Angry texts sent to Beane after Shakir pick

BillsFan619

13 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I hear ya on the cocktails, but when did we all get duped on the four pack of beer for $13.99, the four pack of beer is a crime against humanity, jmo, 😁

But isn't the beer delicious?  It depends on your taste. 

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for.

I will gladly pay $18-$22 for a 4-pack of 16ozs of liquid deliciousness in the form of an Other Half high %age IPA. 

So many local breweries make beer worthy of spending $14/4pk tall cans... Resurgence, CBW, Big Ditch, Flying Bison, Belt Line, many more

If you prefer to crush Bud Light after Bud Light, that's ok too! 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

I will gladly pay $18-$22 for a 4-pack of 16ozs of liquid deliciousness in the form of an Other Half high %age IPA. 

So many local breweries make beer worthy of spending $14/4pk tall cans... Resurgence, CBW, Big Ditch, Flying Bison, Belt Line, many more

True yet under quantitied for the price 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

The compromise is 8-packs of 500ml Carlsberg cans for $13.99, or 4-packs of euro pilsners and swartzbier for $6.99 😉 

I don’t prefer to pay restaurant prices at the grocery / beer store…, I’m weird that way, 😁

18 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Wide receiver drafted in the 5th round

6'0" 190 lbs

"Doesn't possess the strength or long speed to make a living as an outside receiver, but he can be an extremely effective weapon from the slot as a pro, turning short third-down throws into first downs. He can make things happen when he has the ball in his hands and could become a consistent, productive weapon for the right offensive coordinator."

This is Stefon Diggs' draft profile. It's eerily similar to Khalil Shakir's. 

Very similar size, speed, production, and character.

I recall looking at reports on Shakir a week or two before the draft. There are a ton of things to like about him. As I’m reading the list of his positive traits I’m like, how the hell is this dude not rated higher? The only real knocks on him seem to be he’s got short arms, he has a focus drop now and then, and he doesn’t always seem to play up the speed he tested at. He seems to make up for the short arms by having insane body control and solid hands. The play speed thing can be corrected with coaching. Oh and it said he has some flaws at the top of his routes. I imagine maybe less than stellar competition and not so great QB play may have been some other factors that played into him ranking lower than other guys. I know that was the case with Diggs, that and he dealt with some injuries in college. Lot of draft nerds seem to love Shakir, though, he’s an exciting pick. In a draft that didn’t have any real elite prospects it seems like Beane and his crew did a heck of a job filtering through everything and finding their kind of players, guys they can work with and coach up and help them elevate their game. 

Edited by blacklabel

10 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's all the info Beane gave.

The writer couldn't just make up some texts 'cause it would fit his story.

And from what Beane said, rueful would have done just as well to describe the texts as angry or upset.

Yeah I think “angry” was the wrong word.  They probably tried to trade up to get him and missed out.  It’s more “disappointed” than angry

On 5/6/2022 at 7:19 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

6'0" 190 lbs

"Doesn't possess the strength or long speed to make a living as an outside receiver, but he can be an extremely effective weapon from the slot as a pro, turning short third-down throws into first downs. He can make things happen when he has the ball in his hands and could become a consistent, productive weapon for the right offensive coordinator."

Yet another example of the fact that NFL teams do NOT know talent on draft day, and do NOT have an accurate listing of descending talent.

They only think they do!  Big difference.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Yet another example of the fact that NFL teams do NOT know talent on draft day, and do NOT have an accurate listing of descending talent.

They only think they do!  Big difference.

I sometimes think that teams do only the prescribed type of research on players, and don’t think about it from the right players perspective vs the school/stats/combine numbers, perspective,  it’s not that those things mean nothing, but getting a guy who works well within your teams structure/ schemes is more imo than raw numbers alone, not a lot of outside the box thinking…, if you get what getting at…, 

• 3 months later...
On 5/6/2022 at 7:19 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

6'0" 190 lbs

Still preseason, but all this guy has done so far is impress people. He had a few nice catches yesterday and looks like he's going to be a very reliable target for Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

On 5/7/2022 at 7:41 PM, HankBulloughMellencamp said:

What does all this have to do with Shakir !!!!!   

• Agree 1

On 5/6/2022 at 5:29 PM, 1ManRaid said:

Weird for the writer to not give any examples of what was said, just "people were upset".

Pretty top notch journalism.

Brandon Beane moved up in the draft; other GMs were upset.

Riveting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I do find humor in the idea that “other GM’s were upset we traded up for Shakir”.. It was the top of Round 5, what was going on?.. everyone playing a game of chicken of Khalil and Beane jumped the gun?  

Whatever the reason, if a guy lasts to Round 5, you only have yourself to blame if you don’t get him.  

Just like with Gabriel Davis, it looks like the Bills hit a home run by exercising patience in an absolutely loaded WR Draft. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.