First round “no”s

OldTimer1960

15 hours ago, CNY315 said:

Just thought I'd provide some balance to the thread

I am hoping one of the better CB is available at pick 25 or even like pick 20. The Bills may trade up.

I think the Bill's can get a quality WR in the second round. Unless they think a stud WR is staring them.in the face. Also, the above mentioned scenario applies here too. I'm not an advocate of trying to move into the top end of the draft. Compensation is too step. 

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

R1 No's:

Drake London

Treylon Burks

Jameson Williams

Christian Watson

Kenyon Green

Tyler Linderbaum

Derek Stingley

Nakobe Dean

George Karlaftis

Boye Mafe

Arnold Ebiketie

David Ojabo

I like the list. However if Jameson is there at 25 that becomes very interesting. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Who are the players that you DON’T want the Bills to take in round 1?

For me:

Zion Johnson, Kenyon Green, Tyler Linderbaum: Good interior OL and that is a need, BUT not super special and IOL is not a premium position.  Of the 3, could maybe see Green because he could fill in at T in a pinch.

Jordon Davis: I’m not a full believer, but mainly the Bills have DT covered for this season.

Breece Hall or Kenneth Walker: they are good, not great prospects.  Without better OL play, no RB will really be much better than Singletary.

Any of the LBs - Unless they are moving on from Edmunds, no room this year.

For me, only positions for consideration (except for extreme value at another spot) are: CB or S that can play CB, OT or OT that can move to OG, WR (outside, or reluctantly a slot WR like Dotson)

It of course is not that simple most would agree that a cb that can start immediately but what if the draft doesn’t fall the way we need it to

zion offensive guard is a special player and def a need your going to say no to a player like that if all the first round worthy cb and we are gone? Folly

What is interesting in every mock where we don’t take a wr there ends up being a wr available later that can help us

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It of course is not that simple most would agree that a cb that can start immediately but what if the draft doesn’t fall the way we need it to

zion offensive guard is a special player and def a need your going to say no to a player like that if all the first round worthy cb and we are gone? Folly

I think that Zion Johnson is a good prospect, maybe very good, but I don’t think he is the next Quentin Nelson.  With Josh Allen using up a big chunk of cap, would you be willing to pay Johnson big $ and scrimp somewhere else for his 2nd contract?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimer1960 said:

I think that Zion Johnson is a good prospect, maybe very good, but I don’t think he is the next Quentin Nelson.  With Josh Allen using up a big chunk of cap, would you be willing to pay Johnson big $ and scrimp somewhere else for his 2nd contract?

Why would we be paying big chunk of cap? The whole idea of drafting them is getting them for cheap for 5 years

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

am hoping one of the better CB is available at pick 25 or even like pick 20. The Bills may trade up.

I think the Bill's can get a quality WR in the second round. Unless they think a stud WR is staring them.in the face. Also, the above mentioned scenario applies here too. I'm not an advocate of trying to move into the top end of the draft. Compensation is too step. 

I got players I'm interested in like everybody else but I trust in whatever decision they make. I'm not qualified to say any player/position is an absolute "no"

58 minutes ago, CNY315 said:

I got players I'm interested in like everybody else but I trust in whatever decision they make. I'm not qualified to say any player/position is an absolute "no"

You are no fun. It's fun to play out the draft. I don't think anyone is saying they know more than Beane and company. It's a place to share opinions and give your input. 

With the addition this season of Safold plus getting Bates back then add the coaching of Kromer I think we will see a big difference in the O line this season but in some respects i have to disagree about any back they might draft not being better than Motor .

Singletary is the best of the backs that we have now & needs to get more carries to be productive kind of like the older backs he needs to get into the flow of the game or a rhythm .

I'm not sure about the new guy i never saw him play but i feel there are a couple of backs this year that could be better simply due to their size especially in short yardage situations which is IMHO a need .

Despite the great things Beane has done for this team he has a fetish for RB's that are 5' 9" tall & 190 lbs,  Moss was a huge miss especially with the backs that were in that draft if he would have went with someone different like a AJ Dillon we would have been set .

i think Motor & a bigger back with a bit of speed & good hands would have been all they need & a better compliment or change of pace  in the back field .

As far as NO's please no more RB's at 5' 9" & 190 lbs !! 

Edited by T master

On 4/14/2022 at 7:57 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

Who are the players that you DON’T want the Bills to take in round 1?

For me:

Zion Johnson, Kenyon Green, Tyler Linderbaum: Good interior OL and that is a need, BUT not super special and IOL is not a premium position.  Of the 3, could maybe see Green because he could fill in at T in a pinch.

Jordon Davis: I’m not a full believer, but mainly the Bills have DT covered for this season.

Breece Hall or Kenneth Walker: they are good, not great prospects.  Without better OL play, no RB will really be much better than Singletary.

Any of the LBs - Unless they are moving on from Edmunds, no room this year.

For me, only positions for consideration (except for extreme value at another spot) are: CB or S that can play CB, OT or OT that can move to OG, WR (outside, or reluctantly a slot WR like Dotson)

I’ll do you one better. No CBs in round 1.

For me, there are some obvious assumptions.  For instance, Buffalo is not going to draft a punter or a QB in the first round, so I'm not going to worry about those positions.  I would have difficulty with Tyler Linderbaum because of his size.  As good as he's supposed to be, I would worry that he's limited to a zone blocking scheme, and I don't know that Buffalo is married to that concept.  They have run plays using both zone blocking and power blocking.  I am also biased against taking a linebacker in round 1.  I would question drafting receivers who depend on physicality and size because they lack speed, or receivers that might be too small to play outside. Drake London, Travon Burkes, and Jahan Dotson are on my worry list.  I also think it would be kind of dumb for the Bills to draft a tall offensive tackle in round one given that they've shown no inclination to shift Dion Dawkins inside.   Spencer Brown looks like he might be the answer at right tackle, and the Bills look like they're developing Tommy Doyle as a backup swing tackle.

On 4/14/2022 at 8:59 PM, BruceVilanch said:

scrubs are the guys who can't get no love from me.

Anytime someone randomly quoted a TLC song I think of the movie The Other Guys with Wahlberg and Ferrel. Pretty funny movie. 

Draft no for me in the first round is Hall or any RB this year. None are dynamic and worth a first. 

I wouldn’t mind IOL but not Linderbaum, although he is a wrestler from Iowa, something McD may like; his size is a concern. Small guy with small arms. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.