Anti-pick (Who do you not want to see?)

DasNootz

On 4/26/2022 at 1:50 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I learned my lesson with the Allen pick after not really watching him play and falling for every media and fan narrative out there because I didn’t have my own info. 

It wasn't every fan narrative.

But don't worry,  if you forget I will remind you. :thumbsup:

Elam has a high ceiling. I believe McDermott is one of the best equipped to help him reach it. 

Because of our CB coaching I believe he also has a high floor. 

If another team had taken him he would be considered a bust risk, but I can’t see that happening here. 

And as for who I don’t want to see in round 2-3; Any running back. I think we can get a fast back to compliment who we already have with one of our four day 3 picks.

Maybe if one of Hall, Walker falls to our 3rd Rd pick, but I don’t see that happening. 

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Wow I had no idea how deep the pre-draft dislike for Elam was on TSW.

There’s a difference between disliking a prospect and not thinking a prospect is a first round talent.  I’m happy that we added a cornerback.  I’m very happy that he’s big, fast and has very good movement skills.  I think he’ll be a fine starter.  At the end of the day, that’s what matters.  I would’ve preferred 3 other players…..but those players aren’t as big and as fast.  One has injury concerns.  One has character concerns.  The other might be best in the slot.  

I should’ve known that physical traits > game tape.  They have confidence that they’ll coach him up and I’m sure that they will.  Let’s just hope the refs like him.  He’s pretty grabby. Our defense should be the best in the league once Tre is healthy.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.