Jump to content

NFL First Round Discussion Thread


Process
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

 

Though another franchise may have put in an offer to trade up ahead of us.

Who? Kc just got Mcduffie. And 2 top 20 picks fell. The value was for Lloyd and Johnson, ahead of Elam who was projected late 1st, early 2nd.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Maybe i’m wrong but I didn’t think he ran 4.39 40 at the combine. id like him more if he did. 

That was his combine 40

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BadboyBills said:

Who? Kc just got Mcduffie. And 2 top 20 picks fell. The value was for Lloyd and Johnson, ahead of Elam who was projected late 1st, early 2nd.

 

Who knows but I'm not sure if pick 120 is so precious we have to keep it ahead of ensuring we get the player we want in position of need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

But someone could have traded up for a CB.  Beane was watching all the trades going on and actually thought they might have to trade back because their guy wouldn't be there.

The chiefs did and took Mcduffie. Elam wasn't a fit with other teams and the value was on Johnson and Lloyd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BadboyBills said:

Who? Kc just got Mcduffie. And 2 top 20 picks fell. The value was for Lloyd and Johnson, ahead of Elam who was projected late 1st, early 2nd.

Unless teams needed CBs.  You just don't know.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

Bill outsmarting the champs by making them spend time on prospects that wouldn't be there......Thats how PatsNHFan will spin it.....

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BadboyBills said:

The chiefs did and took Mcduffie. Elam wasn't a fit with other teams and the value was on Johnson and Lloyd.

Correct.  McDuffie was the other CB the Bills had with a 1st round grade.  And how do you know Elam didn't fit any team?  He can play zone or man, press, etc.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BadboyBills said:

Who? Kc just got Mcduffie. And 2 top 20 picks fell. The value was for Lloyd and Johnson, ahead of Elam who was projected late 1st, early 2nd.

I like how we talk about value based on talking heads projections of players.  It's meaningless until these guys get on the field.  I like Elam's physical traits and I trust in McDermott's and Frazier's abilities to coach him into our next lockdown corner.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, UKBillFan said:

 

Who knows but I'm not sure if pick 120 is so precious we have to keep it ahead of ensuring we get the player we want in position of need.

Im not worried about picking in the 4th. Im worried a guy we might want, that might fall enough where we could use that 4th to move up more then 2 spots in the 2nd or 3rd.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

 

Bill pulled a……Bill. Thank God he thinks he’s God. Getting a real GM there would scare me. But he will retire soon enough. The man can coach, he just can’t reign in his ego. 

 

So you're saying it was a Strange pick...

Edited by ExWNYer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

I like how we talk about value based on talking heads projections of players.  It's meaningless until these guys get on the field.  I like Elam's physical traits and I trust in McDermott's and Frazier's abilities to coach him into our next lockdown corner.

Im not against the pick, I dont agree with the panicky trade up to get Elam.

5 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Unless teams needed CBs.  You just don't know.  

Right. So Beane panicked and moved up for no concrete reason apparently.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • SDS unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...