Anti-pick (Who do you not want to see?)

DasNootz

18 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I heard hes got t-rex arms

It is the one position on the O line where it doesn't really matter. We have a center with 8.5 inch hands. Linderbaum's arms are slightly shorter than Alex Mack and a bit longer than Nick Mangold. Now is he small? Yep. Is arms the issue? Nope. It has more to do with weight and girth with him and how he deals with heavy nose tackles. 

I'll just add, with Lindy and McDuffie and guys like that, this is where NFL people get dumb and overthink it. Those guys are unbelievable. So you are gonna take some raw division 3 guy who never played against anyone because he has longer arms? It happens time and time again and is just wrong so many times. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, falgobofu said:

I hear all the 'no IOL' but to think we could have the best rated Center to ever play the game I would be ecstatic. Someone to grow with Allen, play behind Morse a year and possibly start if Morse gets a concussion. We could have the anchor to our O Line for a decade if not more. Maholmes had Morse and became a monster, Allen gets Morse and has a phenomenal trajectory. I believe this shows how crucial an elite center can be. I would never advocate for an IOL in the past but this year im liking it. 

As to answer to who I dont want to see drafted, N. Dean and any Edge Rusher.

I think that is too high of praise for Linderbaum.  Very good prospect, but “best center to ever play”?

2 hours ago, DasNootz said:

I'm interested to see what player you're really adverse to picking that you're currently seeing mocked to the Bills.  

Mine is Kaiir Elam who I think takes too many penalties and is a mediocre tackler.  With a run of CBs early, there's a chance he's the best available CB if we don't move up - at that point I really hope we go with another position.

Mine is Kaiir Elam because he’s a poor and unwilling tackler.  And I want a CB, if reasonable. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Do not want to see a RD1 Defensive Pick, unless it's an unlikely trade-up for Sauce. 

What if one of the top 2-3 S is available? We have the Poyer contract issue going on, and both Poyer and Hyde are over 30.

There is a good chance S may be BPA.

2 hours ago, MWK said:

Isaiah Spiller (SLOW), Kaiir Elam, Any guard, defensive tackle, or safety in the first round. 

Pretty much anything else is ok with me. 

Do you think Spillers slow because of his 40 time or have you actually watched him play a good amount? 

Because I've watched him play for years and he plays a lot faster than his 40 time 

He has been tripped up from behind like once when he's running away from people in space 

Somebody's going to get a good running back in the second or third round

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

This is all accurate re the importance of the Center..

The only issue is we don't know how many more years Morse plays and unless he can play Guard he could be on the bench 1 or 2 seasons.  

We need a starter or immediate impact.  

I also like C for the reasons stated. If Linderbaum was the 1st or 2nd round pick it is likely Morse would be cut/traded next off season to clear up cap space and help keep a number of younger players coming due for extensions.

• Like (+1) 1

I trust McBeane so much I don't really care.  They'll make whoever they pick a great Buffalo Bill. (I really would rather they trade out of the 1st, but if I have to stay up that late.....)

I'm gonna lose my mind if we draft another DE or IDL.  I was almost okay with the back to back DE pick last year but the room was so crowded we barely even got to develop our young talent.  It would be the same problem again this year if we draft a D-Lineman.

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Do you think Spillers slow because of his 40 time or have you actually watched him play a good amount? 

Because I've watched him play for years and he plays a lot faster than his 40 time 

He has been tripped up from behind like once when he's running away from people in space 

Somebody's going to get a good running back in the second or third round

Yes I have watched him, was never impressed. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

It is the one position on the O line where it doesn't really matter. We have a center with 8.5 inch hands. Linderbaum's arms are slightly shorter than Alex Mack and a bit longer than Nick Mangold. Now is he small? Yep. Is arms the issue? Nope. It has more to do with weight and girth with him and how he deals with heavy nose tackles. 

I'll just add, with Lindy and McDuffie and guys like that, this is where NFL people get dumb and overthink it. Those guys are unbelievable. So you are gonna take some raw division 3 guy who never played against anyone because he has longer arms? It happens time and time again and is just wrong so many times. 

Devils advocate a bit here... but I've heard theories about why what's seemingly only an inch or two one way, can become pretty amplified when talking about disrupting passing lanes, and the ball having to take fairly different trajectories (increases difficulty of throws, disrupts timing/ effect WRs ability to get to "their spot", keeps the ball in the air longer).

I cant pretend to understand the game at that level, maybe someone else here can... maybe this is total horse ****. Honestly I'm not even intending to play Devils advocate here, as much as just sharing an interesting theory. 

6 minutes ago, MWK said:

Yes I have watched him, was never impressed. 

I don't think one scout has ever called him slow just because of his 40 time

Is he the best running back in the class ? No 

But he Played behind the weakest offensive line out of all the top running backs in this class.. consistently produced

And like I said was maybe caught from behind once in 3 years... He plays a lot faster than that 40 time 

He's not a burner but he isn't slow 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.