Logic's 2022 Draft Review

Fred Slacks

1) Elam- possible/probable starter

2) Cook- probably a lot of touches as a 3rd down back at least

3) Bernard- special teams starter/probably back up LB/maybe some big nickel stuff?

5) Shakir- possible punt returner/WR contribute as a rookie (maybe/hopefully)?

6) Araiza- possible starter at punter (one would hope)

6) Benford- reserve/possibly could start as a gunner (perhaps moving on from Taiwan Jones?)

6) Tenuta- I have no expectations whatsoever from him but who knows with how much depth there was in this year’s draft class. I’d imagine practice squad based purely on roster numbers 

7) Spector- Similar to the pick above. I have low expectations. Not because of ability but how stacked our roster is. Probably practice squad. 

I think all things considered if we walk out of this draft with just a starting outside CB, punter, and solid punt returner that have immediate contributions this season that would be huge for this year. Not to mention Cook at RB if he demands touches because of his ability. 

I think long term I was hoping to walk away with IOL and TE. But I don’t know the front offices plan with resigning. I’d imagine Knox gets resigned. I think the team loves him and he has a great relationship with JA. 

Hopefully Shakir is good enough to allow us to cut Crowder. That would be big for our team if he can force BBB to make that decision. 

Our draft class definitely seems hungry to prove themselves. They sure give off that impression in their interviews. 

I’m excited for training camp. The smell of super bowl championship is in the air!

Edited by Fred Slacks
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

**Note: I'm nothing more than a fan, just like all of you. This is nothing more than my opinion. You know how the saying goes: Opinions are like buttholes: everyone's got one and most stink. I don't grade picks, because doing so before the prospects have played a single NFL down is foolish. Instead, I'm just going to discuss my feelings on each pick and my feelings on the class overall.**

CB Kaiir Elam - This was not the corner that I had pegged for the Bills in the first round. I thought for sure that his lack of tackling prowess and the perception by some scouts that he is "soft" would keep him off the Bills' draft board. Nevertheless, as I read about his top level athletic traits, speed, high character, work ethic, and coachability, the pick began to make a lot of sense. Tackling is something you can teach. Speed and size are not. In letting Levi Wallace walk and replacing him with Kaiir Elam, the Bills' coaches clearly wanted to upgrade the CB2 spot with a much better, faster athlete -- one that will allow them to diversify their defensive playcalling and to play more man coverage. While they prefer to play zone, the Bills wound up playing the 8th highest percentage of man coverage in the league last year. Now, when they do so, they won't be quite so vulnerable. Overall, this pick adds speed, versatility, and upside to the Bills' secondary, and the timeline of this selection lines up perfectly so that when Elam's ready for a second contract, Tre White will be just about exiting his prime.

HB James Cook -  When this pick was made, I felt it was a bit of a reach, value wise. It's clear to me, though, that the staff highly prioritized adding a true pass-catching threat to the backfield. I wrongly assumed that Duke Johnson sufficiently checked that box after they struck out on JD McKissic. Instead, they selected the toolsy and under-used James Cook. As I said elsewhere on this forum, one of the main ways the Bills intend to beat two-high coverage going forward is to use checkdowns and dumpoffs. Cook can take those three yard passes and turn them into 12 yard gains. He can also split out not only into the slot, but out wide as well, and can legitimately run routes and beat corners. He has great ball tracking skills, great hands, and doesn't fumble. He'll be a versatile, movable chess piece for Ken Dorsey, and adds instant explosiveness and homerun ability that the Bills offense previously lacked. While I question the value of the pick, I think he'll be a valuable and dangerous contributor from day one.

LB Terrel Bernard - Once again, I feel this was a bit of a reach, value wise. The Bills didn't have a 4th round pick, though, and I think they just didn't want to miss out on this player. Sean McDermott is very close with Baylor head coach Dave Aranda, and I'm guessing Bernard -- who was said to be the heart and soul of the Baylor defense --  got a more than glowing review of Bernard from his college coach. Onthe surface, this one's simple: Fills the role vacated by AJ Klein in being the third linebacker when the Bills are in 4-3, and will play special teams. A closer look reveals a little bit more intrigue, though: I believe that Bernard's addition will allow the Bills to play 4-3 more often if they so choose, without losing much against the passing game. Last year, when the Bills were in their base nickel, good running teams ran it down their throats. When they switched to 4-3, they became vulnerable against the play-action and mid-level passing game. Now, when they face such teams, they can operate out of the 4-3 in an attempt to stop the run, but Bernard stands a much better chance of matching up with tight ends and speedy running backs than Klein did. Furthermore, if the Bills decide to invest in Tremaine Edmunds, they may decide that they don't want so much money tied up at the linebacker position, and in 2024, they could release Matt Milano, who would then be 30 years old, and whose release would save the Bills $7.5M. A pick with an immediate ST and sub-package role, but who may be a starter down the line.

WR Khalil Shakir - I fist pumped when this pick was made. I watched a lot of highlights and cut-ups of this guy and quite liked what I saw. He offers immediate punt and kick return ability, which will make him active on gamedays as a rookie. From there, he can initially start off as a WR5 and gadget player. He can work from the slot, from the backfield, and can be a jet-sweep option. Over time, as he refines his route running and adds strength, he's a candidate to become the Bills' long term starting slot receiver. Jamison Crowder is only on a one year deal, after all. The comparisons I've seen for Shakir include Diontae Johnson, Christian Kirk, Stefon Diggs, and Michael Gallup. The value I feel the Bills got by adding Shakir in round five makes up a bit for the value I feel they DIDN'T get by drafting Cook and Bernard when they did.

P Matt Araiza - What can I say? I laughed out loud when this pick was made. The amount of hype around a freaking PUNTER this offseason was absurd. The amount of excitement that the Bills fan base has for drafting a punter to a team that never punts is also hilarious. Call it leftover Brian Moorman love, or maybe we just loved the thought of having the strongest armed QB, strongest legged kicker, and strongest legged punter all on the same team. Whatever the case may be, this was a fun pick. As for the player: a left footed guy who can kick it really far but doesn't have great hang time and has no experience holding....sounds a lot like Corey Bajorquez to me. If he can add some hang time and hold capably, he'll win the job. Matt vs Matt #puntapalooza, here we come.

CB Christian Benford - I won't pretend I had ever heard of this player. From what I'm reading about him, he's big, strong, mean, physical, and had great ball production at Villanova. You can never have too many corners, and McDermott and Frazier have shown a propensity for turning late round and UDFA corners with chips on their shoulders into legitimate starting caliber players. Not sure if he'll make the 53, might be a practice squad candidate. Might be a steal, might be a nobody. I'll always trust our coaches when it comes to DBs, though, so I'd bet on the former rather than the latter.

OT Luke Tenuta -  I'll be honest: I don't get this one. I know that it's always good to add O-line depth, but the deck seems highly stacked against this guy ever becoming a good NFL player. It sounds like he has an awkward build, short arms, and bad functional athleticism. His redeeming quality seems to be...that he's huge, I guess? I don't see it. They'll develop him on the practice squad for two seasons, I suppose. I would have much preferred an interior OL here, someone who at least has a chance to make the roster. They can't all be winners...

LB Baylon Spector - Again, I won't pretend that I know much about this player. I think his primary avenue to making the roster would be to play special teams so capably that he allows the Bills to cut Taylor Matakevitch for cap savings. With Bernard, Spector, Andre Smith, Tyrel Dodson, Joe Giles-Harris, and Tyler Matakevitch, the backup linebacking corps is now pretty full. Will be a good competition in camp. 

Overall:

The Bills' biggest need coming into this draft was a couple of capable outside corners. They added a first round prospect with legitimate Pro Bowl upside, and they added a late round prospect who looks set to follow the Bills' recent trend of late round corner contributors, like Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson. 

The Bills' second biggest need, generally speaking, was to add speed and schematic versatility on both sides of the ball.

They accomplished this goal on defense in two ways. First, by adding Kaiir Elam to the secondary. They will be faster and more capable in man coverage, and can call a more diverse defensive game. Second, By adding Terrel Bernard at linebacker, they can choose to go 4-3 more than they have in the past, without losing nearly as much in the passing game as they did when they inserted AJ Klein into the game. Bernard can also be a sub-package weapon as a blitzer and matchup piece in the passing game.

They accomplished this goal on offense by adding James Cook at HB and Khalil Shakir at WR. Both players played in the backfield, in the slot, and out wide in college. Both can capably fill multiple roles on offense. Cook adds speed and explosiveness to the running back room that it has lacked for years. He will also allow the Bills to come out in 12 personnel, but still spread the field, thus creating a nightmare for opposing defenses. Think Diggs, Davis, Knox, Howard, and Cook -- this screams "running play" to the defense, so it comes out in base defense. Then the Bills line up in an empty set and linebackers are forced to cover Knox, Howard, and Cook. This is the future of the Bills offense. This is the type of unpredictability and versatility that we can expect in 2022. Shakir adds yet another gadget option, and profiles as a long term starting slot receiver. Both players add speed, both players add versatility.

Lastly, even the Bills special teams got a significant boost in this draft via the acquisitions of punter Matt Araiza, linebackers Terrel Bernard and Baylon Spector, corner/gunner Christian Benford, and returner Khalil Shakir. 

I question the value of the Cook and Bernard picks. The value of the Shakir pick makes up for it to some degree. All in all, my only real regret is that they didn't add any legitimate interior offensive line prospects. You can't address every need in one draft, and perhaps Beane will sign another interior o-linemen or two. Still, I'd like to see them start taking swings at that position in the future. You can't just avoid drafting guards forever. That said, I feel they capably addressed the biggest roster holes on the team, made the offense and defense faster and more versatile, and generally improved the Bills' roster going into 2022.

Best Draft Classes: Jets, Ravens, Chiefs. All three of these teams got a LOT better, and I hated it.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 24
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 8

Not sure how to merge topics. I just posted something very similar. I think we made our defense and ST better. We got a couple of speed options on offense. Overall good upgrades/additions. A couple positions I wish we addressed but alas I don’t think the front office saw position value or agreed with me about the need. I’m happy with the draft.  Admittedly a Homer but I think we we got better. 

• Like (+1) 1

Great write-up!  What a good summary of each player (especially for someone like me, who doesn't really follow college).

Just from a "needs" perspective, I love the draft from a positional standpoint.  And looking at the characteristics of each pick, everything seems consistent w/ the type of player & individual they're looking for.

I feel like at least 3-4 of these guys will end up either being starters, or strong contributors.

• Like (+1) 1

After reading summary first, I agree with all of your main points. We'll see how it ends up but it is clear what the Bills were doing. I am still confused about that Bernard pick but I guess I have to wait and see. They made up a lot for it with Shakir pick. Overall it looks like a nice draft.

Just like you said the only big surprise is the absence of any IOL player. I don't like it. But since it was clear that they wanted to draft one, it is safe to say that they just didn't find the right value. 

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

@Logic Thanks for the overview.

I love all the picks now knowing all that were made.  Top end was great - very good CB as a need.  Excellent back to help take the pressure off of Josh when he gets in trouble.  Linebacker who is a tacking machine, and a real gamer.  WR who looks like he could be a top 2 on the team with some time, and has great hands, fluid and can track the ball really well.  Punter who is honest about what he does well and what he needs to fix.  The remaining players, hope they add competitiveness.

Overall, great draft.  Not a draft for glaring needs and thats how it was handled.  CB was the pick most of need and they killed it.  Love the fact we were drafting from the perspective of a team who could truly take BPA versus a team that needed to hit on every pick as we did in past years.

• Like (+1) 1

I like Elam's potential but was hoping McDuffie fell to us. Teach him tackling techniques and we should have a good replacement for Wallace. I wanted Hall but after watching Cook's tape he showed good burst and a consistent ability to be better than Duke or McKissic.

Bernard seems to be high energy character guy. He'll contribute and give the staff someone to compete with  Dotson. Shakir and Araiza will have the best value at their draft positions. Haack is terrible and nearly cost us 2 games last year. And when you lose home field by 1 game, it matters. Shakir will eventually assume the gadget McKittrick role.  And I'm not worried about Araiza learning how to hold.  I think Benford has the ability to become a decent backup db like Dane.

The last 2 picks are just bodies who are not likely to make the team.  Nothing intriguing there. It was a good but not great draft for us, as we got some needed help in a few areas.

B-

40 minutes ago, Logic said:

**Note: I'm nothing more than a fan, just like all of you. This is nothing more than my opinion. You know how the saying goes: Opinions are like buttholes: everyone's got one and most stink. I don't grade picks, because doing so before the prospects have played a single NFL down is foolish. Instead, I'm just going to discuss my feelings on each pick and my feelings on the class overall.**

CB Kaiir Elam - This was not the corner that I had pegged for the Bills in the first round. I thought for sure that his lack of tackling prowess and the perception by some scouts that he is "soft" would keep him off the Bills' draft board. Nevertheless, as I read about his top level athletic traits, speed, high character, work ethic, and coachability, the pick began to make a lot of sense. Tackling is something you can teach. Speed and size are not. In letting Levi Wallace walk and replacing him with Kaiir Elam, the Bills' coaches clearly wanted to upgrade the CB2 spot with a much better, faster athlete -- one that will allow them to diversify their defensive playcalling and to play more man coverage. While they prefer to play zone, the Bills wound up playing the 8th highest percentage of man coverage in the league last year. Now, when they do so, they won't be quite so vulnerable. Overall, this pick adds speed, versatility, and upside to the Bills' secondary, and the timeline of this selection lines up perfectly so that when Elam's ready for a second contract, Tre White will be just about exiting his prime.

HB James Cook -  When this pick was made, I felt it was a bit of a reach, value wise. It's clear to me, though, that the staff highly prioritized adding a true pass-catching threat to the backfield. I wrongly assumed that Duke Johnson sufficiently checked that box after they struck out on JD McKissic. Instead, they selected the toolsy and under-used James Cook. As I said elsewhere on this forum, one of the main ways the Bills intend to beat two-high coverage going forward is to use checkdowns and dumpoffs. Cook can take those three yard passes and turn them into 12 yard gains. He can also split out not only into the slot, but out wide as well, and can legitimately run routes and beat corners. He has great ball tracking skills, great hands, and doesn't fumble. He'll be a versatile, movable chess piece for Ken Dorsey, and adds instant explosiveness and homerun ability that the Bills offense previously lacked. While I question the value of the pick, I think he'll be a valuable and dangerous contributor from day one.

LB Terrel Bernard - Once again, I feel this was a bit of a reach, value wise. The Bills didn't have a 4th round pick, though, and I think they just didn't want to miss out on this player. Sean McDermott is very close with Baylor head coach Dave Aranda, and I'm guessing Bernard -- who was said to be the heart and soul of the Baylor defense --  got a more than glowing review of Bernard from his college coach. Onthe surface, this one's simple: Fills the role vacated by AJ Klein in being the third linebacker when the Bills are in 4-3, and will play special teams. A closer look reveals a little bit more intrigue, though: I believe that Bernard's addition will allow the Bills to play 4-3 more often if they so choose, without losing much against the passing game. Last year, when the Bills were in their base nickel, good running teams ran it down their throats. When they switched to 4-3, they became vulnerable against the play-action and mid-level passing game. Now, when they face such teams, they can operate out of the 4-3 in an attempt to stop the run, but Bernard stands a much better chance of matching up with tight ends and speedy running backs than Klein did. Furthermore, if the Bills decide to invest in Tremaine Edmunds, they may decide that they don't want so much money tied up at the linebacker position, and in 2024, they could release Matt Milano, who would then be 30 years old, and whose release would save the Bills $7.5M. A pick with an immediate ST and sub-package role, but who may be a starter down the line.

WR Khalil Shakir - I fist pumped when this pick was made. I watched a lot of highlights and cut-ups of this guy and quite liked what I saw. He offers immediate punt and kick return ability, which will make him active on gamedays as a rookie. From there, he can initially start off as a WR5 and gadget player. He can work from the slot, from the backfield, and can be a jet-sweep option. Over time, as he refines his route running and adds strength, he's a candidate to become the Bills' long term starting slot receiver. Jamison Crowder is only on a one year deal, after all. The comparisons I've seen for Shakir include Diontae Johnson, Christian Kirk, Stefon Diggs, and Michael Gallup. The value I feel the Bills got by adding Shakir in round five makes up a bit for the value I feel they DIDN'T get by drafting Cook and Bernard when they did.

P Matt Araiza - What can I say? I laughed out loud when this pick was made. The amount of hype around a freaking PUNTER this offseason was absurd. The amount of excitement that the Bills fan base has for drafting a punter to a team that never punts is also hilarious. Call it leftover Brian Moorman love, or maybe we just loved the thought of having the strongest armed QB, strongest legged kicker, and strongest legged punter all on the same team. Whatever the case may be, this was a fun pick. As for the player: a left footed guy who can kick it really far but doesn't have great hang time and has no experience holding....sounds a lot like Corey Bajorquez to me. If he can add some hang time and hold capably, he'll win the job. Matt vs Matt #puntapalooza, here we come.

CB Christian Benford - I won't pretend I had ever heard of this player. From what I'm reading about him, he's big, strong, mean, physical, and had great ball production at Villanova. You can never have too many corners, and McDermott and Frazier have shown a propensity for turning late round and UDFA corners with chips on their shoulders into legitimate starting caliber players. Not sure if he'll make the 53, might be a practice squad candidate. Might be a steal, might be a nobody. I'll always trust our coaches when it comes to DBs, though, so I'd bet on the former rather than the latter.

OT Luke Tenuta -  I'll be honest: I don't get this one. I know that it's always good to add O-line depth, but the deck seems highly stacked against this guy ever becoming a good NFL player. It sounds like he has an awkward build, short arms, and bad functional athleticism. His redeeming quality seems to be...that he's huge, I guess? I don't see it. They'll develop him on the practice squad for two seasons, I suppose. I would have much preferred an interior OL here, someone who at least has a chance to make the roster. They can't all be winners...

LB Baylon Spector - Again, I won't pretend that I know much about this player. I think his primary avenue to making the roster would be to play special teams so capably that he allows the Bills to cut Taylor Matakevitch for cap savings. With Bernard, Spector, Andre Smith, Tyrel Dodson, Joe Giles-Harris, and Tyler Matakevitch, the backup linebacking corps is now pretty full. Will be a good competition in camp. 

Overall:

The Bills' biggest need coming into this draft was a couple of capable outside corners. They added a first round prospect with legitimate Pro Bowl upside, and they added a late round prospect who looks set to follow the Bills' recent trend of late round corner contributors, like Levi Wallace and Dane Jackson. 

The Bills' second biggest need, generally speaking, was to add speed and schematic versatility on both sides of the ball.

They accomplished this goal on defense in two ways. First, by adding Kaiir Elam to the secondary. They will be faster and more capable in man coverage, and can call a more diverse defensive game. Second, By adding Terrel Bernard at linebacker, they can choose to go 4-3 more than they have in the past, without losing nearly as much in the passing game as they did when they inserted AJ Klein into the game. Bernard can also be a sub-package weapon as a blitzer and matchup piece in the passing game.

They accomplished this goal on offense by adding James Cook at HB and Khalil Shakir at WR. Both players played in the backfield, in the slot, and out wide in college. Both can capably fill multiple roles on offense. Cook adds speed and explosiveness to the running back room that it has lacked for years. He will also allow the Bills to come out in 12 personnel, but still spread the field, thus creating a nightmare for opposing defenses. Think Diggs, Davis, Knox, Howard, and Cook -- this screams "running play" to the defense, so it comes out in base defense. Then the Bills line up in an empty set and linebackers are forced to cover Knox, Howard, and Cook. This is the future of the Bills offense. This is the type of unpredictability and versatility that we can expect in 2022. Shakir adds yet another gadget option, and profiles as a long term starting slot receiver. Both players add speed, both players add versatility.

Lastly, even the Bills special teams got a significant boost in this draft via the acquisitions of punter Matt Araiza, linebackers Terrel Bernard and Baylon Spector, corner/gunner Christian Benford, and returner Khalil Shakir. 

I question the value of the Cook and Bernard picks. The value of the Shakir pick makes up for it to some degree. All in all, my only real regret is that they didn't add any legitimate interior offensive line prospects. You can't address every need in one draft, and perhaps Beane will sign another interior o-linemen or two. Still, I'd like to see them start taking swings at that position in the future. You can't just avoid drafting guards forever. That said, I feel they capably addressed the biggest roster holes on the team, made the offense and defense faster and more versatile, and generally improved the Bills' roster going into 2022.

Best Draft Classes: Jets, Ravens, Chiefs. All three of these teams got a LOT better, and I hated it.

I enjoyed the read.... I would have also added Steelers as a draft class I liked also, just my 2 pennies!

I thought the biggest need coming into this draft class was CB2, my favorite player was Trent McDuffie and I can't help to wonder if he was there if he'd have been our pick but we'll never know that. I'm more than happy with the Elam pick, I saw what this regime did with 7th rounder Levi Wallace/Dane Jackson so I can only imagine what we do with this 6'1" freak of nature at corner plus we added some much needed depth in the 6th round with Christian Benford.

I thought we also needed some depth or speed at IOL, WR, RB and LB. We didn't get much at IOL but I really liked WR Khalil Shakir, RB James Cook could be a real steal for us with his great bloodlines, his 4.43 speed, catching out of the backfield will be where I think he'll be the most dangerous and I'm looking forward to see what the running game will look like this season. I like the depth we got at LB also, this wasn't the flashiest draft but we filled some much needed holes (that's what she said!?).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Good write-up.  I do feel they were disappointed with some of the guys taken right before their pick in rounds 2 and 3.  Oh well, they recovered nicely.  I still would've liked to have seen a smidge more aggressiveness in round 3 to move up a few.

Absolutely this. It just seemed to me that on Day 2 everything went wrong, and I am pretty sure this is not how Beane envisioned it. But it doesn't mean that the consolation prizes we've got don't end up as great players for us.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fred Slacks said:

1) Elam- possible/probable starter

2) Cook- probably a lot of touches as a 3rd down back at least

3) Bernard- special teams starter/probably back up LB/maybe some big nickel stuff?

5) Shakir- possible punt returner/WR contribute as a rookie (maybe/hopefully)?

6) Araiza- possible starter at punter (one would hope)

6) Benford- reserve/possibly could start as a gunner (perhaps moving on from Taiwan Jones?)

6) Tenuta- I have no expectations whatsoever from him but who knows with how much depth there was in this year’s draft class. I’d imagine practice squad based purely on roster numbers 

7) Spector- Similar to the pick above. I have low expectations. Not because of ability but how stacked our roster is. Probably practice squad. 

I think all things considered if we walk out of this draft with just a starting outside CB, punter, and solid punt returner that have immediate contributions this season that would be huge for this year. Not to mention Cook at RB if he demands touches because of his ability. 

I think long term I was hoping to walk away with IOL and TE. But I don’t know the front offices plan with resigning. I’d imagine Knox gets resigned. I think the team loves him and he has a great relationship with JA. 

Hopefully Shakir is good enough to allow us to cut Crowder. That would be big for our team if he can force BBB to make that decision. 

Our draft class definitely seems hungry to prove themselves. They sure give off that impression in their interviews. 

I’m excited for training camp. The smell of super bowl championship is in the air!

Why would you want to cut Jamison Crowder?  The guy is a baller.  A professional WR.  He will be a big part of our offense this year.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5

10 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Why would you want to cut Jamison Crowder?  The guy is a baller.  A professional WR.  He will be a big part of our offense this year.

Agreed, people are sleeping on Crowder.  I suggest people go look at what he has done the last few years while playing with weak QBs.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Crowder has over performed given who he’s played with at QB. Playing with Josh will have everyone on notice. 

I love Crowder.  

He just can't stay on the field.  1 full season since 2016.  He needs to definitely have his load managed - we now have 2 other guys that can manage the slot.  

40 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Absolutely this. It just seemed to me that on Day 2 everything went wrong, and I am pretty sure this is not how Beane envisioned it. But it doesn't mean that the consolation prizes we've got don't end up as great players for us.

Agreed.

The second round, in particular, with the two trade backs….that felt like all the guys they wanted got taken right before them.

With Trent McDuffie and Skyy Moore, the Chiefs might’ve actually stolen TWO players from them.

The fact that they got Khalil Shakir in the 5th REALLY boosted this draft for me. To address the hole at corner definitively and to still add an explosive running back and receiver makes this draft a win overall in my book, even if I didn’t love every single pick.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

This talk about Crowder getting cut seems crazy to me. He's a good player. If he gets cut, that means they struck gold with their 5th rounder, which would be awesome, but very slim chance. Don't know why anyone would get their hopes up for that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

This talk about Crowder getting cut seems crazy to me. He's a good player. If he gets cut, that means they struck gold with their 5th rounder, which would be awesome, but very slim chance. Don't know why anyone would get their hopes up for that.

Crowder is no joke. He has proven himself on some crappy teams. He moves the chains...cannot wait to see him with Allen!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.