Beasley had three broken ribs last season?

Jerry Jabber

I thought it was common knowledge that he was playing injured most of the season last year, and I do remember it being rib injuries. That's why he would catch the ball and go down before contact, unlike previous seasons where he would fight for extra yeards.

I have no idea about the injury reports, though.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, MJS said:

I thought it was common knowledge that he was playing injured most of the season last year, and I do remember it being rib injuries. That's why he would catch the ball and go down before contact, unlike previous seasons where he would fight for extra yeards.

I have no idea about the injury reports, though.

You could tell by watching - hits he would get up slow didn’t seem to have the quick burst probably was in pain every week and fans just booing him 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, machine gun kelly said:

It really doesn’t matter.  He’s been declining since 2019, and wasn’t worth $.  He was hurt a good portion of 2020 and 2021.

He was worth it 2019, and I’m glad he was on our team, when we really needed it.

BINGO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

56 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Buffalo Rumblings is incorrect.

Beasley was on the injury report starting Week 8 vs the Jags and for several weeks after that (through week 12 IIRC)

He was on the injury report almost every week before and after that for a "Vet Rest" DNP

The stated reason was (wait for it): Ribs

41 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Good to see the Bills are finally jerking around the injury reports like the Cheats.  Well overdue.

Except that they aren't

PS I learned from a college classmate that if a person has strong musculature, it's possible for hairline fractures of the ribs to not show on x-ray until they start healing.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I can't recall the game but I remember him taking a hard shot to the chest last year.  Wasn't the same the rest of the year.  Again, as someone else posted, it doesn't matter.  They needed to save money to fix the defense and it was time to move on from him.  Now if Davis was a bust, it would have been a different story perhaps. But with Davis looking like a very good WR (I know he does not play in the slot), Diggs being amazing, and playing more two TE sets, it made total sense to move on from Beasley.  I'm not even convinced McKenzie will fill his role.  My hunch is they will add another WR in the draft.  They need cheap talent on the offensive side of the ball.  

For 2022 I would still like to see Sanders back on a one year deal.  

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It really doesn’t matter.  He’s been declining since 2019, and wasn’t worth $.  He was hurt a good portion of 2020 and 2021.

He was worth it 2019, and I’m glad he was on our team, when we really needed it.

Facts don't support your narrative.  2020 was his best season as a pro.  Without the injury in 2021 who knows what he would have accomplished.   Oh BTW he was against the vaccine

image.thumb.png.51c604bd0272124b292dd8d05112d69c.png

• Like (+1) 6

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Buffalo Rumblings is incorrect.

Beasley was on the injury report starting Week 8 vs the Jags and for several weeks after that.

The stated reason was (wait for it): Ribs

Except that they aren't

According to this (I do not know how accurate it is, but it's a reliable source), he was only on one injury list.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2021_injuries.htm

12 hours ago, stuvian said:

always admired him now I do so even more

Beasley is a warrior and fit the team well.  I didn't care for his selfish attitude with regard to the Covid 19 vaccine, but that is a personal choice.

i really appreciated how hard he played and he did help Josh develop.

But it is time to move on and I wish him all the best.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.