field so it doesn’t become a detriment. Hopefully Settle can be found gold for the Bills, he was behind some real difference makers in Washington.

Can anyone elaborate on this? Seems like a bizarre comment. Is he talking about not taking dumb celebratory penalties, or something else?

11 hours ago, BTB said:

I was asking you, how would you feel if no one showed up?

choosing to ignore all context to the situation is dumb.  if we had a 52 man all-pro roster, where each had done nothing but buy in and preach process to their peers, were all considered underpaid to their market value.... then sure thatd be fine

3 hours ago, sven233 said:

You just have to watch this clip and compare it to the one the Dolphins put out with Tua under-throwing Hill at like 35-40 yards after putting everything he had into it to realize that these 2 QBs are miles apart.

You:

The guy your girl tells you not to worry about:

• Haha (+1) 4

49 minutes ago, julian said:

I’m a fan of the Bills, I don’t give a damn about the players being upset over money. My opinion of them is formed in how they help the team on the field.

I’ll have get my ass to the factory for 55 years to make what Poyer will earn this year without a new contract. I won’t lose any sleep if he doesn’t get a raise.

If the Bills deem him worthy of a new contract, then great and if they don’t think a new contract works then great.

How much does your company make by comparison, and how much does your work directly generate for said company? Think they might be mildly different figures at all? Are you top 5 in the world of sweeping floors?

12 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Players have limited ways to leverage into a new deal this is one of them, nothing new. 

Screw the crybaby players. Were they happy to sign their current contract? Did they willingly sign their current contract? Yes? Then STFU and play, dammit. Wal-Mart is hiring.

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

How much does your company make by comparison, and how much does your work directly generate for said company? Think they might be mildly different figures at all? Are you top 5 in the world of sweeping floors?

I’m all for everybody making as much money as the market dictates, if the Bills feel poyer is worth more money than I’m happy for him to cash in.

My point was that I don’t care either way, if he isn’t worth the pay raise in the eyes of Bills management then so long, next man up.

I just don’t choose to care about millionaire players or billionaire owners concerns over feeding their families. They’re all gonna survive while living luxurious lives.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, boater said:

This is a voluntary attendance practice and he's not the only player not here

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, StHustle said:

Yeah cause every team has all pro safeties on their roster. He is top 5 in his position but not paid as such. Tired of people crying like the NFL is making billions off these guys talents. He deserves his fair share and it reasonable for him to not show up for voluntary practices when he feels he's underpaid. Stop being selfish and only caring about the team and their success like these aren't real humans playing.

I frankly don't get either sides of the argument.  Yeah the practices are voluntary, but it's not like the Bills were forcing Poyer to sign the contracts he did.  So Poyer can be upset all he wants, he is suffering the consequences of his own actions by signing the contracts that he did (and that he is still under).  

We'll see what happens when the attendance becomes mandatory.

Edited by delirious
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

17 hours ago, SWATeam said:

The others missing did not just hire Rosenhaus and are probably not in question of holding out. 

So do the other players not in attendance have a better or a worse reason to not participate than Poyer?

13 hours ago, Bill Lewes said:

love us some Miller, but #1 in our hearts?    That's a bit

That was my thought too.

We're all super excited about Von Miller being a Bill but saying he's #1 in our hearts is far from accurate. It was a lazy attempt at turning a phrase.

2 hours ago, delirious said:

I frankly don't get either sides of the argument.  Yeah the practices are voluntary, but it's not like the Bills were forcing Poyer to sign the contracts he did.  So Poyer can be upset all he wants, he is suffering the consequences of his own actions by signing the contracts that he did (and that he is still under).  

We'll see what happens when the attendance becomes mandatory.

SMH at your logic. He has outperformed his contract. How is he an all pro but not even in the top 20 paid for his position? Guess what happens if a player gets a top 5 contract but plays like the 25th best? The are demanded to take a pay cut or risk being cut and making no more money. How is it ok for that to be routine (teams playing hardball to force pay cuts) but players, who are the reason teams make money, can't take a stand when they outplay their contract???

Tired of people who think that just because these players make millions they should be satisfied with being underpaid cause a contract signed years back. Things change! That's why a team will switch up on you real quick...despite the contract...will null and void it quick af of they feel youre underplaying what you're paid! Wheres you post condemning that? No instead your a hypocrite like the average fan who is all for that behavior for the sake of your entertainment and having a better team. You care more about a team winning instead of humans fairly compensated for work. Do you complain when the team rakes in toms of extra money from the team being great yet our players collectively make what the Jags are making?? Make it make sense.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.