Logic's 2022 Draft Review

Fred Slacks

Starting to really warm to this draft haul.  And as much as some here have bemoaned not getting Josh enough help, we have a ton of interesting offensive chess pieces with Crowder, Howard, McKenzie, Cook and Shakir.  I really think Shakir has a great chance of becoming an elite slot guy.

Great review. I don't get the desire to want to cut Crowder however. I think he's going to be great here. A target machine that runs great routes that could easily replicate pre-broken/old Beasley. Not a bad guy for Shakir to learn from.

I love the Shakir pick but I can't find any reasoning whatsoever for his fall to the 5th. Everybody loves it! So why did he fall? Just misfortune for him and dumb luck for us? You can't find a negative word about the pick if you tried and some had him mocked in the late 2nd. 

On 5/1/2022 at 3:31 AM, Aussie Joe said:

Completely agree with all your points here…I’m not sure about McDuffie being their pick

McDuffie was never their pick. Even when they took a developmental corner in round 6 he met their arm length threshold. That is THREE times that they have gone to the well for late round corners - Jackson, Wildgoose, Benford. They all meet the standard. The UDFA they brought in from Tulsa - 32.75 inch arms. If the regime won't even take a shot on a day 3 guy or an UDFA unless he meets that standard no way are they spending a 1st on one that doesn't. Was never going to happen. And it won't next year. Or the year after. Or the year after that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

McDuffie was never their pick. Even when they took a developmental corner in round 6 he met their arm length threshold. That is THREE times that they have gone to the well for late round corners - Jackson, Wildgoose, Benford. They all meet the standard. The UDFA they brought in from Tulsa - 32.75 inch arms. If the regime won't even take a shot on a day 3 guy or an UDFA unless he meets that standard no way are they spending a 1st on one that doesn't. Was never going to happen. And it won't next year. Or the year after. Or the year after that.

yup… agree…

Do you think they might have been in on Skyy in the second?  

54 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

yup… agree…

I think they were out of second round grades by the time they came to pick. Hence the double trade down for less than full value. I am all but certain a bunch of their 2nd round grades were receivers. Which of Watson, Pierce, Robinson, Skyy that was (possibly all of them) I don't know. But it is certainly possible he was on the list.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/30/2022 at 8:07 PM, NewEra said:

@Jamie Nails @Mark Vader

was a blast hanging with you fine gents today.  

Not sure where to put this.  I’m sure we’re worthy of our own thread, but I’ll hijack your thread logic!  I’ll read your OP tomorrow and respond.  I’m sure it’s on point.  

On 4/30/2022 at 8:34 PM, Jamie Nails said:

Absolute blast! Always great to see the fine folks on this board in person! 

Had a lot of fun with you guys.

Great meeting you @NewEra, @Jamie Nails thanks again for getting me in the inner circle, it was the best.

Hope I see you both at the Rams game. GO BILLS!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they were out of second round grades by the time they came to pick. Hence the double trade down for less than full value. I am all but certain a bunch of their 2nd round grades were receivers. Which of Watson, Pierce, Robinson, Skyy that was (possibly all of them) I don't know. But it is certainly possible he was on the list.

I think McBride was the last second round grade that mattered.

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

yup… agree…

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I think McBride was the last second round grade that mattered.

Beane said in an interview that when their pick came up in the second, there were several guys they liked there, so they traded down. None of them were picked, so they traded down again, and that time, one of them was picked, so he decided not to trade down again. 

Between 60 and 63, Cam Taylor-Britt, Drake Jackson, and Bryan Cook were selected. One of those three was one of “their guys”. Personally, I think it was Cook.

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

Beane said in an interview that when their pick came up in the second, there were several guys they liked there, so they traded down. None of them were picked, so they traded down again, and that time, one of them was picked, so he decided not to trade down again. 

Between 60 and 63, Cam Taylor-Britt, Drake Jackson, and Bryan Cook were selected. One of those three was one of “their guys”. Personally, I think it was Cook.

Yes.. I heard him say that..

I guess the question is did he have 2nd or 3rd round grades on these guys...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.